JustinCharge

protesters tear down barricades and storm US Capitol

8 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

That's not what I'm saying at all, but the NYT had some of the best and most experienced journalists in the land working on that investigative piece, which got picked over by all kinds of lawyers, including ones who specialize in libel and tax law. If you were a great lawyer, would you go work for the IRS or go into private practice, where you make a sh!t ton more money.

A lot of the average law-school graduates have to go into government work or become criminal defense lawyers sucking on the public teet because they don't have the grades or internship chops to get a job with a big, kick-ass firm.

Are you saying IRS lawyers are head and shoulders above private-practice lawyers?

The IRS doesn't investigate massive tax fraud and then publish lengthy articles about it for public consumption. It takes people to court.

You';re comparing apples to azzholes here. To not read something because you have a negative opinion about it is ignorant and underscores so much of what's wrong in this country.

Yes, the NYT leans left, but it also is one of the world's most decorated, respected and greatest information sources.

Your news hero Tucker Carlson couldn't get a job there cleaning toilets.

I spit out my drink 

26 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

That's not what I'm saying at all, but the NYT had some of the best and most experienced journalists in the land working on that investigative piece, which got picked over by all kinds of lawyers, including ones who specialize in libel and tax law. If you were a great lawyer, would you go work for the IRS or go into private practice, where you make a sh!t ton more money.

A lot of the average law-school graduates have to go into government work or become criminal defense lawyers sucking on the public teet because they don't have the grades or internship chops to get a job with a big, kick-ass firm.

Are you saying IRS lawyers are head and shoulders above private-practice lawyers?

The IRS doesn't investigate massive tax fraud and then publish lengthy articles about it for public consumption. It takes people to court.

You';re comparing apples to azzholes here. To not read something because you have a negative opinion about it is ignorant and underscores so much of what's wrong in this country.

Yes, the NYT leans left, but it also is one of the world's most decorated, respected and greatest information sources.

These crack reporters, same ones who did all that work on the Russia hoax? After all, didn’t they get a Pulitzer? 

16 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Alright so first of all, the NYT is absolutely not one of the most respected information sources.  Second I don't even know who Tucker Carlson is, I mean I've heard his name, but I couldn't point him out in a crowd or know what he stands for.  Third, I'm sure if there was a piece of Brietbart or some other right wing rag, you would dismiss it as well.  You're letting your politics get in the way of truth.

Regarding the IRS, it's their job to audit and ensure that we comply with the tax law.  That's not the job of the NYT.  And I really don't know much about the level of legal competence when it comes to private practice vs IRS but I would agree that the best and brightest usually go for the most money.  Makes sense that if you cannot cut it in private practice, then you would just go work for the public.  And if you're not good enough for that, well I guess you can always just sell insurance.

• Confused 1

Let’s talk about the Klan.  I live in NC and have never known or seen anybody or anything KKK related.  Where are these people?  As much as they are talked about you’d think they are some huge mega group with power.  It’s like the invisible boogie man.  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Let’s talk about the Klan.  I live in NC and have never known or seen anybody or anything KKK related.  Where are these people?  As much as they are talked about you’d think they are some huge mega group with power.  It’s like the invisible boogie man.  

When I went to college in the 90s, There were Klan rallys.  We were told to stay away, which is IMO the best idea.  Let them have their little rally, pay them to attention, and then go back to normal.  These days the marching orders are to fight them, counter protest, etc.  Which I can understand in principle, but you're just giving them more attention and power by doing that.  You can't fight these people into believing something they shouldn't.  You can't show up at a rally and demand these people not be racist.  They are racist.  All you can do is fight there actions if/when warranted.

So yeah there are klansman around, but as long as they don't do anything, who gives a sh!t.

I still get a kick out of people comparing Antifa to the proud boys. The proud boys had a website and listed their leaders names. Antifa wears masks. 

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

So by their logic, if you went to a BLM protest and looting broke out, you stand with the looters. Chris Cuomo went to Yale. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Now what? 

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:
  1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

They already did that. White supremacy is hear to stay. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They already did that. White supremacy is hear to stay. 

