Herbivore

Freedoms

One thing that keeps being repeated by the Right is that they are losing their freedoms.  Are freedoms are being taken away!  What freedoms have been taken away?  Any lefty example of this is welcomed as well.

Some seem to think that not being able to post whatever they want on Facebook and Twitter is an example of them losing their rights.

I can't recite popular rap and hip hop lyrics without being called racist.  They've taken away my freedom to sing along with sh1tty "music".  :mad:

12 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

One thing that keeps being repeated by the Right is that they are losing their freedoms.  Are freedoms are being taken away!  What freedoms have been taken away?  Any lefty example of this is welcomed as well.

Freedom of....

Speech ( have you not been paying attention to Libtards? )

Religion ( The left is pretty much Anti-Christian )

Self Protection ( guns )

Government Protection ( "defund the police" )

Freedom to assemble ( Lock downs )

the list goes on and on

Big Tech is rampant with speech censorship. It's like peeling back layers of an onion. First they got the racists, then the conspiracy nuts, a bunch of channels I didn't watch. but then they never know when to stop as they get more and more mainstream. It got so absurd they censored Stephen Molynieux (his name is impossible to guess the spelling) is not controversial in the slightest. Red Elephants got the axe, he didn't deserve it, I can guess why though. He routinely fought back against the race narrative without ever engaging in racism himself, but anything that isn't white man bad needs to go. Anything that doesn't praise transgenderism is worth a scrub. They just keep kicking people off.

When you identify as a transgender pony, everything and everyone is worth removing.

9 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Freedom of....

Self Protection ( guns )

the list goes on and on

Which of those freedoms have actually been taken away though?

Poster on here say whatever they want all the time.

No freedom of religion has been taken away that I know of.

No guns have been taken away and they won't be taken away.

Is defunding the police a violation of our freedoms?

I don't think anything has changed with our freedom to assemble.  Stop rioting.

9 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Freedom of....

Self Protection ( guns )

the list goes on and on

you have all these things...maybe lockdowns aside, but just about every country in the world did this.  You all thought Obama would "take our guns"..he didn't, and Joe won't either.

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Big Tech is rampant with speech censorship. It's like peeling back layers of an onion. First they got the racists, then the conspiracy nuts, a bunch of channels I didn't watch. but then they never know when to stop as they get more and more mainstream. It got so absurd they censored Stephen Molynieux (his name is impossible to guess the spelling) is not controversial in the slightest. Red Elephants got the axe, he didn't deserve it, I can guess why though. He routinely fought back against the race narrative without ever engaging in racism himself, but anything that isn't white man bad needs to go. Anything that doesn't praise transgenderism is worth a scrub. They just keep kicking people off.

When you identify as a transgender pony, everything and everyone is worth removing.

I dont know Molynew or Red Elephant.  Maybe cause I am 50, I don't much care about big tech.  They offer a service, use it if you want.  If you get booted, you are free to start your own website.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

you have all these things...maybe lockdowns aside, but just about every country in the world did this.  You all thought Obama would "take our guns"..he didn't, and Joe won't either.

I'm not talking about now.....ALL of these will come into play sooner or later.

I'm also sure that they'll find a way to keep all future elections "safe & secure" 😂

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I'm not talking about now.....ALL of these will come into play sooner or later.

I'm also sure that they'll find a way to keep all future elections "safe & secure" 😂

People have been saying this for years now but it's never happened.  If anything, the fear of losing our gun rights has made gun and ammo companies a ton of money.  That's good business for them.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

People have been saying this for years now but it's never happened.  If anything, the fear of losing our gun rights has made gun and ammo companies a ton of money.  That's good business for them.

you people really need to read up on Agenda 21 / 30 as well as watching the obvious signs throughout the years 

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Which of those freedoms have actually been taken away though?

They are being taken away via control of the corporate boardroom.  The radical left realized they can completely sidestep the Constitution.  Instead of passing laws to take away speech, guns, assembly, religion etc., all they need to do is run all the big companies, spot you doing something they don't like, then publicly shame you and then fire you and prevent you from ever working in your chosen field ever again.  Big deal if the Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Being fired from your job isn't protected.  Being falsely shamed as a racist or sexist or CIS for owning a gun isn't protected. 

In fact, this is the exact same method the communist Chinese used to take over China and then slaughter millions.  Shame people.  People fear being a social outcast more than death.  That's how you topple free societies and turn them into dictatorships.

