Patriotsfatboy1

Trump's 2nd Impeachment

The NO IDEA party strikes again.  Appealing to the sad losers who have nothing to do but switch back and forth between The View and CNN.  We have a few here. 

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

If Drobs were here he would say the only reason they want to impeach is they are scared he will get the election reversed and be inaugurated in 7 days. 😂 

MDC hit the nail, he didn’t deserve the first one but does deserve this one. Also I anticipate he tanks the repubs in 2024 by badmouthing whoever they trot out because it isnt him, thus 0 of his supporters will vote for them. Then they will cry when their guy loses in the biggest landslide in political voting or any voting for any reason history. 🤣

Curing reverse TDS is the only hope the right has of salvaging their name in the next decade. 

If the Dems are worried about him in 2024 that is an inane reason, he would have to run as libertarian, and would steal away many republican voters, assuring them of a win....

No, this is vengeance plain and a warning to any other person who might attempt to come in as an outsider an unwind the corrupt system they have built.

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

The irony is that he didn’t deserve to get impeached last time but does this time.

Democrats should want Trump to stick around for a while. The man is GOP kryptonite. 

This.  McConnell knows this. Which is why he's leaning towards voting to remove.  If he goes that way, many others will follow.

As a Republican, I'm not sure why you'd want Trump lingering in the background holding the "I'm running in 2024" thing over everyone's head.  It's going to keep the party from moving on and righting the ship.

In 2018, the GOP held Congress, the White House, and the senate. Because of Trump, they lost all three.  Only president to ever lose popular vote twice. First president since WWII to leave office with less American jobs than when he entered.  He has been a disaster for the party.  Sure he has a rabid base and lots of yard signs and flags, but he's taken every bit of control away from the Republican Party.

His impeachment, and subsequent inability to ever run for office again, gets the GOP out from under his control.  They can start to develop a nominee for 2024. And try to get congress and/or senate to swing back to the right.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

If Drobs were here he would say the only reason they want to impeach is they are scared he will get the election reversed and be inaugurated in 7 days. 😂 

MDC hit the nail, he didn’t deserve the first one but does deserve this one. Also I anticipate he tanks the repubs in 2024 by badmouthing whoever they trot out because it isnt him, thus 0 of his supporters will vote for them. Then they will cry when their guy loses in the biggest landslide in political voting or any voting for any reason history. 🤣

Curing reverse TDS is the only hope the right has of salvaging their name in the next decade. 

Yet no one will hold the left accountable for putting us through the first one. 

It’s funny if anyone didn’t settle any “will trump get impeached?” bets because he didn’t get removed from office. I’d still collect on that, it’s not my job to teach you what impeached means. None of this “it was implied that impeached here meant removed from office.”. No, it’s not. 

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s funny if anyone didn’t settle any “will trump get impeached?” bets because he didn’t get removed from office. I’d still collect on that, it’s not my job to teach you what impeached means. None of this “it was implied that impeached here meant removed from office.”. No, it’s not. 

It doesn't but it can. 

33 minutes ago, RLLD said:

No, this is vengeance plain and a warning to any other person who might attempt to come in as an outsider an unwind the corrupt system they have built.

This

• Like 1

What does Bill Maher think?

They are turning trump into a martyr.  This is like tossing MLK in jail.  Or russia expelling lenin. Or germany tossing Hitler in jail.  Impeaching trump fuels trumps followers and makes trump and his movement an eternal monument on the us political landscape.  

• Like 1

How do you impeach trump on these charges yet not expel maxine waters?  Its a sham and all the republicans know it.  This will cause a riot. 

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

How do you impeach trump on these charges yet not expel maxine waters?  Its a sham and all the republicans know it.  This will cause a riot. 

Whoever this Maxine person is, she’s a small fish no one cares about. Trump is the biggest talking point in the world meanwhile. 

The timeline shows the storming of the capital began 20 minutes before Trumps speech ended. Food for thought. 

• Confused 1

It's all so fockin' ridiculous!!!

The Left & the Rino's are beyond evil & un American!

My Uber-liberal friend said that there were reports that the panic buttons through out the White House were removed. Not sure when or how, but she seemed to know. 🤷‍♀️

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

My Uber-liberal friend said that there were reports that the panic buttons through out the White House were removed. Not sure when or how, but she seemed to know. 🤷‍♀️

It was reported by a Congressional staffer earlier today.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It was reported by a Congressional staffer earlier today.

So how does this happen? 
Someone must have seen something. 🤷‍♀️

They said they will pursue it even when he's out of office. Like some said, it's about making it where he can't run again. Once again they are trying to take away our right to choose. I'm pretty much done with both parties. If Trump is out, so am I. Bye bye Republicans. Good luck finding a candidate that anyone wants. The last Republican that I voted for besides Trump was Reagan. 

So I take it if he is impeached he can't run for president again. But can he run for Vice President? 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

So how does this happen? 
Someone must have seen something. 🤷‍♀️

That is why you need some investigation and some evidence beyond what that staffer said.

3 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

They said they will pursue it even when he's out of office. Like some said, it's about making it where he can't run again. Once again they are trying to take away our right to choose. I'm pretty much done with both parties. If Trump is out, so am I. Bye bye Republicans. Good luck finding a candidate that anyone wants. The last Republican that I voted for besides Trump was Reagan. 

