Utilit99

AOC says she thought she might die during Capitol riot

Just remember what this ruckus is about. 0 court cases won, 0 credible evidence of any fraud, not even close to enough states to actually overturn the election. Obsessed with Georgia when that wouldn’t even get him within reach even with Zona and Nevada thrown in as freebies yet every supporter feverishly still says the election was stolen like the facts are just optional. Never forget that you were on that side in 2020. The side that lost fair and square and threw a history making tantrum that tried to kill the very democracy you pretend to care about.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Just remember what this ruckus is about. 0 court cases won, 0 credible evidence of any fraud, not even close to enough states to actually overturn the election. Obsessed with Georgia when that wouldn’t even get him within reach even with Zona and Nevada thrown in as freebies yet every supporter feverishly still says the election was stolen like the facts are just optional.

There is evidence of fraud. It should be investigated. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Just remember what this ruckus is about. 0 court cases won, 0 credible evidence of any fraud, not even close to enough states to actually overturn the election. Obsessed with Georgia when that wouldn’t even get him within reach even with Zona and Nevada thrown in as freebies yet every supporter feverishly still says the election was stolen like the facts are just optional. Never forget that you were on that side in 2020.

Ok, then by your logic you are on the "other side" and you supported the burning of private business and the defunding of police?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is evidence of fraud. It should be investigated. 

There isn’t and there were numerous recounts and investigations. Drobeskis tweets from bunker dwellers showing videos of suitcases being taken from under tables have lost been debunked or deemed nothing burgers. There is no evidence, there isn’t even pretend evidence in enough states to overturn the election if it was credible. People with sense need to snap out of this trance they are in.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Of course she did.  :cry: :lol:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-says-she-had-traumatic-encounter-during-capitol-riot-where-she-thought-she-might-die

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said Tuesday that she thought she might die during a "traumatizing" close encounter amid the chaos of last week’s deadly breach of the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. 

"I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die," she said during an Instagram Live. "And you have all of those thoughts where, at the end of your life…all of these thoughts come rushing to you. And that’s what happened to a lot of us on Wednesday and I did not think – I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive."

She said she didn't just mean it generally but in a "very, very specific sense."

The congresswoman gave no details, saying she wasn’t sure if she was allowed to completely discuss what happened for security reasons.

It wasn’t an exaggeration to say that "many, many members of the House were nearly assassinated," she told her followers.

"We were very lucky that things happened in certain minutes that allowed members to escape the House floor but many of us nearly and narrowly escaped death," she added. 

it would be as good a place to start as any

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Ok, then by your logic you are on the "other side" and you supported the burning of private business and the defunding of police?

Incorrect, you can be against both sides extremism, especially the violence and destruction. BLM and Trumpism were both disasters.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Just remember what this ruckus is about. 0 court cases won, 0 credible evidence of any fraud, not even close to enough states to actually overturn the election. Obsessed with Georgia when that wouldn’t even get him within reach even with Zona and Nevada thrown in as freebies yet every supporter feverishly still says the election was stolen like the facts are just optional. Never forget that you were on that side in 2020. The side that lost fair and square and threw a history making tantrum that tried to kill the very democracy you pretend to care about.

:lol:   You liberals are funny.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

There isn’t and there were numerous recounts and investigations. Drobeskis tweets from bunker dwellers showing videos of suitcases being taken from under tables have lost been debunked or deemed nothing burgers. There is no evidence, there isn’t even pretend evidence in enough states to overturn the election if it was credible. People with sense need to snap out of this trance they are in.

There is a lot more evidence of fraud in this election than there was in 2016 and we got a special prosecutor to look into that. Maybe if there were a dossier that Trump paid for showing fraud would that be enough in your eyes? 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is a lot more evidence of fraud in this election than there was in 2016 and we got a special prosecutor to look into that. Maybe if there were a dossier that Trump paid for showing fraud would that be enough in your eyes? 