The American people understand they have 2 options:  either rise up and fight back against this, or they might as well admit guilt to everything the left accuses them of whether they think it is true or not until the nation is taken away from them.  The nation is currently working through the series of emotional states that lead up to a huuuuuuge revolt.

Laws mean shiit in a lot of cases.  The Soviet Union and the Chinese Communists rose to people promising equal rights to homosexuals.  The Chinese still have them on the books.  Its just a broken promise because they don't enforce it.  Its a joke.  They point to their equality laws ONLY to falsely claim they are tolerant.  But in any practical sense of applying the law, homosexuals are 4th class citizens that get beaten and driven out.  The media just ignores it because the left has the power.

If we can protest, we should be able to go to church.  They are equal.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

They are being taken away via control of the corporate boardroom.  The radical left realized they can completely sidestep the Constitution.  Instead of passing laws to take away speech, guns, assembly, religion etc., all they need to do is run all the big companies, spot you doing something they don't like, then publicly shame you and then fire you and prevent you from ever working in your chosen field ever again.  Big deal if the Constitution says you have the right to bear arms. Being fired from your job isn't protected.  Being falsely shamed as a racist or sexist or CIS for owning a gun isn't protected. 

In fact, this is the exact same method the communist Chinese used to take over China and then slaughter millions.  Shame people.  People fear being a social outcast more than death.  That's how you topple free societies and turn them into dictatorships.

The American people understand they have 2 options:  either rise up and fight back against this, or they might as well admit guilt to everything the left accuses them of whether they think it is true or not until the nation is taken away from them.  The nation is currently working through the series of emotional states that lead up to a huuuuuuge revolt.

So... no freedoms have been lost.  Got it.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So... no freedoms have been lost.  Got it.

Yes they have been very much so.  Being threatened with your job and your career if you step out of line is WORSE than a law on the books.

Like I said, China has laws on the books protecting homosexual rights. But in real life, homosexuals lose their jobs, get beaten and driven out and killed.  Everyone looks the other way, including government, people and the press.  Because that law ONLY exists to give the outward appearance China is tolerant. 

34 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I dont know Molynew or Red Elephant.  Maybe cause I am 50, I don't much care about big tech.  They offer a service, use it if you want.  If you get booted, you are free to start your own website.

They provide a service and are not supposed to be publishers. They're operating under a law where they're supposed to act like the telephone company. If IsIamic jihadists plot a terrorist strike over the telephone, nobody would think to blame or go after the phone company. 

But who are publishers? Well how about the New York Post. They are responsible for everything in their newspaper. If they print something false, you can sue them. So, when one of eight oldest newspapers in the country with a circulation in the millions, founded by Alexander Hamilton, the guy on the $10 bill,  can print a story for distribution in the New York metro area, and get their asses sued if it proves false, would you agree that, that story ought to be circulated on these social media platforms, platforms that, as I just said, are not responsible for their content? Yeah, it should be. They're supposed to be the phone company. Instead, they colluded together and went and blocked a New York Post story they didn't like and took down their account. 

Yes they have been very much so.  Being threatened with your job and your career if you step out of line is WORSE than a law on the books.

The choices we make have always had consequences.  That's not losing our freedoms.  A business has a right to fire a crappy employee.

What we really need to some update to the concept of law that directly protects people from being threatened with becoming a social outcast.  That's the big problem.  If that isn't stopped, laws are useless in today's world.  It doesn't matter if the Constitution says you can own a gun if every business will fire you if you own one. Its a law without teeth.

The choices we make have always had consequences.  That's not losing our freedoms.  A business has a right to fire a crappy employee.

Just because you don't agree with someone's beliefs, it doesn't necessarily make them a crappy employee.

• Like 1

Just now, JustinCharge said:

What we really need to some update to the concept of law that directly protects people from being threatened with becoming a social outcast.  That's the big problem.  If that isn't stopped, laws are useless in today's world.

Wouldn't that threaten people's freedom of speech though.  I thought we were allowed to say what we want about people.  If it goes too far then we have laws for that.

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Hah.  I've had this song running through my head as well. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Its gone beyond that.  That is a loophole that has been exploited.  The left saw that loophole, so they gained a monopoly on all the major corporations and effectively legislate from the boardroom.  So, we need NEW protections to shut that down.  Employers should be employers, not ethics leaders conducting witch hunts.

Beats me. I have not seen any new legislation that would suggest there are issues with "freedoms" from a legal/governmental standpoint.

