Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Playoffs - who you rooting for and why?

For some of us it's obvious due to being fans of teams in the playoffs:

Me/Dain : Buffalo

Cmh/nzoner(?) : Kansas City

TBay : Tampa Bay

Etc.. 

What about the rest of you guys?  Especially interested to see who folks are rooting for in place of their usual teams if they failed to make the cut. 

• Like 2

Denver fan.  Good to see some teams that haven't had success lately in there.  I"m rooting for:

Bills - Just a fun team to watch, and Josh Allen proving everyone wrong is fun to watch.

Cleveland - How can you not root for a team that's been as inept as they've been for so long?  I also have Chubb and Hunt on a Dynasty team. 

Tennessee - Love the resurgence of Tannehill, love the brutal running style of Henry, and love A.J. Brown who I also have on a Dynasty team. 

Bills. Been to Rich stadium a few times, always fun. I like those crazy bastards. They’re fun, not sad and violent like Philadelphia. Plus my best friend is a huuuuuge Bills fan. After hearing wide right from me and a hundred other people a thousand times he’s entitled. So is the rest of the Mafia. 

Rooting for the Steelers to get destroyed in the first weekend...

Would love to see the Redskins go as far as they can...  Holding out hope that someone will say Redskins by accident and force of habit...

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bills. Been to Rich stadium a few times, always fun. I like those crazy bastards. They’re fun, not sad and violent like Philadelphia. Plus my best friend is a huuuuuge Bills fan. After hearing wide right from me and a hundred other people a thousand times he’s entitled. So is the rest of the Mafia. 

I think you might have said that to me a few times as well...  :mad:

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

The only teams left that have not won a super bowl are the Bills Titans and Browns, so either of those would work.

3 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

LFGGGGGGG :pointstosky:

It might be chilly... 

• Like 1

Bears, because I'm a Bears fan.  Since they most likely going to lose in the first round I am cheering for the Bills.  The team I will cheering against is the Packers.

This is the first Super Bowl of the new decade.  The Patriots were the team of the last decade.  The Chiefs 2019 title actually fell in the prior decade.  Fresh slate.

Roughly 50% of the AFC titles were won by either the Patriots, Broncos or Steelers. The 2019 AFC title game featured the Chiefs vs the Titans.  That was the first title game in NINE FOCKING YEARS that none of those 3 teams participated.  The last time was the 2009 AFC title game with the Colts and Jets.

For the sake of the entire football universe, the Steelers need to be eliminated pronto.  They are the only villain on the board.

There have been only 3 AFC title games this century where none of those 3 participated:

2002: Raiders / Titans
2009: Colts / Jets
2019: Chiefs / Titans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_Championship_Game

AFC:

wouldn't mind clev, buf, kcc

NFC: rams, maybe GBP... i think rodgers gets undue criticism for "only winning one"

I dunno. Which team has the fewest kneelers? That one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Roughly 50% of the AFC titles were won by either the Patriots, Broncos or Steelers. 

For the sake of the entire football universe, the Steelers need to be eliminated pronto.  They are the only villain on the board.

Now do the NFC, but use Super Bowl wins instead. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

Good question. Id say Buffalo? Just guessing. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I tuned the whole season out. It was surprisingly easy to do since my former favorite team both sucks and is the most woke in the NFL. Being overseas, I have to go out of my way to follow the NFL. But yeah, I do miss football. If there is a team out there that doesn't kneel, I'm in the market for a new team. 

Easy year for the Kopy family (at least of this writing).

I'm a life long Seahawks fan. Loved Steve Largent from the start. Currently a Russell Wilson guy.

My wife is a life long Bills fan. Jim Kelly and Andre Reed fan. Currently, Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs fan. (And interestingly. A Cole Beasley fan?)

Just now, Kopy said:

Easy year for the Kopy family (at least of this writing).

I'm a life long Seahawks fan. Loved Steve Largent from the start. Currently a Russell Wilson guy.

My wife is a life long Bills fan. Jim Kelly and Andre Reed fan. Currently, Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs fan. (And interestingly. A Cole Beasley fan?)

I love me some Beasley and his flowing blonde locks.  :wub:

Seriously, though, he's been great these last couple of seasons.  Always making big 3rd down conversions. I just hope his injury heals up. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They did just sign that POS Kenny Stills, though.  Hopefully being unemployed for a good chunk of the year made him realize he should STFU and just do his job. 

AFC - Buffalo, for the sympathy factor. I'd like to see them win one.

NFC - Tampa Bay, I'd like to see if Brady can win one without Bill

I'd probably root for TB if those 2 teams happen to meet on the SB.

I've got no strong feelings for any other teams. Just hope to hit on my squares for the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

AFC - Buffalo, for the sympathy factor. I'd like to see them win one.

NFC - Tampa Bay, I'd like to see if Brady can win one without Bill

I'd probably root for TB if those 2 teams happen to meet on the SB.

I've got no strong feelings for any other teams. Just hope to hit on my squares for the Super Bowl.

This post checks all the boxes of a disinterested fan 

3 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Damn....I was trying to check all the squares

See? See how dumb that sounds? We win. 

Well this is a rather unusual spot for me to be in as a Patriots fan—outside looking in.

I’ll be rooting for Seattle in the NFC because they’re the home team. Also I like and admire Pete Carroll and that little fruitcake Russell Wilson :wub:

The AFC is where my true loyalty typically lies. I love Buffalo as a great story, love their fans, love that town. So my heart is with them. I would’ve been going for the Steelers though, as they probably represented the best chance to knock off KC. But then they fell flat on their faces down the stretch, so I’m back to Buffalo :wub:

Tennessee and Cleveland would be great stories as well.

Pats fan..rooting for the Bills, then Cleveland.

eta..Browns would be nice, then we can pull up edjrs post from last year ripping them.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

This is the first Super Bowl of the new decade.  The Patriots were the team of the last decade.  The Chiefs 2019 title actually fell in the prior decade.  Fresh slate.

Right, but the season took place during the last decade...

Steelers always.
Buffalo.
.Everyone else
Cleveland
Baltimore

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

Damn....I was trying to check all the squares

He doesn’t understand 3 dimensional space HTH

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

That's ironic, considering that instead seeing kneelers now you are constantly seeing "Black Lives Matter" "George Floyd" and "End Racism" on every helmet.

We're holding a fair amount of Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, and Wilson cards.  For that reason, I'm rooting for any and all of them to do well.  

Bills - long suffering dedicated fanbase and a lot of fun to watch.

I really dislike the Saints and Seahawks so anyone but them in the AFC.

It’s funny how everyone loves the Bills fans. Yet noone loves the Eagles fans. Most hate them.  Both are shithole cities with a long, long history of losing.  But one has some class and the other is the Eagles. 

• Haha 1