Patriotsfatboy1

Trump's 2nd Impeachment

What does everyone think of this?

I think the Dems and some Reps are having knee-jerk reactions. Yes, it is probably a good idea to not have Trump making decisions that matter right now, but trying to rush an impeachment through without the usual investigation and debate seems very dangerous. There is a process that should be followed and that is not what the Dems are pushing through right now in the House. Even if they do their investigations, I don't know that his actions rise to the level of removal from office. Dumb, incendiary, filled with lies - yes, but not to the level of removal from office IMO.

Stay in the public eye. Rerun as an independent in 2024. And tell the elephants and donkeys to both screw themselves.

It's idiotic.  But for 4 years they've been trying to remove him from office.  For all their talk of honoring the choice the electorate made, they haven't done that.  I think part of the reason for this is that if they were to successfully impeach him he wouldn't be able to run for President again in 4 years.  But if I were them I'd be VERY careful what they wish for.  Much like what they did in the Senate with judicial appointments, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

I think it's a waste of time and money as well. 

He's got 7 days left. SEVEN. Let it go. 

Also, kind of like how everyone was excited when Obama started using Executive Orders to pass shite. That back fires when the opposite party gets in there and does the same, right? They seem to think they have their own rules. 

• Like 1

Shouldn't they be spending their time and energy on more important things like rewriting the dictionary and removing statues? 

8 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Stay in the public eye. Rerun as an independent in 2024. And tell the elephants and donkeys to both screw themselves.

This would split the Republican Party and ensure a Democratic victory. 

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

There is no Republican party

and the dems already know how to ensure a victory. Just have China release another virus so they can have mail in fraud

• Confused 1

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Could it possibly get the elusive % of votes that a 3rd party needs to become relevant in future elections?  What are the rules on that anyways? 

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

On one hand I think you're right. On the other hand, after The GOP not standing by him. Then add in Georgia last week. I think we're pretty fractured right now.

I haven’t paid any attention. How are the haters going to be able to pull this off in a week?

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's idiotic.  But for 4 years they've been trying to remove him from office.  For all their talk of honoring the choice the electorate made, they haven't done that.  I think part of the reason for this is that if they were to successfully impeach him he wouldn't be able to run for President again in 4 years.  But if I were them I'd be VERY careful what they wish for.  Much like what they did in the Senate with judicial appointments, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

I agree with this. The only thing that the Dems might be thinking is that the Reps did the last minute SCOTUS appointment and that still stings.

One thing that I find interesting is that Trump is considering Guiliani and Dershowitz to defend him in an impeachment trial. Might be some good theatre, but not sure that is wise for him. There have to be better options out there.

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Could it possibly get the elusive % of votes that a 3rd party needs to become relevant in future elections?  What are the rules on that anyways? 

They're in the Board Guidelines & Rules thread pinned at the top of this forearm. Just keep it clean.

3 minutes ago, Kopy said:

On one hand I think you're right. On the other hand, after The GOP not standing by him. Then add in Georgia last week. I think we're pretty fractured right now.

Which is why I hope whatever Congress does to Trump prevents him from seeking the office. He's terrible for the party.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I haven’t paid any attention. How are the haters going to be able to pull this off in a week?

Does the president have to be in office to be impeached?

The whole point would be to make sure he can't run again in 2024. Which would make all the Dems happy and enough romney republicans too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

The whole point would be to make sure he can't run again in 2024. Which would make all the Dems happy and enough romney republicans too.

I don't think he needs to be in office and you're right, it's all about keeping him out for good.

Whatever it takes should be done.  Spare no expense.  Because if you don't spend the time and money necessary to impeach him, imagine what will happen if he remains in office. 

3 minutes ago, Scary Gary said:

Whatever it takes should be done.  Spare no expense.  Because if you don't spend the time and money necessary to impeach him, imagine what will happen if he remains in office. 

Just imagine the horror. He might even take time to have dinner!!!  :shocking:

27 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Waste of time and money

This.  He's gone in seven days anyway and what are the odds the Senate will vote before then?  

I thought Nancy Mace (R-South Carolina) hit it pretty well. ETA - the video of her speech shows that she has a nice rack (34D?). 

SC's Nancy Mace says Trump should be held accountable but questions impeachment in first speech | Palmetto Politics | postandcourier.com

In her first such address since being sworn in last week, Mace said she wished impeachment wouldn’t be the first item she would have to address as a congresswoman.

“The U.S. House of Representatives has every right to impeach the president of the United States,” Mace said.

“But what we’re doing today, rushing this impeachment in an hour or two-hour-long debate on the floor of this chamber and bypassing Judiciary, poses great questions about the constitutionality of this process,” she said.

