Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

The Chiefs Are Going Undefeated in 2021

Not counting Kansas City, the worst two divisions in football are currently the AFC West and the NFC East, which are a combined 43-68-1, with no teams having a winning record.

Guess which two divisions the Chiefs play next season--and they play the AFC West TWICE!!!

They also get Cincinnati, for a total of 11 bye weeks (plus their regular one, of course).

That only leaves about five losable games:  the Ravens and Titans on the road, and the Steelers, Bills and Browns at home.

There will be no champagne in Miami next year...

I've seen a lot of people comment about how bad the opponents were for the teams who played against the NFC East, but has anyone considered how tough the NFC East's schedule was this year? They played against the NFC West (probably the league's best division top to bottom) and the AFC North (with an NFL-most 3 playoff teams). Yes the NFC East had a rough year, in part because of the Haskins experiment, in part because of major injuries (Prescott, Barkley, half the Eagles roster), but that division should be a lot closer to an average division next year.

I'll grant that the Chiefs have a good chance of winning their first 5 division games. Maybe the Chargers with Herbert and perhaps fewer injuries steal one. Doubt my Raiders will do so again any time soon. In the last week of the season if they have 16-0 on the line they may play their starters, though I think more likely they will not have that (or anything else to play for) and will sit starters and lose a division game to finish the regular season, like last week.

Last but not least, their non-division conference schedule. As mentioned, the NFC North is tough. You called Cincy a bye, but with Burrow in year 2 and Mixon back, who knows. Then Bills and Titans as you noted.

I don't doubt KC will be one of the top seeds again next year, if not the top seed, but I don't agree at all that they have an especially easy path to 16-0.

Chiefs played down to their competition all year.  They'll drop games next year.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, t.j said:

I don't doubt KC will be one of the top seeds again next year, if not the top seed, but I don't agree at all that they have an especially easy path to 16-0.

Considering that most Super Bowl winners play a much tougher schedule, the Chiefs' path IS especially easy.

(And yes, they'll be the Super Bowl winners again in 2021.  And of course 2022, to cap off the undefeated season.)

• Haha 1

I think we may see it in the mahomes era.  But it's a tough tough task to win 14 games.  16 is nearly impossible when you factor in injuries and the fact that any team really can beat any other team.  Not to mention the worst team just landed Trevor Lawrence.  And isn't the league considering a 17 game schedule? That is only going to make the challenge that much more difficult.

Sammy Watkins, demarcus Robinson, DE Alex okafor, SS Dan Sorenson, CB bashaud breeland, LB Damien wilson, C Austin reiter, G kelechi osemele, RT mike remmers, FB Anthony Sherman, DE tanoh kpassagnon, C dan kilgore, DT mike pennel, CB antonio hamilton, LeBron bell, and DE taco charlton are your unrestricted free agents

6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Sammy Watkins, demarcus Robinson, DE Alex okafor, SS Dan Sorenson, CB bashaud breeland, LB Damien wilson, C Austin reiter, G kelechi osemele, RT mike remmers, FB Anthony Sherman, DE tanoh kpassagnon, C dan kilgore, DT mike pennel, CB antonio hamilton, LeBron bell, and DE taco charlton are your unrestricted free agents

All trash

They are going to also get two third round picks when they lose Bienemy. 

Since the title of this exciting thread reads, the Chiefs are going undefeated in 2021, if they lose a playoff game or if they lose in the super bowl, that would blow their shot at being undefeated in 2021 right , I mean the title doesn’t say the 2021 season. And didn’t KC lose last Sunday to the Chargers, so that would already be a lost for KC in 2021. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

they also should be getting back Laurent Devarney-Tardiff or however you spell it, and Damien Williams.  Juan Thornhill should be fully recovered from the injury he suffered late last year.  They also have a minority executive getting consideration for GM positions.

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

doom and gloom for the chiefs this offseason

I don't trust a source that doesn't know the difference between Damien Wilson and Damien Williams.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't trust a source that doesn't know the difference between Damien Wilson and Damien Williams.

Not to mention this one is listed as a wideout