Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Class Action Park

Anyone seen this?  It's a documentary on a water/amusement park.  Pretty focking awesome.  On HBOMax.  If you've seen it, would you have gone to this park?  I think it would have been awesome, as long as you didn't get hurt.

the one where the kid's haid fell off?

Waiting for the Tiger documentary to drop then using the free week to watch both. 

Heard it was a good doc...but also heard it could have been alot shorter. 

Been there. True story:  I went down one of those long slides. They told us to make sure you cross your legs when you go down. I did not. Impromptu enema. Didn’t quite make it to the bathroom  before the fun began, but I managed to get there for most of it. My fiends were very, very amused. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Waiting for the Tiger documentary to drop then using the free week to watch both. 

Heard it was a good doc...but also heard it could have been alot shorter. 

Nah.  Length wasn't an issue.  You'll enjoy it

19 minutes ago, edjr said:

the one where the kid's haid fell off?

No.  This is one in NJ that opened in like the late 70s.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

No.  This is one in NJ that opened in like the late 70s.

70s and 80s were when you wanted to grow up,. Kids now have no idea. 

riding in the back of a pickup with no tailgate when they driver would go off roading. Now that was fun!  Until my little brother (12) went face 1st into the back window and broke up his jaw and nose

saw it.

been there several times as a kid and in high school. it was focking awesome. i remember thinking as like a 10yo...is this legal???

3 hours ago, edjr said:

riding in the back of a pickup with no tailgate when they driver would go off roading. Now that was fun!  Until my little brother (12) went face 1st into the back window and broke up his jaw and nose

I'm pretty certain you can go without seat belts on private land while offroading and not get a ticket, unless cops are patrolling your property on a regular basis.

Went there several times as a yout. They had these sled things that went downhill on cement tracks. I weighed about 140 lbs back then and would still hit big air. There were always a few people at the bottom of the ride with gnarly bleeding scrapes. There was also some water ride that would shoot you out of a tube and drop 30 feet into a pond. People would hit the water wrong all the time, I could watch that for hours.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:54 PM, Strike said:

Anyone seen this?  It's a documentary on a water/amusement park.  Pretty focking awesome.  On HBOMax.  If you've seen it, would you have gone to this park?  I think it would have been awesome, as long as you didn't get hurt.

After seeing that documentary, getting hurt there was a right of passage.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, edjr said:

Let's not forget the long-ass car rides with 4 kids having a royal rumble in the back of a station wagon cruising down the highway while the adults chain-smoked up front with the windows closed. Rites of passage...

On 1/5/2021 at 2:37 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Been there. True story:  I went down one of those long slides. They told us to make sure you cross your legs when you go down. I did not. Impromptu enema. Didn’t quite make it to the bathroom  before the fun began, but I managed to get there for most of it. My fiends were very, very amused. 

Had the same issue at the local sushi place. I was warned to not get the California roll. Took about 30 seconds for the floodgates to open.

Saw it a couple of months ago. Entertaining 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, edjr said:

Until my little brother (12) went face 1st into the back window and broke up his jaw and nose

If it was the 70s, that was probably a couple grand for medical bills. Today, God only knows ?

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

Let's not forget the long-ass car rides with 4 kids having a royal rumble in the back of a station wagon cruising down the highway while the adults chain-smoked up front with the windows closed. Rites of passage...

And drinking Budweiser the whole way.

I think Action Park was in North Jersey, never made it there.

However in South Jersey we had Clementon Park.  It closed abruptly in 2019 after 114 years in operation.  Going up for auction next week if any of you want to use some of your GameStop profits - https://6abc.com/clementon-park-and-splash-world-being-sold-new-jersey-auction-capital-recovery-group-water/10347167/

I remember they had these “tanks” that you drove around and shot tennis balls out of. Not sure if you only shot at other tanks but I specifically remember shooting at my uncle (not in a tank) - rules ? What rules !