Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Terribly sad text I just received from Dr. Obeski

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Looks like @taco breath may like to report people.  Unless I misunderstand this post.  :dunno: 

I’m more annoyed that he said men as if he is one. 

Did someone report Worms?   I haven't noticed his uplifting posts lately.....

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Did someone report Worms?   I haven't noticed his uplifting posts lately.....

Hope he's OK.  It's dangerous to jerk off to CNN while having a belt around your neck.  RIP David Carradine.

Just now, DonS said:

Hope he's OK.  It's dangerous to jerk off to CNN while having a belt around your neck.  RIP David Carradine.

One of his girl friends said he never flew solo when doing this. She's calling Shananigans. 

19 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Trumpism killed that forum vibe. It started when the cult was first gaining steam and politics was all relegated to a few rogue threads. Then the trio of mean girls showed up out of thin air, Mr Hand, Senator Rock and I forget the third, with Drobeski as a sort of leader for them. They made every thread into a right wing podium. Soon everyone’s persona was defined by their politics and it was downhill from there. 

Nah, the political slap fights started way before Trump thought about running for POTUS.

There was BDS well before TDS. Not to mention 8 years of Obummer and all the bickering that took place about him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

@Mike FF Today

Mike Isles makes a good point, can you please unban both @shotsup and @drobeski

Can we get maybe a longer suspension for the long time posters, ie 3-6 months instead of a straight up banning. I am talking the people who have been here measured in decades and not years.

2 users banned. That's like 5% of traffic disappearing with the click of a button. 

Never been suspended but I’ve been warned. I was on hiatus for quite a while and I dropped in and was kind of in shock how the right wingers took complete control of this bored. Then I started a thread accusing half the posters of being Russian bots. I thought it was a pretty entertaining thread. Egging some of them on who thought I was serious with ‘c’mon Vlad’ or ‘are you serious Boris’. Then the thread got deleted cause some trumper could’nt take it any longer and reported it. I was shocked it got deleted. Nothing racy or vulgar in it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

Never been suspended but I’ve been warned. I was on hiatus for quite a while and I dropped in and was kind of in shock how the right wingers took complete control of this bored. Then I started a thread accusing half the posters of being Russian bots. I thought it was a pretty entertaining thread. Egging some of them on who thought I was serious with ‘c’mon Vlad’ or ‘are you serious Boris’. Then the thread got deleted cause some trumper could’nt take it any longer and reported it. I was shocked it got deleted. Nothing racy or vulgar in it. 

Thought you were a dead. Welcome back 

On 1/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, Mike Honcho said:

He’s got a Wikipedia page. Pretty long too. From his page:

Comments made by Stickland in 2001 and 2008 in online forums generated controversy amid his primary campaign against Scott Fisher. Stickland apologized for his remarks. In 2008 in a post on a "fantasy sports message board, Stickland responded to a user's request for sex advice by saying, 'Rape is non existent in marriage, take what you want my friend!'"

also from his page:

In 2015, the political newsletter Quorum Reportpublished online posts made by Stickland given to them by his Republican primary opponent, Scott Fisher. On an fantasy football forum, Stickland made comments regarding marital rape and marijuana use.[14] Stickland stated in a prepared statement that during college "I wasted much of life, said and did things I wish I hadn't." Strickland has supported cannabis decriminalization and partial legalization.[15]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Stickland

Seriously, I never knew the guy that had value. He was like mr. Hand. I don't mind it for on opposite sides of a subject, but at least bring the funny or the smart or the insightful. And he didn't none of that. You definitely get the impression that he's just lonely and looking for any attention even if it's negative attention.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Seriously, I never knew the guy that had value. He was like mr. Hand. I don't mind it for on opposite sides of a subject, but at least bring the funny or the smart or the insightful. And he didn't none of that. You definitely get the impression that he's just lonely and looking for any attention even if it's negative attention.

Is this a confession ? :dunno: 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I thought it was a eulogy.

Does anyone else think that drob's is just playing you all like a fiddle? He is doing the old "pretend I am dead to see what people say about me" thing so that he can come back and smite his enemies. 

He won this thread without a single post. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He won this thread without a single post. :lol: 

Any thread without drobeski is a thread that we've all won.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Any thread without drobeski is a thread that we've all won.

Fake news...

On 1/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, tanatastic said:

Trumpism killed that forum vibe. It started when the cult was first gaining steam and politics was all relegated to a few rogue threads. Then the trio of mean girls showed up out of thin air, Mr Hand, Senator Rock and I forget the third, with Drobeski as a sort of leader for them. They made every thread into a right wing podium. Soon everyone’s persona was defined by their politics and it was downhill from there. 

Huh? I post here maybe 2-3 times a week. 

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. He’s just sayin stuff. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. He’s just sayin stuff. 

Yep, not even accurate. 

This site has sucked forever.  You guys always go back in your mind to a phantom time when this place wasn't a sh1thole.  That doesn't exist.  It has always sucked.  

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

This site has sucked forever.  You guys always go back in your mind to a phantom time when this place wasn't a sh1thole.  That doesn't exist.  It has always sucked.  

No way! Rusty returning has shown us how great it once was! 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

I’m talking about 4 years ago.

Did we ever figure out what Drobeski was banned for? I want to know if it’s apology time.

Just now, tanatastic said:

I’m talking about 4 years ago.

I wasn’t on this board 4 years ago as of today. Keep reaching. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Did we ever figure out what Drobeski was banned for? I want to know if it’s apology time.

Are we even certain he was banned?  I call bulllshit.

He logged into his account after Ed started this thread.  How is that possible?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

lifetime achievement award

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

I wasn’t on this board 4 years ago as of today. Keep reaching. 

Then 3.7 years, whatever, semantics much? Sometime into Trumps presidency I’m saying, the exact timeline is not relevant. When your alias showed up you were a political cronie along with Senator rock when the board started shifting to full political brigade. Common knowledge, not a reach at all.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why? You report people . Why wouldn’t you be a suspect? 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

lifetime achievement award

I’ll wait for confirmation and then get my glorious apologies. :bandana: 

54 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You joined in 2009. You missed the glory days by a few years. There was a time that it was a fun place to come to. 

2 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

You joined in 2009. You missed the glory days by a few years. There was a time that it was a fun place to come to. 

Yeah this place use to leave me crying laughing at times.

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

People would look at me like I was crazy because of me laughing. 

I remember times when I had to leave my cube and go to a conference room because I couldn't hold it in.  One time in particular a Willie McGee post sent me over the edge.

I'm sure there were times people thought I was a complete psychopath.

59 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Are we even certain he was banned?  I call bulllshit.

He logged into his account after Ed started this thread.  How is that possible?

It just means he hit the site, doesn't mean he has access...  It will still record him of "last visited"...

I think the search function goes back to 2000.  I have looked.  Granted I haven't read every thread but I ain't seeing it.  I think ya'll were just in better moods back then before you got old.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I think the search function goes back to 2000.  I have looked.  Granted I haven't read every thread but I ain't seeing it.  I think ya'll were just in better moods back then before you got old.

No, it was definitely a pretty funny place when I joined in 2004.  Pretty sure we lost a bunch of data in the LatinPimp hack so not sure that your search is showing everything, not that you could be looking at every thread since 2000 anyways.  You just missed out.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Then 3.7 years, whatever, semantics much? Sometime into Trumps presidency I’m saying, the exact timeline is not relevant. When your alias showed up you were a political cronie along with Senator rock when the board started shifting to full political brigade. Common knowledge, not a reach at all.

Wrong again. I’m not an alias and not a cronie of anyone. Absolutely pathetic the lengths you are reaching.