BLS

Well, you all ridiculed me for buying guns and ammo for the last 10 years

Just now, bigmarc27 said:

This place went full redneck.

Owning a firearm is “Redneck”?

1 minute ago, bigmarc27 said:

You spelled "retard" wrong.

However, having a gun is not the reason for that. I definitely support the 2nd Amendment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Not on its own, but owning thousands of rounds of ammo in anticipation of supporting Donald trump is the most  ignorant redneck garbage  I’ve seen. 

3 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Yeah, using your constitutional rights to protect yourself is so gauche. Better get on it and change the 2A and get those guns back. See how that works out. 

8 hours ago, BLS said:

And who's laughing now?

If you think ain't gonna pop off, you're not very smart.

You know I agreed with you. Should be an interesting week. The "news" is spewing so much BS and propaganda, it's pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, using your constitutional rights to protect yourself is so gauche. Better get on it and change the 2A and get those guns back. See how that works out. 

Git r dun. 

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Scared?  :lol:

Yes, people get scared that guns will be outlawed, or taxed, or there will be a coup, etc.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Voltaire, how's the Mrs?

She never posts here. 😉

The real one did take over my account one time about 8-12 months ago or so to make a post because she wanted to say something to Jerry. Over the years, I've realized that she lurks here, because every now and then she brings up stuff we talk about.

But to answer your question directly, she's doing fine. Healthy and still slim. Her superpower is that she eats as much as she wants of anything she wants without exercising and nerve gains weight. Our family is going great. She was a project manager in a real estate company when I met her that was making as much as I was but wanted to put her career on hold to raise a family. So for eight years, from when she was eight months pregnant with my first kid until the youngest was two, she was a SAHM while I worked.

Then she got the itch to get back into the workforce, this time in my line of work, she started to teach. We set up a school in a spare room in our apartment. Then it got so big we rented another apartment and used the living room for a class. But this was all on the downlow and illegal since we didn't have a school licence. We could have been busted at any time, but weren't. Then she wanted to make it legal so we put in a bunch of money and paperwork to rent out a commercial space and around February of last year, just as coronavirus hit, she got all the paperwork in order and we've been an above board school ever since. In turn, I finally got my teaching licence as well by taking online lessons. For most of my time over here, the schools I worked for never cared if I had a teacher licence or not: round eyes, a pulse, and a Michigan accent were all I needed. But to be being a licenced school, the government says the boss needs to have teacher certification, not the most unreasonable demand, I couldn't argue the logic of it even if I were inclined, and so I sucked it up and took the course online while I was under super-strict Chinese enforced harsh quarantine. Finished and *boom* all the certifications and stamps are official now.

Two of our kids are doing well in school, my is the exception, he is getting chewed up and spit out by the Chinese school system.

But China has beaten the virus. For how poorly they handled it a year ago in December/January, they flipped the switch January 22nd and went into overdrive on lockdowns and enforcement and, to their credit, really cut down the caseload to contain the spread before it took off too far out of Wuhan. For the most part, we don't have the virus here in China anymore. Ironically since it started here, for the last eight months, China may well be the safest place on the planet (for cornavirus, they have other non-safe issues to tackle, ask Jack Ma or the folks in Xinjiang to elaborate).

56 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

But to answer your question directly, she's doing fine. Healthy and still slim. Her superpower is that she eats as much as she wants of anything she wants without exercising and nerve gains weight. Our family is going great. She was a project manager in a real estate company when I met her that was making as much as I was but wanted to put her career on hold to raise a family. So for eight years, from when she was eight months pregnant with my first kid until the youngest was two, she was a SAHM while I worked.

Two of our kids are doing well in school, my is the exception, he is getting chewed up and spit out by the Chinese school system.

Do you use WeChat? If so, can you explain it to me? Why don't we have something like it here in the United States (or Europe for that matter)?

Also, I love it that you wanted your wife to be a stay at home mother. Did you have to struggle financially to provide for the entire family alone or did she work part-time? Being a SAHM, did she do all of the housework and child rearing or did you share the duties? I admire a man who likes to fulfill his traditionally role and sees the benefit of a wife/mother in the home. 

Lastly, is your wife vocal about her feelings or is she not very emotional, does she express discontent or is she simply satisfied or...you know, is she subservient to you? How does she compare to the average American woman? 

Also, is it true that you must be careful what you say about the government because you are always being surveilled?

(I learned a lot about the way things are run over there when my brother, who plays video games, explained to me about this situation: Hearthstone)

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Not on its own, but owning thousands of rounds of ammo in anticipation of supporting Donald trump is the most  ignorant redneck garbage  I’ve seen. 

I never said a word about Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

But China has beaten the virus.