So I take it if he is impeached he can't run for president again. But can he run for Vice President? 

No. He can’t do any of that. The 14th Amendment Section 3 was put in place after the Civil War because southern states were sending back electors who had previously been part of starting the secession from the Union.

No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

37 minutes ago, Willis McGahee's Dentist said:

This.  McConnell knows this. Which is why he's leaning towards voting to remove.  If he goes that way, many others will follow.

As a Republican, I'm not sure why you'd want Trump lingering in the background holding the "I'm running in 2024" thing over everyone's head.  It's going to keep the party from moving on and righting the ship.

In 2018, the GOP held Congress, the White House, and the senate. Because of Trump, they lost all three.  Only president to ever lose popular vote twice. First president since WWII to leave office with less American jobs than when he entered.  He has been a disaster for the party.  Sure he has a rabid base and lots of yard signs and flags, but he's taken every bit of control away from the Republican Party.

His impeachment, and subsequent inability to ever run for office again, gets the GOP out from under his control.  They can start to develop a nominee for 2024. And try to get congress and/or senate to swing back to the right.

C'mon I'm not the biggest Trump fan but this isn't really fair.   The job losses are due to covid (I believe majority would have happened regardless of what he or other politicians did), and if covid doesn't happen very good chance he would've won (but no, the Democrats didn't create covid to get Trump out of office).

The Republicans also could have "developed a nominee" for 2016 but didn't really.   We'll see if they can this time...

• Thanks 1

Amazing what they can accomplish in such a short time when they want to. We don’t go to wars this fast. 

Apparently this was the most bipartisan Presidential impeachment in US history with 10 votes from Republicans.

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Amazing what they can accomplish in such a short time when they want to. We don’t go to wars this fast. 

The democrats are going nuts and I wonder how they would react if a republican house impeached a democrat president within 1 day looking at things.

The dems are setting themselves up for political process to be thrown to the dogs for good.

This isn't impeachment.  It's a vote in Congress to send a document to the Senate to vote whether to impeach or not. 

This isn't what we were taught impeachment is.

Just now, Gepetto said:

This isn't impeachment.  It's a vote in Congress to send a document to the Senate to vote whether to impeach or not. 

This isn't what we were taught impeachment is.

No, this is impeachment.  Just like it was when Clinton was impeached.  The house impeaches and the Senate conducts a trial.  It's like an indictment, and the trial would be the conviction.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, this is impeachment.  Just like it was when Clinton was impeached.  The house impeaches and the Senate conducts a trial.  It's like an indictment, and the trial would be the conviction.

Thanks, I didn't really believe what I wrote.  That was an ex-girlfriend's rant and I wanted to see responses to it.

• Confused 1

Good to see Nadler taking a harder line on violence in the Capitol after he supported the pardon of the people who literally set off a bomb in it.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

C'mon I'm not the biggest Trump fan but this isn't really fair.   The job losses are due to covid (I believe majority would have happened regardless of what he or other politicians did), and if covid doesn't happen very good chance he would've won (but no, the Democrats didn't create covid to get Trump out of office).

The Republicans also could have "developed a nominee" for 2016 but didn't really.   We'll see if they can this time...

To follow up you go ask any voter who voted R if they are going to without Trump there and the vast majority won’t. He is the R party and anyone who is going against him will get primaried you can guarantee that. 

I will never vote Republican again and I will certainly never vote Democrat again. So it’s libertarian or patriot party or whatever comes next.  I will only vote for politicians who put America first. That’s what matters to me for the rest of my life. Oh yah and those who actually defend the constitution while we still have it

33 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Good to see Nadler taking a harder line on violence in the Capitol after he supported the pardon of the people who literally set off a bomb in it.

Also good to see his lap band surgery is working out well. 

The point of impeachment is to remove a sitting president from office. That's already happening. This is just grand standing. :thumbsdown:

I do believe they want to make sure he can't run again but who says that's going to happen anyway? Even if he does, he would need to secure the nomination and win an election. If he's able to pull that off then it's the will of the people and it should be allowed to happen. 

50 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

To follow up you go ask any voter who voted R if they are going to without Trump there and the vast majority won’t.

Doubt it.  I’m sure there will be a few people that won’t but if anything a lot of people that typically vote R didn’t because of him. I think most people will have forgotten about Trump in 3 years especially if he’s still suspended from Twitter.

That’s fine to vote third party I guess, but it’s dumb if you actually want who you voted for to win.   Third party has no chance.   

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Doubt it.  I’m sure there will be a few people that won’t but if anything a lot of people that typically vote R didn’t because of him. I think most people will have forgotten about Trump in 3 years especially if he’s still suspended from Twitter.

That’s fine to vote third party I guess, but it’s dumb if you actually want who you voted for to win.   Third party has no chance.   

my point is if the day he leaves office he says hes joining the Libertarian or the Patriot party, he takes 50 million voters with him

Trump needs to stay Republican and continue to change the party for the better and weed out the imposters like Romney, Sasse, etc.

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

my point is if the day he leaves office he says hes joining the Libertarian or the Patriot party, he takes 50 million voters with him

...and guarantees a Biden...err, Harris, reelection  

Just now, TimHauck said:

...and guarantees a Biden...err, Harris, reelection  

they will win anyways, they have control of the counters and will push for even more mail in voting.  No R is ever going to win

the whole system needs to be destroyed