Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Back Help

Feels like a big knot around my right shoulder blade and or the middle of my upper spine. 

Any of you guys got any good home remedies? Heat supposed to work?

Its your neck. C5/6 ..  stretch by turning head right and hold, then left.. also by pushing your chin forward. Get the inflatable neck traction device. 

3 surgeries.. been there..thought it was shoulder/back.  Does it feel like someone is peeling your shoulder blade up and away from your body from the inside toward spine corner ? 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Try setting your head on fire and then eating your own sh!t

Doesn't work, been there. :(

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Its your neck. C5/6 ..  stretch by turning head right and hold, then left.. also by pushing your chin forward. Get the inflatable neck traction device. 

3 surgeries.. been there..thought it was shoulder/back.  Does it feel like someone is peeling your shoulder blade up and away from your body from the inside toward spine corner ? 

Listen to this man. If anyone knows about necks, it is him. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Listen to this man. If anyone knows about necks, it is him. :thumbsup:

Yep, used to have one :( i miss it. 

44 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Thanks. What kind of doc looks at this stuff?

37 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Any thoughts on chiropractors?

I’ve had a lot of knots due to my surgery, which due to its nature pulled my head, neck, and shoulders forward, causing my back to constantly work to counteract.  For me, the best thing is to roll them out, and I find that a large firm ball (heh heh) is better than a foam roller.  I use a medicine ball, but you could probably use a basketball as well.  A ball provides less surface area than a roller, hence more pressure.

For chiropractors, I’m reminded of the old saying:  to a hammer, all problems look like a nail.  To a chiropractor, all problems look like a spinal issue.  Pretty much everyone over 25 has some imperfection in their spine; they will diagnose one and put you on a series of treatments which insurance will pay for.  Will it work?  I’m sure it does in some cases.  But if it feels like a knot, I would first try to get rid of the knot.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Bend over as far as you can. Then shove your head up your own azz

Stretching, heat 20 min then ice 20 min. Do that 3 times a day at least. Range of motion exercises. Also, if you can get someone to massage it then get them to massage the knot out

Pin a lacrosse ball between the affected area of your back and a wall.  Roll the ball around applying pressure to the muscle to break up knots and adhesions.