GobbleDog

#3 Ohio State -vs- #1 Alabama Championship

Ohio State vs Alabama -8.5

Crimson Tide is playing for their 13th national title (1930s start), and 6th under Nick Saban, matching Bear Bryant. It would be Saban's 7th, winning at LSU in 2003.

Buckeyes are playing for their 7th national title (1930's start) and first since 2014.

Monday 8 p.m. in Miami Gardens, FL

A true college game. Unlike this phony NFL bullchit Baltimore gives us

If Ohio State defeats Alabama Monday night, the 8-0 Buckeyes would have the fewest wins by a consensus national champion since… Ohio State, when the 1961 Buckeyes were ranked atop the final Football Writers Association of America poll after finishing 8-0-1.

“Consensus” is NCAA speak for finishing No. 1 in any of a handful of major polls. Interestingly, the other national champion in 1961 was… Alabama. The 11-0 Crimson Tide were ranked atop polls from the Associated Press, the National Football Foundation and United Press International.

Woody Hayes was head coach of the Buckeyes in 1961, and Paul “Bear” Bryant was at the helm of the Crimson Tide.

:huh:

Lots of draft talk about Dallas eyeing Patrick Surtain at 10.

I'll take the dog and the points. 

45 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

:huh:

Time to settle it after 59 years!

Not a fan of either team or school so just want to see a good, competitive game.  

With that said, this may be the best Alabama team top to bottom of all-time.  Yes, I realize the weight of that comment.  I do not see them losing.  

All day I've been hearing sports and gamblers spout off about what happens if Justin Fields does this, or Alabama's defense does that, and rushing match-ups...

All ya need to know - Bama don't punt.  They score at will, against everyone.  If Bama's defense shows just a bit of effort, it's gonna be a blowout. 

Alabama should cover a 50 point spread, but the money line at -275 is too damn easy. Just win baby! Been hammering it all week.  Roll Tide Roll!!!!

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Not a fan of either team or school so just want to see a good, competitive game.  

With that said, this may be the best Alabama team top to bottom of all-time.  Yes, I realize the weight of that comment.  I do not see them losing.  

Pretty much where I'm at.  I'll root for Ohio State since they're the underdog, but I really don't care who wins.

Is it me or these qbs are 1 read ponies.  These zone coverages are boring pitch and catch fests..

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Is it me or these qbs are 1 read ponies.  These zone coverages are boring pitch and catch fests..

That's all college is.

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

These zone coverages are boring pitch and catch fests..

Bigtime

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

As long as she doesn’t talk.

You get a free pass to hit that and you're passing if she talks..................yea right. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cruzer said:

You get a free pass to hit that and you're passing if she talks..................yea right. 

Yep

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, sure stud. 

She sounds like a dude. I’m not into dudes, so her talking would be a major turnoff.

My wife is also hotter than her.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

She sounds like a dude. I’m not into dudes, so her talking would be a major turnoff.

My wife is also hotter than her.

Oh I believe you, you're a GC member. Everyone here is married to a supermodel and swings a 9" cack. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

Oh I believe you, you're a GC member. Everyone here is married to a supermodel and swings a 9" cack. 

Also rich.

:thumbsup:

Randy Moss was the last truly uncoverable WR................. this Smith kid maybe the 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Ohio State needs to tighten up on defense

:lol:

Charlie don't surf & Bama don't punt