When this is all over, I wonder if many nations will look at China and say "you bastards started this thing, lied about it, and did virtually nothing to contain it.  Lets reconsider our trade options."

I hope all do.

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Dude...seriously listen to this:  It is about the Constitution and Freedom. If you associate Donald Trump with those ideals, than yes, it is about President Trump. 

8 minutes ago, joneo said:

Dude...seriously listen to this:  It is about the Constitution and Freedom. If you associate Donald Trump with those ideals, than yes, it is about President Trump. 

So are all of these constitutionalists in DC today there to stop the traitors in Congress from trying to oppose the law in not certifying the will of the people?

6 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

So are all of these constitutionalists in DC today there to stop the traitors in Congress from trying to oppose the law in not certifying the will of the people?

My comment was a response about your comment and owning thousands of rounds of ammo.

Not on its own, but owning thousands of rounds of ammo in anticipation of supporting Donald trump is the most  ignorant redneck garbage  I’ve seen

It isn't about Donald Trump. You want it to be about him saying we are followers of a cult or some other dipsh!t saying. Truth is, we want to keep and practice our Constitutional rights. Again, if you associate Donald Trump into this conversation, that's on you. 

So, here is the kind of logic you libtards are so happy about. The Biden administration wants to institute mandatory gun buy backs, from legal gun owners. Legal gun owners commit very little of the gun violence in the country. On the other hand, via criminal justice reform, “re-imaging” the police, no cash bail, and neutering the police and making it not worth pursuing criminals, the illegal gun owners, who do almost all of the gun violence, won’t be pursued and jailed, and thereby not having their guns taken from them. So, legal gun owners, very little gun crime, no guns. Illegal gun owners, who do most of the crime, keep guns.  This should work out pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, here is the kind of logic you libtards are so happy about. The Biden administration wants to institute mandatory gun buy backs, from legal gun owners. Legal gun owners commit very little of the gun violence in the country. On the other hand, via criminal justice reform, “re-imaging” the police, no cash bail, and neutering the police and making it not worth pursuing criminals, the illegal gun owners, who do almost all of the gun violence, won’t be pursued and jailed, and thereby not having their guns taken from them. So, legal gun owners, very little gun crime, no guns. Illegal gun owners, who do most of the crime, keep guns.  This should work out pretty good. 

Obama was coming for your guns too, yet you still have ‘em.

Guess the Dems really suck at getting this done :lol:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Obama was coming for your guns too, yet you still have ‘em.

Guess the Dems really suck at getting this done :lol:

Obama would have done something if he had kept the house and senate. You forget he only had all three for a short while, and he spent his capital on Obamacare. Don’t forget he also had to run for re-election. Biden isn’t running again.  

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

And like I said, same thing happened in 2008.  People get scared.

This is a completely different nation compared to 2008.  2008 might as well be 1825.  Trust has completely collapsed in America.  And republicans absolutely do not trust this government.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama would have done something if he had kept the house and senate. You forget he only had all three for a short while, and he spent his capital on Obamacare. Don’t forget he also had to run for re-election. Biden isn’t running again.  

Seems very probable that the Democrats will have all three for only two years this time as well.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

This is a completely different nation compared to 2008.  2008 might as well be 1825.  Trust has completely collapsed in America.  And republicans absolutely do not trust this government.

This level of distrust in the govt goes back to the 60s.  History is your friend.

Human nature is that everything is different now, but it's really not.

2 minutes ago, t.j said:

Seems very probable that the Democrats will have all three for only two years this time as well.

Yeah, but you have to acknowledge things have been amped up a bit. The people who put Obama in were just goad he was there. It meant a lot to people. Biden isn’t getting any honeymoon period. People want what was promised. Starting with that 2k.  MCConnell is taking a lot of shite right now for losing Georgia and that 2k stuff is being blamed. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, but you have to acknowledge things have been amped up a bit. 

If by "things" you mean "dissatisfaction with whichever party is in charge" then I agree, things have changed to make keeping all three even less likely.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is where I am. There’s an issue for each side of the aisle that they focus on and it’s completely nonsensical. 

Rs - nobody is taking your guns. If an R campaigns on that, they’re fear mongering. 
Ds - they’re not abolishing abortion. I’ve known people who vote R every time because they think abortion should be outlawed.  It’s not gonna happen. 

5 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

This is where I am. There’s an issue for each side of the aisle that they focus on and it’s completely nonsensical. 

Rs - nobody is taking your guns. If an R campaigns on that, they’re fear mongering. 
Ds - they’re not abolishing abortion. I’ve known people who vote R every time because they think abortion should be outlawed.  It’s not gonna happen. 