Cancel culture seems to have an awful lot of power, maybe that is what people mean?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Just because you don't agree with someone's beliefs, it doesn't necessarily make them a crappy employee.

Very true.  A business has the right to fire an employee though.  If they think an employee is ruining their image with the public and it's losing them business then they can fire that person.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some seem to think that not being able to post whatever they want on Facebook and Twitter is an example of them losing their rights.

I think they have a valid grievance on social media. Not that they have a right to say anything on a free platform, but Twitter, Facebook etc. enforce their terms of use in an inconsistent and often partisan way. 

I don’t think that violates any rights but I do think those platforms shouldn’t have liability protections if they’re going to serve an editorial function.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Beats me. I have not seen any new legislation that would suggest there are issues with "freedoms" from a legal/governmental standpoint.

Cancel culture seems to have an awful lot of power, maybe that is what people mean?

I think that's what they are getting at but cancel culture is not a law that takes our freedoms away.

Wouldn't that threaten people's freedom of speech though.  I thought we were allowed to say what we want about people.  If it goes too far then we have laws for that.

That concept has been corrupted by the radical left controlling all the corporate boardrooms. 

Just now, MDC said:

I think they have a valid grievance on social media. Not that they have a right to say anything on a free platform, but Twitter, Facebook etc. enforce their terms of use in an inconsistent and often partisan way. 

I don’t think that violates any rights but I do think those platforms shouldn’t have liability protections if they’re going to serve an editorial function.

I agree with that but it's their platform and they can do what they want with it.  That doesn't take away our freedoms.  That's why there are other social media outlets.  If people don't like the one then go use the other.

I think that's what they are getting at but cancel culture is not a law that takes our freedoms away.

Like I said, they no longer need to pass laws.  This is how the Chinese communists created a brutal dictatorship. 

That concept has been corrupted by the radical left controlling all the corporate boardrooms. 

Still no freedoms taken away though.

I agree with that but it's their platform and they can do what they want with it.  That doesn't take away our freedoms. 

It absolutely does.

Still no freedoms taken away though.

Yes they have been.  This isn't a child's game of "gotcha!"  This is real life freedoms being taken away via social pressure.

The left has said for hundreds of years that freedoms are taken away by religion.  They rail against religion because the Church applies social pressure to prevent people from doing x, y, or z.  They FULLY understand what I'm talking about if I say it is a religion doing it.  But if I say its the radical left controlling corporate boardrooms doing the same thing, then its a huge blind spot and they claim "no freedoms are being taken away".

If we were to reshoot the Blue Brothers in 2021, instead of going to see the nun, and having the nun apply tons of social pressure and guilt trips, it would be an SJW up there or a corporate vice president doing the exact same thing.

• Like 1

Talk to any bar or restaurant owner in Minnesota and you'll hear about their freedoms to make a living being crushed by one person and one person only.  

Liberals can't see the problems right in front of their faces.  Unfuckingbelieveable.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Talk to any bar or restaurant owner in Minnesota and you'll hear about their freedoms to make a living being crushed by one person and one person only.  

Liberals can't see the problems right in front of their faces.  Unfuckingbelieveable.  

That's the first legit argument I've seen so far.  I agree with that one.

There's an infestation of Marxist ideology on college campuses now. I mean, it was there when I went to school too but they were fringe wackos with a booth in the Student Center that most would ignore (not me, I would engage in conversation with them if I had time and felt like giving it a go) as well as a few professors who were easy As. The liberals always tolerated them... and I don't blame them for that. I'm not pro-censorship, as I said, I talked to them myself. But apparently they spread and spread since then and now they're taking over. The grievance studies fields are full of them, they just spread into different fields, choke out the liberals who just wilt as they have no immunity or spine to stand up, and now the freaks take over and they do not have the same dedication to free speech and tolerance as the liberals do. 

That's why so many dimbulb millennials go off to college and come back sounding like AOC.

Try being a cis-gendered white male trying to teach real history in a college campus and see how far that gets you. It's all "diversity and inclusion" and fake history now. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I get that.

Freedom  is a rare thing to have, even in this world.  People want to be individuals, not grouped, so I think the insistence of leftists to group people might be part of it.

I guess being told to wear a mask is more than some can endure.... whatever....

All I can say is there is a massive nationwide revolt being organized and its happening right now on Parler.  They are getting ready as we speak.  And there is absolutely no way to stop it now.