There’s not. Both elections were exactly the same amount of fair. There were the most eyes and scrutiny on the results this election than any ever before. There was zero evidence deemed credible or relevant. I’ll even give you Georgia, Zona and Nevada for free, just to be generous and it’s still not 270. “You were winning at 11pm but then by morning were losing” is not evidence, it’s sour grapes.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

There’s not. Both elections were exactly the same amount of fair. There were the most eyes and scrutiny on the results this election than any ever before. There was zero evidence deemed credible or relevant. I’ll even give you Georgia, Zona and Nevada for free, just to be generous and it’s still not 270. “You were winning at 11pm but then by morning were losing” is not evidence, it’s sour grapes.

Deemed credible or relevant by who? And any and all fraud  would be relevant. You saying there wasn’t enough isn’t the point. Why are you so willing to believe things from people who lie to you all the time? 

31 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Incorrect, you can be against both sides extremism, especially the violence and destruction. BLM and Trumpism were both disasters.

Trump was a resounding success.  It was the dogma of the left to use instances of negative actions against him, as if it were HE that made them happen..... this is inane.

17 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

A few hundred Trumpers signed things saying they saw stuff. We can’t responsibly move on until every one of those claims is thoroughly investigated. And if that takes til 2024 so be it.

MAGA :( 

41 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I know that your shtick is to say things with such certainty that in your opinion they cannot be questioned, but this post is wrong and dangerous in multiple ways.  You cannot expect a full investigation to unearth all examples of fraud to occur in such a short period; that would take years.  What Trump failed to do was find a smoking gun to halt the election certification, which is fair to say.  Similarly, the “I’ll throw in a few states” is a similar red herring and I’ve heard similar from the left, things like “even with those votes it wasn’t enough.”  Again, it would be impossible to peel the onion in such a short period.

Was there cheating?  I have a tanatastic-esque level of confidence that there was.  Enough to matter in the end?  I dunno, maybe we’ll find out, probably not.  Should we halt the certification?  Nope, see above.  Were people right to go into the capital and “try to kill democracy” (exaggerate much?)?  No, they should be prosecuted.

The main danger in this post is the “never forget” statement.  That is an attempt to lump all Trump supporters in with the democracy-killing trained assassins above, which the left loves to do (if you voted for Trump, you support racism and sexism and...).  That is an attempt to dehumanize a class of people, which leads to dangerous behaviors, like doxxing Trump supporters, removing platform support from right-leaning websites, thinking it is OK to throw things at cops because they are pigs, etc.  Hitler did similar by dehumanizing the Jews.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I know that your shtick is to say things with such certainty that in your opinion they cannot be questioned, but this post is wrong and dangerous in multiple ways.  You cannot expect a full investigation to unearth all examples of fraud to occur in such a short period; that would take years.  What Trump failed to do was find a smoking gun to halt the election certification, which is fair to say.  Similarly, the “I’ll throw in a few states” is a similar red herring and I’ve heard similar from the left, things like “even with those votes it wasn’t enough.”  Again, it would be impossible to peel the onion in such a short period.

Was there cheating?  I have a tanatastic-esque level of confidence that there was.  Enough to matter in the end?  I dunno, maybe we’ll find out, probably not.  Should we halt the certification?  Nope, see above.  Were people right to go into the capital and “try to kill democracy” (exaggerate much?)?  No, they should be prosecuted.

The main danger in this post is the “never forget” statement.  That is an attempt to lump all Trump supporters in with the democracy-killing trained assassins above, which the left loves to do (if you voted for Trump, you support racism and sexism and...).  That is an attempt to dehumanize a class of people, which leads to dangerous behaviors, like doxxing Trump supporters, removing platform support from right-leaning websites, thinking it is OK to throw things at cops because they are pigs, etc.  Hitler did similar by dehumanizing the Jews.

Nailed it!  :thumbsup: