Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Browns at Steelers: Wildcard Weekend Discussion

Inactives

Browns: CB Brian Allen, WR Ja'Marcus Bradley, R Marvin Hall, E Joe Jackson, S Jovante Moffatt, OT Alex Taylor, S Tedric Thompson

Steelers: S Antoine Brooks, DE Isaiah Buggs, QB Joshua Dobbs, LB Jayrone Elliott, OG Danny Isidora, RB Anthony McFarland

Should be another shellacking unless the Steelers somehow just show up with their C game.

Come on Browns. 

45 minutes ago, nobody said:

Should be another shellacking unless the Steelers somehow just show up with their C game.

I guess they brought their F game so far. :D

If I was Robert Spilane, I would go to the locker room and find some steroids after Kareem Hunt carried me 4 yards into the end zone 

I wonder if the Steelers are regretting letting the Browns in the playoffs last week.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wonder if the Steelers are regretting letting the Browns in the playoffs last week.

If you lose a home playoff game by 30+ to the freaking Browns you would probably regret being born.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nobody said:

It's a shellacking alright 🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I wish I was 25, a fan of the Browns, & in a bar in Cleveland!

ROTFLMAO !!!!!

amen to that brother would be a friggin night yo I’d be calling into work Monday Tuesday 

• Like 1

And they were undefeated late into this season. 

Worst coached team the nfl ever.  

I think Tomlin is very over rated.  

But I like it, go Browns.  

Nick Chubb is the best running back in the NFL.

Probably hindsight, but Collinsworth is right that Steelers should've gone for that 4th and 1 at midfield. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

And they were undefeated late into this season. 

Worst coached team the nfl ever.  

I think Tomlin is very over rated.  

But I like it, go Browns.  

Tomlin has been garbage since day 1. Their Super Bowl win under him was because of LeBeau, coaching-wise... He is a glorified cheerleader.

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Tomlin has been garbage since day 1. Their Super Bowl win under him was because of LeBeau, coaching-wise... He is a glorified cheerleader.

14 years, 0 losing seasons. C'MON MAN!

I've been trying to reconcile this performance with the week 17 performance.  Last week the Browns needed a win to get into the playoffs, and they played like trash.  Meanwhile, the Steelers didn't need the game and their defense actually showed up.

Now it's the playoffs.  Do or die.  The Browns come out with their hair on fire, and the Steelers look like they were more worried about catching Cobra Kai on Netflix. 

I came up with 3 theories:

1. Not having Stefanski actually helped them for a game.  Having to deal with Covid gave them a circle-the-wagons mentality and having Alex Van Pelt call plays probably threw off some of their tendencies.
  2. The Steelers players don't like Roethlisberger and didn't like that he got last week off, so they struggled playing hard for him.
  3. Neither of these teams are good at playing as favorites.  If people tell them they should win easily, the one thing you can count on is they'll play like shìt.

Maybe that opening play fumble spooked the Steelers, kind of like Denver in the Super Bowl

10 hours ago, t.j said:

14 years, 0 losing seasons. C'MON MAN!

Same excuse every season, what has Tomlin won during those 14 seasons, he’s now lost his last three playoff games.  

With that much talent, that Tomlin as had with the Steelers , he’s underachieving since he’s been their coach.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Same excuse every season, what has Tomlin won during those 14 seasons, he’s now lost his last three playoff games.  

With that much talent, that Tomlin as had with the Steelers , he’s underachieving since he’s been their coach.  

I agree.  Tomlin sucks.  Fire him today and may the Jets sign him.  Signed, Jets fan.

20 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I agree.  Tomlin sucks.  Fire him today and may the Jets sign him.  Signed, Jets fan.

Sounds like a Jets fan, underachieving is just a way of life for one Jets fans.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

He's won 12 playoff games, an average of 0.86 per year. League average is 0.34 per year.

And how many playoff games as Tomlin lost, and how does that avg out? 

See with that team Tomlin was given, and that talent on that team, he should have won more playoffs games. 

I think they have been an underachieving team, and I can’t think of another team with so much talent, that seems to play down when playing a team they should dominate. 

I think Tomlin is over rated.  

Update. 

From what I’ve seen, Tomlin as won 8 and lost 8 playoff games, when did he win those other playoff games you mention? Last time the Steelers won a playoff game was in 2016, four seasons since that time, Steelers have missed the playoff twice of those four seasons.   

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Update. 

From what I’ve seen, Tomlin as won 8 and lost 8 playoff games, when did he win those other playoff games you mention? 

My bad, I was counting some pre-Tomlin years. You're right, 8 playoff wins in 12 years, 0.67 playoff wins per year, still roughly double league average.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, RedzoneMonster said:

Sad, but true. 

I think your Jets made a good coaching hire today.  

On 1/14/2021 at 10:49 PM, weepaws said:

I think your Jets made a good coaching hire today.  

I think so too.  We'll see.  Can't be worse than Gase.  

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I think so too.  We'll see.  Can't be worse than Gase.  

Lol no it can’t.