Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Updated: Deshaun Watson Drama

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Huh.  I thought you just spent a couple of weeks going on about how if the Cowboys pay Dak $40M, it would be bad for them.

Musta been someone else.

Yes, reading is a problem for you I see.  I said Dak is a solid QB that you can win with if you have the right players around him.  If you pay him $40M, it limits their ability to put enough players around him.  That's pretty much what I said about Carr.  He's the thing... Carr's making $25M, not $40M, hence, following exactly what I said.  Don't overpay you QB.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Carr's making $25M, not $40M, hence, following exactly what I said.  Don't overpay you QB.

It seems to me that if, in the market value of the NFL (not in your opinion of who's worth what), Dak is worth paying $40M and Carr is worth paying $25M, that would make a pretty good case for Dak being better than Carr.  But then I have these reading problems, you know...

25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It seems to me that if, in the market value of the NFL (not in your opinion of who's worth what), Dak is worth paying $40M and Carr is worth paying $25M, that would make a pretty good case for Dak being better than Carr.  But then I have these reading problems, you know...

Correct, the NFL (owners), do set the market... the market they have 100% control of.  If they chose to ignore the fact that overpaying QB's is bad, in time, the rules will fix it for them.  As I said in my other thread, more and more QB's are becoming NFL worthy.  Meaning, the supply will go up.  When the supply goes up the value goes down because the demand (32 teams/32 starting jobs), is static.  The smart owners will get a jump on it and start paying QB's based on their ability and not antiquated value, then they'll start winning sooner.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct, the NFL (owners), do set the market... the market they have 100% control of.  If they chose to ignore the fact that overpaying QB's is bad, in time, the rules will fix it for them.  As I said in my other thread, more and more QB's are becoming NFL worthy.  Meaning, the supply will go up.  When the supply goes up the value goes down because the demand (32 teams/32 starting jobs), is static.  The smart owners will get a jump on it and start paying QB's based on their ability and not antiquated value, then they'll start winning sooner.

Different types of coaching can also slowly reduce the QB value. Hell, stack your offense with bad-asses and run the wishbone again. Who knows?

On 2/12/2021 at 11:36 PM, Utilit99 said:

Different types of coaching can also slowly reduce the QB value. Hell, stack your offense with bad-asses and run the wishbone again. Who knows?

That's absolutely true.  I think there's a lot of QB's out there that are perfectly capable of winning a Super Bowl.  In fact, I think at least half if not even as many as two-thirds of the QB's in this league can help their team win the Super Bowl.  So, I don't think it's lack of talent which is basically reducing the Super Bowls to only like or 7 guys over the last 25 years.

I saw that Taylor sign, so what now? 

I mean why? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/16/sexual-assault-lawsuit-is-filed-against-deshaun-watson/

The Deshaun Watson saga has taken an unexpected turn.

A sexual assault lawsuit has been filed against the Texans quarterback. Attorney Tony Buzbee disclosed the litigation on Tuesday night. Buzbee tells FOX 26 that Watson was receiving a massage from a female and Watson “went too far.”

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm more inclined to believe him than her.

2 claims filed in court and sounds like two more on the way.

Watson has access to the some of the greatest trainers and therapist that are available, but he's looking for a massage on Instagram.  

3 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

2 claims filed in court and sounds like two more on the way.

Watson has access to the some of the greatest trainers and therapist that are available, but he's looking for a massage on Instagram.  

Right, I don't know if he technically did anything wrong or not, but it's not looking good in any case

It now sounds like its up to 6 cases against Watson.  Rumor on a Houston Texan message board of what he likes massaged is not something I would ask a team trainer or therapist for.

When it comes to athletes being accused of sexual indiscretions against women, there always seems to be a ton of smoke and virtually never fire.

10 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When it comes to athletes being accused of sexual indiscretions against women, there always seems to be a ton of smoke and virtually never fire.

Some fires get put out with money, not water.

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

Some fires get put out with money, not water.

Which is why these allegations usually pop up.  It's not about "justice", but about a money grab.

up tp 13 against Watson with 3 filed in court. One is alleged sexual assault.  Most all lawyers are scumbags in my book, but Buzzbee is not the type to take fake cases.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/19/bengals-trading-ryan-finley-to-texans-rather-than-releasing-him/

Word on Friday was that the Bengals would be releasing quarterback Ryan Finley, but they were reportedly able to find a trading partner before officially cutting him.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Texans will be acquiring Finley. There’s no word about compensation coming back to Cincinnati in the deal.

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Which is why these allegations usually pop up.  It's not about "justice", but about a money grab.

That just depends on the situation. If the worst I've heard of what he supposedly did is true, then nothing at all wrong with a civil suit

58 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Guess they're not interested in keeping Watson as a backup to Taylor.

If this doesn't fizzle out soon and only gets worse, they'll release him at some point

They did sign Finley. 

Oh boy. 

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sometimes this can be the case but sometimes it isn't. That's why they need to be investigated.  In this case reports are a lot of women have come forward. That's usually not a good sign.

2 minutes ago, Donkey said:

a lot of women have come forward. 

...and some backward...

: rimshot :

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

That just depends on the situation. If the worst I've heard of what he supposedly did is true, then nothing at all wrong with a civil suit

40 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Sometimes this can be the case but sometimes it isn't. That's why they need to be investigated.  In this case reports are a lot of women have come forward. That's usually not a good sign.

When it comes to people with money, I'm always skeptical about these types of allegations on the outset.  I NEVER believe any woman... ever.  But I will ALWAYS listen. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When it comes to people with money, I'm always skeptical about these types of allegations on the outset.  I NEVER believe any woman... ever.  But I will ALWAYS listen. 

Money isn't really the issue, people have all kinds of reasons to lie. It's something we will likely never for know for sure.

We'll learn more about what's happened and should be able to make a pretty good judgement. Most of the time when people try to lie to the world, it's obvious. Same with when people try to cover something up in front of the world.

In any case, it's not looking good.

20 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

sounds like 20+ allegations against Watson

Yep, up to 22.

There's a decent chance he's never playing another down in the NFL

Didn’t R Kraft have the same issue? 

26 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yep, up to 22.

There's a decent chance he's never playing another down in the NFL

He'll be fine.  They would have to have video of him raping a chick for this to stick to a superstar qb

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He had one incident I think it was, this is much bigger

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

He'll be fine.  They would have to have video of him raping a chick for this to stick to a superstar qb

I don't know, if it were the 90s, I would think you're probably right, but now, it's gonna be difficult to overcome

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Kraft went to a spa that was known for giving extras or a cat house. Watson is going after massage therapist in hope of getting extras.