Just noting how the tactic relates to the push toward a totalitarian system

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Impressive.  Lemon states that “principled people both conservative and liberal would never side with Nazis, would never side with a group that says their fellow Americans are less than, that your fellow Americans should not exist.”  And then without taking a breath he leaps into a Nazi dehumanizing tactic of lumping everyone who voted for Trump or supports any of his policies into a group which is less than and should not exist.  Well done.  :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Impressive.  Lemon states that “principled people both conservative and liberal would never side with Nazis, would never side with a group that says their fellow Americans are less than, that your fellow Americans should not exist.”  And then without taking a breath he leaps into a Nazi dehumanizing tactic of lumping everyone who voted for Trump or supports any of his policies into a group which is less than and should not exist.  Well done.  :thumbsup: 

Impressive, even by Don Lemons racist standards

Clownzo growing increasingly unhinged in final days

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-finale-insight/inside-trumps-final-days-aides-struggle-to-contain-an-angry-isolated-president-idUSKBN29J2J3?fbclid=IwAR26ve4PeS3YU78kpRLuj4WRLsYQlcr3X_zJ3clzI614lGseG47Bd4C4VWk

Trump’s last days in the White House have been marked by rage and turmoil, multiple sources said. He watched some of the impeachment debate on TV and grew angry at the Republican defections, a source familiar with the situation said.

Trump has suffered a sudden rupture with his vice president, the departure of disgusted senior advisers, his abandonment by a small but growing number of Republican lawmakers, the loss of his cherished Twitter megaphone, and a rush by corporations and others to distance themselves from him and his businesses.

Reuters spoke to more than a dozen Trump administration officials with a window into the closing act of his presidency. They described a shrinking circle of loyal aides who are struggling to contain an increasingly fretful, angry and isolated president – one seemingly still clinging to unfounded claims of election fraud - and to keep the White House functioning until Biden assumes power.

“Everybody feels like they’re doing the best job they can to hold it all together until Biden takes over,” one Trump adviser told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

31 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

He should get lots and lots of cats. I hear they help in these type spirit crushing moments.  

Very happy these creatures are being rounded up and charged. I would like to see at least some of these trials be public. I also hope this is the way we are going to deal with political violence going forward. We have the technology.  We certainly have not been using it to its full effectiveness the last year. 

• Like 1

Very happy these creatures are being rounded up and charged. I would like to see at least some of these trials be public. I also hope this is the way we are going to deal with political violence going forward. We have the technology.  We certainly have not been using it to its full effectiveness the last year. 

Oh hell yeah, and let's not do the little pretend crap of "if they were black" bullfocking sh!t either.  Send them away forever

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Oh hell yeah, and let's not do the little pretend crap of "if they were black" bullfocking sh!t either.  Send them away forever

I want the ones who attacked the cops trials on TV like OJ. I read On one of my cop sites that one of the POS that threw a fire extinguisher is a retired Fireman from PA. He needs to go away for a long time. It will be nice to watch him cry, and he will. If true. 

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm a liberal and I know to avoid these 2 hacks like the plague. They are perfect symbols (along with Tucker, Hannity, O'Reilly, Olbermann, et al) of how television news has been completely desecrated for the sake of infotainment ratings. I want my 'anchors' to present the facts. Maybe talk to a reporter on the scene of an event or an expert in the field being discussed.

All these hosts do anymore is inject their own editorialization and host panels of opinionated talking heads that just argue over each other. That's not news. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Newsmax, OAN-- no one that wants real information should ever spend a moment watching any of these bastardized "news organizations."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fnord said:

I'm a liberal and I know to avoid these 2 hacks like the plague. They are perfect symbols (along with Tucker, Hannity, O'Reilly, Olbermann, et al) of how television news has been completely desecrated for the sake of infotainment ratings. I want my 'anchors' to present the facts. Maybe talk to a reporter on the scene of an event or an expert in the field being discussed.

All these hosts do anymore is inject their own editorialization and host panels of opinionated talking heads that just argue over each other. That's not news. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Newsmax, OAN-- no one that wants real information should ever spend a moment watching any of these bastardized "news organizations."

Show me one thing those guys you listed that comes close to what these two jerked each other off about. Start with Tucker. Hell, show me the worst example of Tucker you can find. It’s not comparable, no matter how many times you say it. 

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

A swing and a miss by you. :doh:

Far left activist/ Antifa John Sullivan was hit with felony charges today for his actions during the events at the capital. Told you Antifa was there. “ we gotta get this shite burned” he was recorded saying. 

Show me one thing those guys you listed that comes close to what these two jerked each other off about. Start with Tucker. Hell, show me the worst example of Tucker you can find. It’s not comparable, no matter how many times you say it. 