“Republicans and Democrats need to acknowledge this is not the first day of violence we’ve seen,” Mace said. “We’ve seen violence across our country for the last nine months. And we need to recognize, number one, that our words have consequences that there is violence on both sides of the aisle. We’ve contributed to it.”

“I also believe that need to hold accountable every single person, even members of Congress, if they contributed to the violence that transpired here,” Mace said. 

I agree with everyone that it's a waste of time...all presidents going forward should be able to claim democracies broken, that people basic rights have been taken away, INVITE those people to the capital and tell them they need to "fight like Hell" otherwise we won't have a country anymore.  

I truly believe that there should be no repercussions for that.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

:lol: 

That :pointstosky: guy said Romney and Republican in the same sentence. 

:overhead:

9 minutes ago, Scary Gary said:

Until when. Next week?

Don’t care. But this is what we get now, meaningless gestures and Pelosi and Schumer can act like they did something and get some applause from their fans for a little while. 

3 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Until when. Next week?

That was my point. 

But like others have said, it's about big tech, and the liberals keeping him out for good.  The sure as hell don't want a pro-American in office. 

Trump will go down as one of the greatest presidents for America of all time.

Will the polls show it? Nope. Will the internet show it? Nope.  The pedo loving big techs and liberals cleanse the internet of anyone's opinions that don't agree with the pro-pedo, pro-China platform.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Trump should be impeached right after Pelosi, Harris, then Biden.

I like that order better.

All 3 stooges qualify though.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I thought Nancy Mace (R-South Carolina) hit it pretty well.

SC's Nancy Mace says Trump should be held accountable but questions impeachment in first speech | Palmetto Politics | postandcourier.com

In her first such address since being sworn in last week, Mace said she wished impeachment wouldn’t be the first item she would have to address as a congresswoman.

“The U.S. House of Representatives has every right to impeach the president of the United States,” Mace said.

“But what we’re doing today, rushing this impeachment in an hour or two-hour-long debate on the floor of this chamber and bypassing Judiciary, poses great questions about the constitutionality of this process,” she said.

“Republicans and Democrats need to acknowledge this is not the first day of violence we’ve seen,” Mace said. “We’ve seen violence across our country for the last nine months. And we need to recognize, number one, that our words have consequences that there is violence on both sides of the aisle. We’ve contributed to it.”

“I also believe that need to hold accountable every single person, even members of Congress, if they contributed to the violence that transpired here,” Mace said. 

I'm perfectly willing to accept and will support the impeachment of Trump, for inciting violence if first, they remove every Democrat in the House and Senate for doing the same thing in the summer.

• Like 1

Why wasn't Pelosi removed form the House when she tore up the SOTU address?    Ethics violation right there.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scary Gary said:

That was my point. 

But like others have said, it's about big tech, and the pedo liberals keeping him out for good. 

Gotcha. Didn't see the post as sarcastic at first.

Just now, Kopy said:

Gotcha. Didn't see the post as sarcastic at first.

Tubby told me to type it.  I've got him texting me while he is serving his sentence.

• Thanks 1

Nancy said the election in 2016 was hijacked.  Violence ensued. 

1 minute ago, Scary Gary said:

Tubby told me to type it.  I've got him texting me while he is serving his sentence.

Ban buddy 👬

:clap:

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

This.   Who cares about not letting him run again, he won't win if he's even still alive in 4 years.

The irony is that he didn’t deserve to get impeached last time but does this time.

Democrats should want Trump to stick around for a while. The man is GOP kryptonite. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

The irony is that he didn’t deserve to get impeached last time but does this time.

Democrats should want Trump to stick around for a while. The man is GOP kryptonite. 

Not as much as people think.  I don't like him and would much rather have a better option, but I certainly will vote for him again if a better one doesn't exist.  The majority of the Republican party, I believe feels the same way.  Willing to bet that all these conservatives that are coming out condemning Trump, will vote for him again if he's on the ballot.  Wouldn't be shocked if he ran 3rd party and won in 2024 after Biden and Harris screw crap up.

If Drobs were here he would say the only reason they want to impeach is they are scared he will get the election reversed and be inaugurated in 7 days. 😂 

MDC hit the nail, he didn’t deserve the first one but does deserve this one. Also I anticipate he tanks the repubs in 2024 by badmouthing whoever they trot out because it isnt him, thus 0 of his supporters will vote for them. Then they will cry when their guy loses in the biggest landslide in political voting or any voting for any reason history. 🤣

Curing reverse TDS is the only hope the right has of salvaging their name in the next decade.