My bigger  issue is the faulty logic. If the problem is gun violence, which it is, they spend all their time talking about a segment of the population that doesn’t do much of it. Now, if you say they aren’t taking guns and it’s campaign rhetoric, fine.  But the whole criminal justice reform and Reimagine police thing only leads to one conclusion. Criminals not being pursued or prosecuted. That stuff isn’t rhetoric. It’s the plan. It’s already happening in most blue cities. 

3 hours ago, peenie said:

the only violence that exists is in your minds or as a result your own foolish actions.

Violence? In our minds?

Our actions? LOL. So you blame the right for the lefts violence? 

You and your hoodlum liberals have lit this country up with violence.  Look at the news. The VIDEOS.  Its not hearsay.  BLM, Antifa, and the rest of the sh!tbag liberals that you're a part of and support, are terrorists. 

I hope it doesn't happen.  Just like most everyone. But IF you focking criminals push the right far enough, BLM, Antifa and the likes will be destroyed. Like, in a flash. 

If focking bottom dweller pissbags push hard enough, who is gonna save you when the other side fights back? Who?  Yourselves?  You liberal focking retards sit on your lazy asses all day every day, hand out waiting for someone else to think for you, work for you, hand out money to you, and take care of you.  You don't have CLUE when it comes to living without everyone holding your hand through life. 

That's why Peenie, you constantly ask questions on this message board basically asking "How do I get a head in life?"

You NEVER will. Folks like you will ALWAYS be low quality product of the system, carried along in life by the rest of us. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No one is taking our guns, relax.

Of course not.  You think those that would be "hired" to take guns want a face full of lead?  I'm doubting it.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Do you use WeChat? If so, can you explain it to me? Why don't we have something like it here in the United States (or Europe for that matter)?

Also, I love it that you wanted your wife to be a stay at home mother. Did you have to struggle financially to provide for the entire family alone or did she work part-time? Being a SAHM, did she do all of the housework and child rearing or did you share the duties? I admire a man who likes to fulfill his traditionally role and sees the benefit of a wife/mother in the home. 

Lastly, is your wife vocal about her feelings or is she not very emotional, does she express discontent or is she simply satisfied or...you know, is she subservient to you? How does she compare to the average American woman? 

Also, is it true that you must be careful what you say about the government because you are always being surveilled?

WeChat is like a telephone conversation with video and it's free via the internet. I don't use it much but it's one my phone because my daughter put it there. Me and technology do not get along very well. After years of constant frustration and confusion and getting burned and giving myself headaches, I have developed a tech phobia. So, I have never taken any interest in new apps or stuff. Something has to be completely idiot-proof for me to handle it. One of the biggest perks of living in China is the rampant piracy going on here but it me eight years and my former boss showing me how, to realize that even I could figure out how to find and download stuff. For years and years, I never got on twitter or facebook to try them because I despise all things computer related and presumed that I wouldn't be able to figure how they function and they'd just confuse me anyways as everything else does. Maybe I got lucky. Nowadays, realizing that I know they're both run by evil corporations who harass their users, I never will.   I can't upload anything but I can download. My sister has WeChat, so we talk to her in the states with it. Then sometimes I use it with students to discuss school related things. 

I always wanted a family, becoming a father was hugely important to me, but in the US I never found my financial footing to establish one. Over here, money was never an issue. As soon as I walked off the plane, I was earning enough money to support a family on one income, it was just a matter of finding the right woman. Now that she works too, I gave up my full time job and only work weekends at our school so I'm sorta semi-retired as I only work on the weekends when Chinese kids have free time and so I have loads of free time all week M-F. Lately, I've been playing Sudoku all day, hand-crafted ones with special rules I find on the internet because the normal ones don't challenge me anymore. I need the distraction and a new hobby as I gave up watching sports this year, and then in December, I cut back my news intake greatly .Together those made up most of my online time, but In the coming years I'll likely just tune out in disgust rather than continue to watch things slowly go to sh*t stateside as there is no end in sight for the upcoming disasters I expect. I do miss sports though so if the Red Wings don't have any kneelers, I intend to follow the NHL this year. 

I don't do much in the way of housework chores, no. Between my wife and mother-in-law. We don't have a dryer so I hang up clothes, I take out the garbage, do repairs and I kill things that need killing, which in this apartment is only bugs and mosquitoes who will return in a couple of weeks when Spring kicks in and the weather starts getting nice. This looks to be another year when winter never arrives in this awesome secret weather location nobody ever heard of; November and February are the nicest months of the year, like September in Detroit. Mid-December through mid-January  corresponds to Detroit in October while snow is unheard of, it can be bit chilly and pretty much requires a jacket or sweater. Highs in the 70s, overnight lows in the 40s.

