Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Browns @ Chiefs Divisional Round Discussion

Kareem tweets out this is personal?  Yeah I bet your side piece did too as you were booting her down the hall :lol:

• Thanks 1

I mean one of these afc qbs is going to be the manning to Brady for mahomes, right?  Is it baker?

Go Browns...  Chiefs had their fun last year, get someone that is new this year...

• Like 1

Just now, posty said:

Go Browns...  Chiefs had their fun last year, get someone that is new this year...

Hate to break it to you, but the Chiefs are going to be "having their fun" for 3 of the next 5 Super Bowls.

A big upset would be great.  

• Like 2

This will be the first time the Chiefs have faced the Browns in the postseason, I believe.  Should be a great game.

The guy that drafted both of these QBs is unemployed and will be watching from home

53 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

This will be the first time the Chiefs have faced the Browns in the postseason, I believe.  Should be a great game.

Makes sense.  It's not like either have a long history of postseason trips.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Makes sense.  It's not like either have a long history of postseason trips.

we always got there in the 90's with Marty Ball, just weren't ever able to win.  I guess the Browns just weren't very good back then though.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

we always got there in the 90's with Marty Ball, just weren't ever able to win.  I guess the Browns just weren't very good back then though.

The Chiefs have 2 brief "runs" in their history... one of which is in progress.  The rest is sporadic.  Overall, I guess they're pretty decent on that front, making the playoffs about one-third (21 of 61 seasons), of the time.  Browns are fairly similar... but not quite as often, with 20 appearances in 72 season.

I don't see the Chiefs losing this one.

The Browns are a nice story this year, turning it around, but it's gonna end here.

They just can't keep up with the Chiefs

On 1/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, cmh6476 said:

The guy that drafted both of these QBs is unemployed and will be watching from home

I guess he isn't unemployed, and works in the Eagles front office.  Still he drafted a lot of the talent that has made these teams successful, just wasn't a very good manager and didn't handle dealings with the salary cap, it seems.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, cmh6476 said:

90's were not good to the browns

In the 80's they had some good teams, but Denver kept knocking them out.  

On 1/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the Chiefs crush them.

for me... contingent upon how well cle can run the ball.  If they can control the clock, they have a decent chance... Problem is even if they do, kcc can score quickly

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

for me... contingent upon how well cle can run the ball.  If they can control the clock, they have a decent chance... Problem is even if they do, kcc can score quickly

Yeah, that's how I see it.  Cleveland will try and run the ball to keep the number of drives KC has to a minimum.  The thing is, they'll need to score TD's.  If the Browns hold the ball for 23 minutes in the first half, on 4 possessions and come away with 10 points... they'll likely be down 21-10 at halftime.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If the Browns hold the ball for 23 minutes in the first half, on 4 possessions and come away with 10 points... they'll likely be down 21-10 at halftime.

If the Chiefs postseason M.O. holds, THEY will be down 21-10 at halftime...

(...and win 51-21.)

40 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If the Chiefs postseason M.O. holds, THEY will be down 21-10 at halftime...

(...and win 51-21.)

Good point.

Oh no they won’t,, Browns will not be defeated. N

Browns 24 KC 12.  

No tds for KC.  

Oh my soul what an upset.  

Forcast Sunday for Raytown: mostly cloudy, high of 40, 0% chance of precipitation, winds at 9 mph with 19mph gusts.

8 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I wonder if that's the first time a coach has ever outed a Gay player.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

On 1/11/2021 at 9:10 AM, posty said:

Go Browns

Let’s go Browns, this is going to be a big upset.  

24-12.  

Book it. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Let’s go Browns, this is going to be a big upset.  

24-12.  

Book it. 

So the Chiefs aren’t going to score a TD against a defense that just gave up 500 yards passing to Big Ben? That would be the most unlikely thing I might never see on the Football field. But you did say book it, so it is a sure thing 🙄

Inactives

Browns: WR Marvin Hall, CB Brian Allen, S Jovante Moffatt, OT Alex Taylor, WR Alexander Hollins, TE Kyle Markway, DE Joe Jackson

Chiefs: RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, CB Rashad Fenton, LB Willie Gay, OG Martinas Rankin, DT Khalen Saunders, DE Tim Ward, WR Sammy Watkins

I think the Browns will give it a good effort, but the Chiefs are just too much.

Chiefs win in the wind, 31-17

Anyone else getting a technical difficulties notice about this game? Did it start? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone else getting a technical difficulties notice about this game? Did it start? 

Looks good on my end... Youtube tv.  You can watch for free usually in the Yahoo sports app.

My initial observation is that the Chiefs came out with a much higher sense of urgency than the Steelers did.  And the Browns don't look quite as sharp as they did in that first half against Pitt.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Looks good on my end... Youtube tv.  You can watch for free usually in the Yahoo sports app.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

My initial observation is that the Chiefs came out with a much higher sense of urgency than the Steelers did.  And the Browns don't look quite as sharp as they did in that first half against Pitt.

You mean KC didn’t self-destruct by snapping the ball 10 yards over the QB’s head for a defensive TD? Shocker...

Mahomes looks like he's locked in.  Scored that TD and celebrated, but not like they just won the game.  

I'm curious to see if the Browns offense is going to come out clicking.  They're going to need to be crisp.  Hopefully for them, they try play-action on 1st down here.

Whew... That first run... The Browns got some serious push by their o-line.  They keep that up and we might have a real cracker on our hands.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Mahomes looks like he's locked in.  Scored that TD and celebrated, but not like they just won the game.  

I'm curious to see if the Browns offense is going to come out clicking.  They're going to need to be crisp.  Hopefully for them, they try play-action on 1st down here.

That opening drive was pretty impressive, until they missed the PAT.

Still, looked very difficult to stop

Wow!

Njoku made a kind of big play!

We'll trade touchdowns for field goals all say long