Jump to content
GutterBoy

Eagles fire Doug Pederson

Recommended Posts

So good it Hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the chip Doug and good luck elsewhere. :thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is great news.  Now the new HC may hang on to Wentz for 1 more year.

Cutting Wentz
Cut Year    Cut Date                  Dead Money    Cap Savings
2021        Prior To 3rd day of LY    $59,220,608    ($24,547,072)
2021        After 3rd day of LY       $74,220,608    ($39,547,072)
2022         Prior To 3rd day of LY    $39,547,072    ($8,272,536)
2022         After 3rd day of LY      $46,548,072    ($15,273,536)
2023        Prior To 3rd day of LY    $15,273,536    $16,001,000


Designating Wentz a June 1 Cut
Cut Year    Current Year Dead    Next Year Dead
2021          $34,673,536        $24,547,072
2022          $24,273,536        $15,273,536
2023           $9,273,536        $6,000,000

Trading Wentz
Trade Year    Trade Date            Dead Money    Cap Savings
2021    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $33,820,608    $852,928
2021    After 3rd day of LY        $43,820,608    ($9,147,072)
2022    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $24,547,072    $6,727,464
2022    After 3rd day of LY        $24,548,072    $6,726,464
2023    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $15,273,536    $16,001,000

Oof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Cutting Wentz
Cut Year    Cut Date    Dead Money    Cap Savings
2021    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $59,220,608    ($24,547,072)
2021    After 3rd day of LY    $74,220,608    ($39,547,072)
2022    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $39,547,072    ($8,272,536)
2022    After 3rd day of LY    $46,548,072    ($15,273,536)
2023    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $15,273,536    $16,001,000


Designating Wentz a June 1 Cut
Cut Year    Current Year Dead    Next Year Dead
2021    $34,673,536    $24,547,072
2022    $24,273,536    $15,273,536
2023    $9,273,536    $6,000,000

Trading Wentz
Trade Year    Trade Date    Dead Money    Cap Savings
2021    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $33,820,608    $852,928
2021    After 3rd day of LY    $43,820,608    ($9,147,072)
2022    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $24,547,072    $6,727,464
2022    After 3rd day of LY    $24,548,072    $6,726,464
2023    Prior To 3rd day of LY    $15,273,536    $16,001,000

Oof

Pederson and the GM caused it, now they have to deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this was a bad move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RLLD said:

I think this was a bad move

It's only bad because they didn't fire the GM yet.  The Eagles have to do a ton of house cleaning.  They allowed too much negativity towards their teammates to create discourse in the locker room.  Alshon Jeffrey spouting off about Wentz and Foles should've been handled immediately, but it wasn't.  They allowed it to divide the locker room and the coaching staff.  They have to get rid of a lot of players, coaches, and upper management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He lost the team when he quit on them. The players weren’t shy about saying so. He deserves it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He lost the team when he quit on them. The players weren’t shy about saying so. He deserves it.  

He had lost them before this.  One incident isn't going to create a firing. 

They should go after Jason Garrett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimmySmith said:

He had lost them before this.  One incident isn't going to create a firing. 

Looks like it was the straw then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GutterBoy said:

🙏

Every team needs a good water boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The eagles job is without a doubt the least attractive of all the openings. They are going to have to pay if they want a quality coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take back what they said.  This is not a champion's strut.  This is a move a pu**y makes.  You make decisions based on people that can win, not bowing to peer pressure and the mob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greatest coaches in NFC East History: 

Landry

Parcells

Gibbs

JJohnson

Coughlin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This move does not give me a peaceful, easy feeling to be sure.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RLLD said:

This move does not give me a peaceful, easy feeling to be sure.

I see what you did there. :banana:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Greatest coaches in NFC East History: 

Landry

Parcells

Gibbs

JJohnson

Coughlin 

Andy Reid

Bert Bell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Andy Reid

Bert Bell?

Andy Reid isn’t going in over anyone that won a Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Andy Reid isn’t going in over anyone that won a Super Bowl. 

Oh, silly me. I didn't see you were the end all be all of the list and only 5 people allowed on it.  🙄

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I think this was a bad move

It was a great move. Pederson was a moron. He will go to the Jets and they will draft Fields so they can repeat the mess he caused in Philly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh, silly me. I didn't see you were the end all be all of the list and only 5 people allowed on it.  🙄

My list. Make your own. I’ll do the AFC East for you: 

Bellicheck 

Shula. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TANKER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Adam Gase is the likely replacement :lol:

 

Forget it I was trolled :damnyou:

There’s a hobbit / troll joke in here somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The eagles job is without a doubt the least attractive of all the openings. They are going to have to pay if they want a quality coach. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess now orders on can take it easy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×