JustinCharge

protesters tear down barricades and storm US Capitol

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think it was dumb. He couldn’t have pushed that many people away. 

I voted for Trump, but he made it hard.  In the end, I decided that I don't care that he sounds like an idiot, is too dumb to step back from Twitter, and my general disdain for fat people, and voted for his policies on China, immigration, and his devotion to the economy.  The fat thing almost pushed it over the top for me though.

5 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Not only could he, he did.  Listen, you supported his policies - I think everyone gets that.  His personality didn't and doesn't matter to you and a lot of folks.  But unfortunately that mindset isn't true for every person.

You can call fraud all you want, you can point to all this "evidence", etc. because in your mind, there is no way he could have lost "fairly".  If all this "evidence" was valid why didn't any of Trump's lawyers pursue it and/or bring it up in court?  In fact, why did they say the opposite that they had no evidence in court?  Weren't they privy to the same, endless Twitter videos, etc.?

He easily could have lost fairly. Maybe he did. But until there is a real investigation based on the evidence, I’m not going to say there wasn’t fraud when I know there was. At least show there wasnt enough, which is a real, hell maybe likely truth. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He easily could have lost fairly. Maybe he did. But until there is a real investigation based on the evidence, I’m not going to say there wasn’t fraud when I know there was. At least show there wasnt enough, which is a real, hell maybe likely truth. 

The old “prove there was no fraud” defense. There were recounts and certifications that happened in each of those states. In Georgia, it was led by Republicans and they had 3 recounts, including a manual one.

This is classic denial.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The old “prove there was no fraud” defense. There were recounts and certifications that happened in each of those states. In Georgia, it was led by Republicans and they had 3 recounts, including a manual one.

This is classic denial.

So all those people who testified were in on it? Or am I supposed to deny that happened, like you have decided to do? Never mind states making up their rules as they went along without legislative approval, like the constitution calls for. Should I deny that happened as well? Someone is in denial alright. Never mind the statistical improbabilities of many of the vote counts. You’re denying a lot of things. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He easily could have lost fairly. Maybe he did. But until there is a real investigation base on the evidence, I’m not going to say there wasn’t fraud when I know there was. At least show there want enough, which is a real, he’ll maybe likely truth. 

That's what loses me.  Isn't the burden of proof on Team Trump?  We all see the mountains of links, etc. that get posted here and all over social media - shouldn't they have done their job and presented that?  Or maybe they did actually vet it and found it was BS?  Again, I surely don't know...but I do know they said they had no evidence of fraud.

I suppose what I am saying is even after Trump's lawyers failed we should have another investigation?  Wasn't that most of, if not at least some of what these 60+ lawsuits were about?  It appears the majority of the claims had explanations - of course no one can make anyone believe those explanations but you really think *another* investigation is going to produce different results?

It seems like this will always be a "plus one" situation.  Let's say you define what a "real investigation" is, it happens, same results.  Now maybe that satisfies you but it wouldn't be long before the next person in line, says "yeah but now we need this or that".  It never ends unless the results are in favor of what you* think the results should be (*not directly inferring you).

I voted for Trump in 2016, couldn't do it in 2020.  I couldn't vote for Biden either, I threw away my vote, wrote in my son's name.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So all those people who testified were in on it? Or am I supposed to deny that happened, like you have decided to do? Never mind states making up their rules as they went along without legislative approval, like the constitution calls for. Should I deny that happened as well? Someone is in denial alright. Never mind the statistical improbabilities of many of the vote counts. You’re denying a lot of things. 

Like the crazy people who testified? Or the accusations that dead people voted when the “dead” people showed up? 

Not sure if you saw the idiots at the Capitol, but there are plenty of folks who will lie for Trump. Heck look at every one of his press secretaries.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Like the crazy people who testified? Or the accusations that dead people voted when the “dead” people showed up? 

Not sure if you saw the idiots at the Capitol, but there are plenty of folks who will lie for Trump. Heck look at every one of his press secretaries.

I never once said Trump would succeed in getting it overturned. I knew he would not. You can’t make the case of widespread fraud in a matter of weeks. It’s impossible. They were all crazy? They got hundreds of crazy people? Never thought you to be a conspiracy nut. 

8 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

That's what loses me.  Isn't the burden of proof on Team Trump?  We all see the mountains of links, etc. that get posted here and all over social media - shouldn't they have done their job and presented that?  Or maybe they did actually vet it and found it was BS?  Again, I surely don't know...but I do know they said they had no evidence of fraud.