OK. Just because that's what you think doesn't make it binding truth. If you think I'm going to bathe myself in sewage down some Tucker Carlson rabbit hole for your sake, you are delusional. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Far left activist/ Antifa John Sullivan was hit with felony charges today for his actions during the events at the capital. Told you Antifa was there. “ we gotta get this shite burned” he was recorded saying. 

Good. Put them all away.

They have arrested most of the celebrities, Longhorns Calhoun or whatever the guy with the face paints name is (QAnon shaman I think lol) , Beard guy with the video game tattoo MAGAtards were saying was antifa lol, the ex military guy with the zip ties ready to take hostages, all the great characters from the videos putting themselves on display like there would be no consequences. Oh I can’t forget the noble patriot with the Camp Aushwitz shirt, he was popped too, great American I hear, real classy.

26 minutes ago, Fnord said:

OK. Just because that's what you think doesn't make it binding truth. If you think I'm going to bathe myself in sewage down some Tucker Carlson rabbit hole for your sake, you are delusional. 

Shouldn’t be hard for you to tell me one thing. Unless, of course, you never watched him. I’m thinking that’s the case. I can paraphrase off the top of my head moronic things many left wing talking heads have said without even googling it. We can start with “mostly peaceful”. That covers most of them. Got anything as strikingly dumb and misleading as that? Bet you don’t. 

39 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

They have arrested most of the celebrities, Longhorns Calhoun or whatever the guy with the face paints name is (QAnon shaman I think lol) , Beard guy with the video game tattoo MAGAtards were saying was antifa lol, the ex military guy with the zip ties ready to take hostages, all the great characters from the videos putting themselves on display like there would be no consequences. Oh I can’t forget the noble patriot with the Camp Aushwitz shirt, he was popped too, great American I hear, real classy.

They say the arrests so far are the tip of the iceberg, many more to come.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shouldn’t be hard for you to tell me one thing. Unless, of course, you never watched him. I’m thinking that’s the case. I can paraphrase off the top of my head moronic things many left wing talking heads have said without even googling it. We can start with “mostly peaceful”. That covers most of them. Got anything as strikingly dumb and misleading as that? Bet you don’t. 

Of course I don't watch Tucker. Do you watch Maddow? I've seen lots of links all over the internet of him saying absurd sh!t. Your assessment of "mostly peaceful" being the bar to clear means little to me. Were the protests at the capitol mostly peaceful? Yes, they were. As in, while there was abhorrent activity and violence, the overwhelming majority of the people there were, in fact, peaceful. Same thing for what went on this summer. A tiny minority created all the mayhem, while the vast majority of people there were peaceful. Ergo, mostly peaceful. You can't fault the people who were being peaceful for the actions of the troublemakers or the reactions of law enforcement that created violence. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And CNN gave him a platform.  LMAO

Im so sick of all this "violating the sacred halls of our democracy" crap I keep hearing.

Our "democracy" is a focking joke and has been for a long time.

Frankly, "member of congress" ranks somewhere between "pedophile" and "used car salesman" as far as I'm concerned on the respectability meter.

Fock Trump, and fock the idiot protesters, but congress has deserved to be stormed by the people for decades.

• Thanks 2

On 1/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

These crack reporters, same ones who did all that work on the Russia hoax? After all, didn’t they get a Pulitzer? 

Only those with brain cells numbering in the single digits believe that the findings of the Mueller report are a “hoax.”

20 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Im so sick of all this "violating the sacred halls of our democracy" crap I keep hearing.

Our "democracy" is a focking joke and has been for a long time.

Frankly, "member of congress" ranks somewhere between "pedophile" and "used car salesman" as far as I'm concerned on the respectability meter.

Fock Trump, and fock the idiot protesters, but congress has deserved to be stormed by the people for decades.

Violence is the answer? 

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And CNN gave him a platform.  LMAO

A thousands MAGAts storm the Capitol, they find one supposed Antifa guy in there, and all the terrorist sympathizers say “I told you it was all Antifa!” What a brain dead movement the Trump train is. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Antifa was there ? Instigating ? Link ? I've heard differently.  

39 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

congress has deserved to be stormed by the people for decades.

Yep, sadly though when it finally happens what do they do?  They take selfies.  Fock us all.  This country sucks.