My wife isn't subservient to me and she has a normal range of emotions. She's generally pretty content. While other couple have issues, we seem fine. I trust her completely with money and business decisions and she's proven herself to be pretty good. I know the sterotype, but mostly that's not her.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this part, as I do her a disservice and detract from the good things about her, but my goodness she has a horrible temper. I haven't had the volcano explode on me in ten years, but holy hell, when I got fired from a job a long while ago, oh did she let me have it. She has an amazing memory and was able to recite everything I ever did wrong to that point in our marriage, delivered at a decibel range that would impress Sam Kinison . And with Sam, his tirade lasts for twenty seconds, then you get a break, they a new topic and another thirty second tirade and another break and on it goes. And he's funny. When my wife goes busto, she's nonstop, repetitive and utterly cruel and cutting. Work and employment opportunities fall out of trees here and i had a new job in about three days, it was the worst job I ever had and I suspected going in that I wouldn't like it but I took it anyway just to calm her down and make her shut up.

Often, sadly, that's anger as she routinely goes off on my son in the evenings about homework. The boy needs a daily kick in the pants, sometimes a firecracker up his butt, to get to it. One of the worst things about being in China is not being able to help my kids do their homework. I can't read the language and don't know what's required. My wife has two standard go-to methods of motivation with homework: 1) yelling and screaming and 2) yelling and screaming louder. One time my son got a 58 on a Chinese test and my wife went a week lambasting him, insulting him as "Mr. 58." My daughters get to their homework without issue but my son requires daily direct intervention or it won't happen.

Here at FFToday, I do slightly censor myself, but I have always told you straight what I think about China. Everything  posted about coronavirus is entreily my legitimate thoughts and ideas on the manner. I criticize them or explain things and have never heard a word about it from anyone in nineteen years, not a single post has come back to haunt me and more than a few could. What i don't do is go into details about Xinjiang and Hong Kong or dwell on things that . If that's in a thread, it's rather shameful to admit, but I duck it rather than post about it. I have great sympathy for the Uighurs, their ethnic food is the best Chinese food available in China and it's also inexpensive. Ditto the umbrella movement in Hong Kong. I don't like what the Chinese are up to. But I could really screw myself over if I go into details about that sort of thing, so I take a pass.

It helps that I don't hate the CCP. Frankly, I think they run their country effectively. Further I've never run afoul of them. They've always treated me well, all things considered. I'm warned about talking about certain subjects in school but I don't talk about them. I would but I know I know I'd get in trouble so they've effectively kept me in line in that manner. I don't have the correct thinking on the subject matter and again, I've never had an issue. Also, as I said I don't use social media, likewise, I don't use Chinese social media, which, even if I wanted to, I can't write and can hardly read more than a bus schedule. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

When this is all over, I wonder if many nations will look at China and say "you bastards started this thing, lied about it, and did virtually nothing to contain it.  Lets reconsider our trade options."

I hope all do.

Unlikely. Trade relations with China will improve. Joe Biden* is an insider globalist establishment politician who couldn't care less if jobs are shipped overseas whenever his corporate donors want to save money on labor costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Unlikely. Trade relations with China will improve. Joe Biden* is an insider globalist establishment politician who couldn't care less if jobs are shipped overseas whenever his corporate donors want to save money on labor costs.

Bingo. Plus they know things. Lots of things. Hunter. 

you'll shoot your eye out

Just now, edjr said:

you'll shoot your eye out

I hope BLS wears glasses, for his sake.

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Violence? In our minds?

Our actions? LOL. So you blame the right for the lefts violence? 

You and your hoodlum liberals have lit this country up with violence.  Look at the news. The VIDEOS.  Its not hearsay.  BLM, Antifa, and the rest of the sh!tbag liberals that you're a part of and support, are terrorists. 

I hope it doesn't happen.  Just like most everyone. But IF you focking criminals push the right far enough, BLM, Antifa and the likes will be destroyed. Like, in a flash. 

If focking bottom dweller pissbags push hard enough, who is gonna save you when the other side fights back? Who?  Yourselves?  You liberal focking retards sit on your lazy asses all day every day, hand out waiting for someone else to think for you, work for you, hand out money to you, and take care of you.  You don't have CLUE when it comes to living without everyone holding your hand through life. 

That's why Peenie, you constantly ask questions on this message board basically asking "How do I get a head in life?"

You NEVER will. Folks like you will ALWAYS be low quality product of the system, carried along in life by the rest of us. 

Relax. I am only speaking of this thread and what inspired the OP to post that he's glad he has his guns and ammo ready. This thread is a reaction to the election, not crime or the riots which were a response to police brutality.

I am always appreciative of all the advice I get here and hope it continues. 

• Haha 1