I suppose what I am saying is even after Trump's lawyers failed we should have another investigation?  Wasn't that most of, if not at least some of what these 60+ lawsuits were about?  It appears the majority of the claims had explanations - of course no one can make anyone believe those explanations but you really think *another* investigation is going to produce different results?

It seems like this will always be a "plus one" situation.  Let's say you define what a "real investigation" is, it happens, same results.  Now maybe that satisfies you but it wouldn't be long before the next person in line, says "yeah but now we need this or that".  It never ends unless the results are in favor of what you* think the results should be (*not directly inferring you).

We could do the Russia investigation for two years on behalf of a handful of elites who needed to CYA. Why not one on behalf of millions of voters? What’s the harm? 

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I voted for Trump in 2016, couldn't do it in 2020.  I couldn't vote for Biden either, I threw away my vote, wrote in my son's name.

I wrote in your son’s name too.

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I did the opposite.  I voted 3rd party in 2016 just to say I voted (in ny vote hardly matters).  Thought how ridiculous that Trump a celebrity was a candidate.  Could not vote for Hillary.  Much to my surprise Trump was doing a real good job until the Chinaflu.  Or at least a good job compared to what I expect from presidents these days.  Within the last 4 years I saw the Democrats turn on their heads.  So much goofy stuff.  The puzzification.  The racist unfounded claims.  Thr hatred of white people.  The control of media.  Cancel culture.  Wanting this country to be a refugee haven.  So not only did I think Trump was doing well but the opposition became a party that couldnt even consider.   So I voted Trump this cycle.  

Now we see the democrats supressing freedom of speech.   Lying about the virus.  Letting gangs of protesters do whatever they want in certain places for months.   The party is unvotable to me.  They stand for nothing I want to stand for.  

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never once said Trump would succeed in getting it overturned. I knew he would not. You can’t make the case of widespread fraud in a matter of weeks. It’s impossible. They were all crazy? They got hundreds of crazy people? Never thought you to be a conspiracy nut. 

Conspiracy? No. Cult members willing to lie for their Fuhrer? You bet.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I did the opposite.  I voted 3rd party in 2016 just to say I voted (in ny vote hardly matters).  Thought how ridiculous that Trump a celebrity was a candidate.  Could not vote for Hillary.  Much to my surprise Trump was doing a real good job until the Chinaflu.  Or at least a good job compared to what I expect from presidents these days.  Within the last 4 years I saw the Democrat party turn on its head.  So much goofy stuff.  The puzzification.  The racist unfounded claims.  Thr hatred of white people.  The control of media.  Cancel culture.  Wanting this country to be a refugee haven.  So not only did I think Trump was doing well but the opposition became a party that couldnt even consider.   So I voted Trump this cycle.  

Now we see the democrats supressing freedom of speech.   Lying about the virus.  Letting gangs of protesters do whatever they want in certain places for months.   The party is unvotable to me.  They stand for nothing I want to stand for.  

I agree, I couldn't vote for them either.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Conspiracy? No. Cult members willing to lie for their Fuhrer? You bet.

This is where I’m supposed to say that some of them were Democrats like you guys always like to say when a Republican goes against Trump, to lend credibility. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We could do the Russia investigation for two years on behalf of a handful of elites who needed to CYA. Why not one on behalf of millions of voters? What’s the harm? 

Because two wrongs don't make a right?

And because the most likely outcome is the same as we have now and it would probably, at best, change a tiny percentage of people's minds.

Have Trump's lawyers ever answered as to why they said they had no evidence of fraud and/or why or what they did with all the evidence everyone continues to point to?  I mean, they should have been keenly aware as to what was available to help their client.  I am curious at why this is being glossed over (I know you don't have the answers, meaning in general). 

I understand it still doesn't pass the smell test for those in the "tons of fraud" camp but you have to also see it from those that are skeptical and not conspiracy laden people as well.  It surely doesn't bode well when, in court, your lawyer says they don't have evidence for the thing they are claiming.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is where I’m supposed to say that some of them were Democrats like you guys always like to say when a Republican goes against Trump, to lend credibility. 

Nah. You don’t really have credibility nowadays. :lol: 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She’s lying her ass off. And no one will call her out in it. 

