BeenHereBefore

I Want To Go Bowling!

If Gov. Wolf lets me of course, I bowled in a league back in the 90's and had a 130 average throwing a straight ball. I put up some 200 scores and think my best was 217. Had a friend that I played football with in JR and was in a cooking class with him in High School. Great guy and he was my QB in JR, he ended up bowling two 300 games. Was just a all around athlete and heard he is very good at golf too almost so he could have turn Pro!

Point any Bowlers here and any 300 game Bowlers ?

I o

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

If anyone here has done it, it’s digby.

I only threw a 12 pound straight ball but with authority! So digby did it all ?

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I o

I only threw a 12 pound straight ball but with authority! So digby did it all ?

Yep.

I used a 15# ball that I’d palm (just the tip of my ring and middle finger in holes) and put a ton of spin on it. I think my highest score was 27X. That was when I was in my early 20’s. I haven’t bowled in a long time. Sounds like something fun to do now that my kids are probably old enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yep.

I used a 15# ball that I’d palm (just the tip of my ring and middle finger in holes) and put a ton of spin on it. I think my highest score was 27X. That was when I was in my early 20’s. I haven’t bowled in a long time. Sounds like something fun to do now that my kids are probably old enough.

Yea I haven't bowled in 10 years and when I did was one of those late night Rock n Bowl things. Yea man would be cool thing to enjoy with your kids!

Haven't bowled since the 90s. One of the last year's, carried a 200 average. High is 290 and have a Varipapa 300. 

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Morning comes early and life goes fast. Lets Bowl before it is to late!

This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Any 300 bowlers here besides digby ?

I had 8 of them before I stopped bowling 5 years ago or so 

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Amazing and please tell more!!!!!!!!

No biggie really. Bowling is big here in western NY, my uncle has owned a bowling alley for 30 years. He has 60+ 300s and used to bowl on tour back in the 70s and 80s.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

No biggie really. Bowling is big here in western NY, my uncle has owned a bowling alley for 30 years. He has 60+ 300s and used to bowl on tour back in the 70s and 80s.

Cool man and I never came close to sniffing one. That is awesome! Ps. your uncle sounds like he was some bad ass bowler!

• Like 1

I’ve been bowling in a just for fun, beer drinking league for about 18 years. We bowl every other week. Had to shut down a few weeks do to COVID rules but we’re back at it. I have a 213 average right now but I usually finish the year at 200.  My high game is 280 and high series is 719.

I’m bowling in a 9 pin tournament this afternoon. I’m looking forward to it because it’s been a while since I’ve been in one. 

Maybe invite your buddy out for a few frames!  Whatever he's teed off about, it'll have to be a bit of a catharsis watching the Black ball knock over all the white pins.  🎳 

8 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I want to go Bowling

you're the 1st one to ever say that

29 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Maybe invite your buddy out for a few frames!  Whatever he's teed off about, it'll have to be a bit of a catharsis watching the Black ball knock over all the white pins.  🎳 

My Buddy isn't Athletic like me but good at the kayak and fishing though! Again true story and we use to bang kayaks together at the middle of the lake and smoke a bowl. Ps. I always had one of those Growlers that held 6 12oz beers with me and was pounding that down as well. Don't know what this has to do with bowling and my bad!

This joint near me used to have midnight bowling..fun as hell...full bar...drink specials..gambling..500 bucks if you pick up a 7 10 split.  Had a live announcer doin play by play..

Had to get there early to get a lane...fun as hell!!

7 hours ago, Mookz said:

10 frames? That's for Quakers!!!!

5 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This joint near me used to have midnight bowling..fun as hell...full bar...drink specials..gambling..500 bucks if you pick up a 7 10 split.  Had a live announcer doin play by play..

Had to get there early to get a lane...fun as hell!!

Sounds fun as hell but good luck winning that $500 and never seen that happen in RL. My dad came close to making it once. He had the right strategy and try to knock the left pin off the wall to bounce over and hit the right one.

The last time I bowled, they still allowed smoking in the bowling alley.

20 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Sounds fun as hell but good luck winning that $500 and never seen that happen in RL. My dad came close to making it once. He had the right strategy and try to knock the left pin off the wall to bounce over and hit the right one.

They had different prizes for different splits...high game etc

I've bowled in leagues the last 10 years.  I brought my average up from a 134 to a 201.  My highest game is a 279, my highest series is a 697.  The most consecutive strikes I threw in a game was 9, the most consecutive strikes I threw in a row was 15 (8 to finish one game and 7 to start the next).

I've bowled in the Nationals 4 times.  The first time I went, of the 9 games I bowled, 7 were in the 140's and the other 2 were a 111 and a 215.  The next 3 times each got better, but nothing to brag about.  The last time I went was in 2018, in the singles event I averaged 151, the doubles was a 158, and the team event was a 177.

Before I got to college, I bowled all the time...  At age 15, I shot a 278 and a 686 series and averaged a little over 200...    It was the second highest game and series ever for a non-adult at those lanes at that time and the highest average for a non-adult at the time...

I subbed for a team that my brother was on when I was in college and some before I found my first full-time job...

I bowl every once in a while now, but haven't in some time...

One thing for sure, like most amateurs if I had tried for the next level, I would have gotten destroyed and the lane conditions would have humbled me...