Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

What the heck are the Bears going to do at QB next year?

Seriously, they pick up Foles. Then go back to Trubisky when Foles sucked, after they didn't pick up the 5th year option Trubisky on  the cheap.

They should have paid Trubisky the extra year because worst case scenario they have a cheap backup in him or even if he needs to be the starter. Foles does nothing for the team next year.

But now they end up going into next year with sqaut.

Seriously, if by some miracle the Bears go deep in the playoffs and Trubisky plays well, that will up his price tag and they still won't have him for next year in any capacity. 

The NFC is soft except for the fudge packers. Anything can happen. And now the Bears want to turn into Carolina moving forward.. 

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The NFC is soft except for the fudge packers. 

Haven't heard that one for a long time!

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Seriously, they pick up Foles. Then go back to Trubisky when Foles sucked, after they didn't pick up the 5th year option Trubisky on  the cheap.

They should have paid Trubisky the extra year because worst case scenario they have a cheap backup in him or even if he needs to be the starter. Foles does nothing for the team next year.

The 5th year option would have been 24 million. Not exactly cheap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Trade for Wentz, then put in Foles after Wentz gets hurt?

Guaranteed superbowl victory. Proven!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

The 5th year option would have been 24 million. Not exactly cheap.

Well either way they still could have cut him. But I guess it's a risk not worth taking.

Trubisky’s option would cost the Bears $24.8 million but is guaranteed only for injury. As long as Trubisky can pass a physical in March 2021, the Bears could cut him then with no penalty.

They will trade for Darnold, who will go nuts after escaping the curse of Gase.  Jets fans will watch as Jets ownership selects another terrible HC and screws up the draft again..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

They will trade for Darnold, who will go nuts after escaping the curse of Gase.  Jets fans will watch as Jets ownership selects another terrible HC and screws up the draft again..

boy would I like to see that...i have darnold (along with several other "spaghetti at the wall types"  in this 2QB dynasty league where I have bungled the QB spot...

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Well either way they still could have cut him. But I guess it's a risk not worth taking.

Trubisky’s option would cost the Bears $24.8 million but is guaranteed only for injury. As long as Trubisky can pass a physical in March 2021, the Bears could cut him then with no penalty.

They didn't pick up his option.  He's an unrestricted free agent.  The Bears could re-sign him for anything the two agree on.  It doesn't have to be $24.8M.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:01 PM, Utilit99 said:

But now they end up going into next year with sqaut.

Seriously, if by some miracle the Bears go deep in the playoffs and Trubisky plays well, that will up his price tag and they still won't have him for next year in any capacity. 

The NFC is soft except for the fudge packers. Anything can happen. And now the Bears want to turn into Carolina moving forward.. 

Yer mom..:banana: HA...What do I win?  

Lots of talent on that team...It just seems to be misguided.  Then again, wtf do I know?  
We are all just armchair GMs here. Right?

8 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Yer mom..:banana: HA...What do I win?  

Lots of talent on that team...It just seems to be misguided.  Then again, wtf do I know?  
We are all just armchair GMs here. Right?

Rum and coke tonight?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Rum and coke tonight?

Never had that in my life, actually. 
I'm just a light beer alcoholic.  Coors Light and Keystone Light are my drinks of choice.  Seriously :cry:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Never had that in my life, actually. 
I'm just a light beer alcoholic.  Coors Light and Keystone Light are my drinks of choice.  Seriously :cry:

Beer and The Doors go well together. :thumbsup:

If I'm the Bears, I sign Andy Dalton to a 3-year deal and see what happens.  They have a decent team with some nice weapons.  It's best to invest the 2021 draft capital into improving the roster.  If things don't go as planned, draft a new guy in 2022 and play it out.  If need be, Dalton can be cut after year 2 and with no real cap hit.

• Like 1

How many years have people been asking this about the Bears?

I've been watching the NFL for 35 years and I can't ever remember them having a promising QB situation going into a season.

Jay Cutler doesn't count as a promising QB situation either

8 hours ago, polecatt said:

I've been watching the NFL for 35 years and I can't ever remember them having a promising QB situation going into a season.

Whatever they do, it'll end up not working out as usual.

How 'bout sending them JIMMY G? S.F. is obviously NOT gonna win a SB with this guy. It's like Alex.Smith revisited. 

On 1/8/2021 at 11:25 AM, polecatt said:

McMahan?

7 hours ago, taco breath said:

McMahan?

McMahon played in Chicago for 7 seasons and he only played 10 games+ in 2 of them.  He never played a full season.  I don't think many Bears fans would count him.  If he/they aren't counting Jay Cutler, you can't count Jim McMahon.

11 hours ago, taco breath said:

McMahan?

Only if he can bring the 85 defense with him, lol

I'm not even sure it's possible to have a defense like that in the NFL today with all the rules favoring the offense

On 1/8/2021 at 1:25 PM, polecatt said:

Yep. Look at the Bills who went through the same QB hell for so many years. Now, they got a "guy".  Amazingly they are a top team and very competitive.  The Bears are going nowhere fast with Trubisky, Foles, or any of these other names I’m reading on this thread.  Defense does NOT win championships, especially in this day and age.  Ya gotta score to win and that means you need a strong QB.  No other way to do it. Forget the "Trent Dilfer system" from 20+ years ago.