Looks like COVID got another couple of Dems during the lockdown.  If it's due to the Republicans that were there not wearing masks then they MUST have it as well, right?  Easy peasy to prove. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-politics/rep-brad-schneider-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-lockdown-during-capitol-riot/2414484/

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I did the opposite.  I voted 3rd party in 2016 just to say I voted (in ny vote hardly matters).  Thought how ridiculous that Trump a celebrity was a candidate.  Could not vote for Hillary.  Much to my surprise Trump was doing a real good job until the Chinaflu.  Or at least a good job compared to what I expect from presidents these days.  Within the last 4 years I saw the Democrats turn on their heads.  So much goofy stuff.  The puzzification.  The racist unfounded claims.  Thr hatred of white people.  The control of media.  Cancel culture.  Wanting this country to be a refugee haven.  So not only did I think Trump was doing well but the opposition became a party that couldnt even consider.   So I voted Trump this cycle.  

I couldn't support the democrat party either.  I've found that the republican party has gone nutty since Trump has been President though.  I don't want much to do with them either.  This is why I voted independent.

17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Looks like COVID got another couple of Dems during the lockdown.  If it's due to the Republicans that were there not wearing masks then they MUST have it as well, right?  Easy peasy to prove. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-politics/rep-brad-schneider-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-lockdown-during-capitol-riot/2414484/

Brad Schneider? Is that the guy from All That Jazz?

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Brad Schneider? Is that the guy from All That Jazz?

That's Roy Scheider... also played in Jaws.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's Roy Scheider... also played in Jaws.

The 5 stages of dying. Seems appropriate after this last election.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess that’s why he got a lot more votes this time. Pushing people away. Keep telling yourself that. Reality says otherwise. 

So just to be clear...Biden got more votes because fraud, and Trump got more votes because he's the best?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So just to be clear...Biden got more votes because fraud, and Trump got more votes because he's the best?

Did you miss the part where I said it’s very possible, or likely, that Biden got more votes to win? You like playing games because you think you’re clever. You aren’t. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did you miss the part where I said it’s very possible, or likely, that Biden got more votes to win? You like playing games because you think you’re clever. You aren’t. 

Aren't you the one that keeps whining about Biden getting the most votes in history? 

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Aren't you the one that keeps whining about Biden getting the most votes in history? 

Call it whining if you want. You should stay out if it if that’s all it is to you. But you don’t, you’re just jonesing for some trolling. 

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Sure if you count dead people and fake ballots and all. :dunno:

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

This was me as well.  

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I did that for Bush vs. Mondale. I wrote in Nixon. 

Yup same here

I voted 3rd party in 2016. Was not a fan of Hillary.

In 2020, I could not deal with 4 more years of lies and craziness. Had to pick the lesser of 2 evils and went Biden (not that my vote in MA matters).

10 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I did that for Bush vs. Mondale. I wrote in Nixon. 

I think Mondale ran against Reagan.  Bush ran against Dukakis and Clinton, or am I missing some election between Mondale and Bush?

What you do if you're Trump is take the L, and insist that a real investigation take place.  The democratic process is supposedly so important to everyone.  Why are we not investing time and money into making sure our elections can't be fūcked with?  

I'm very confident there was some fraud.  Just not enough to swing the election, but I would love to see anyone on either side to be prosecuted for it instead of people saying, "well an investigation would be difficult."

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I voted 3rd party in 2016. Was not a fan of Hillary.

In 2020, I could not deal with 4 more years of lies and craziness. Had to pick the lesser of 2 evils and went Biden (not that my vote in MA matters).

I don't think you know what "lies" means unless you are talking about the left accusing Trump of countless things day in and day out.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

What you do if you're Trump is take the L, and insist that a real investigation take place.  The democratic process is supposedly so important to everyone.  Why are we not investing time and money into making sure our elections can't be fūcked with?  

I'm very confident there was some fraud.  Just not enough to swing the election, but I would love to see anyone on either side to be prosecuted for it instead of people saying, "well an investigation would be difficult."

The problem is the people who won, including republicans. don’t benefit from investigating an election they won. They control the investigatory bodies now. It will take something on the state level. Don’t count on it. So now we have millions of voters who think their vote was canceled. Not good. 

34 minutes ago, nobody said:

From what I can tell its only a fraudulent election if a Democrat loses (Hillary, Abrams etc).  If a Democrat wins then to question it is to be labelled in some way, and have your reputation ruined, and end up on a list, and be banned from twatter etc...

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I wrote in your son’s name too.

I wrote in his wife's name.  While peeing in the snow.  And it was in her handwriting.

TRABEK!!#!@!@

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jetdoc said:

I wrote in his wife's name.  While peeing in the snow.  And it was in her handwriting.

TRABEK!!#!@!@

:mad:

1 hour ago, nobody said:

That doesn't go along with either Trump's MO or his motivation, obviously.