Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Buccaneers @ Saints Divisional Round Discussion

Tampa will win if they don't play a zone defense and the OLine plays well.  I don't have a lot of confidence in Bowles or the OLine, so the Saints are likely to win.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tampa will win if they don't play a zone defense and the OLine plays well.  I don't have a lot of confidence in Bowles or the OLine, so the Saints are likely to win.

I just picked the Saints because it was easier to spell out the second time

• Haha 1

Let’s go Bucs. N

I like the Bucs in this one.

Brady is better than Brees and they have better weapons on offense.

Fournette will run hard as will Ronald Jones if he's available.

Unless Alvin Kamara has a field day I don't see the Saints winning.

It will be close but I say the Bucs win 34-30

If Tampa plays zone defense all game long, Saints win 37-17.  If Tampa plays man defense and takes away the dink and dunk over the middle and in the flat, they'll stop the run game and force Brees to go downfield a lot.  That won't bode well for the Saints.  Tampa wins in that game, 23-14.

Ronald Jones would be nice to have back, but he's not a game changer.  It's all about how well Tampa's OLine can protect Brady and how much zone defense (if any), the Bucs play.

Let’s go Bucs. 

Bucs 34- Saints 17. 

I like all the people citing the Taysom Hill and Latavious Murray absences as a reason the saints will lose.  

Oh noes, we have to keep our pro bowlers in the game instead of using their backups! 

Whoever wins the coin flip wins this game

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Whoever wins the coin flip wins this game

That was the saints.  They defered.  

I think TB has this too.  Saints long history of post season collapses, lutz has been suspect, and the bucs have been gelling.

Kinda lookin' like even with the extra playoff teams, the top four seeds are going to hold serve into the Final Four.

If Brees had any kind of arm that jared cook pass that got broken up at about the 8 is a touchdown.

The bucs offense is too good to not figure out where the soft spots in the saints defense are.  It'll just take a few drives.

Wow.  Nice play by lattimore.  That's where Randy Moss would just jump up and take it away instead of Evans waiting for the ball to hit him.

What was Brees thinking?

As a saints fan, I'm ready to move on from Brees.  Thanks for the memories, Drew.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

As a saints fan, I'm ready to move on from Brees.  Thanks for the memories, Drew.

He's still good but he's not the same QB he was a few years ago

Wow.  Refs didn't screw over the saints.  

Had to get Jameis in there to throw a pass over 20 yards 

The question will be if TB decides to risk it for the biscuit and go for it on 4th and 1.  They might do the draw offsides things of course.

Buc was in the neutral zone on that 4th and 1 class start, but I don't like this whole thing where the offense tries to draw the defense off every time, so it's not to concerning.

6 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Sure looks like a game between to 42+ year old QBs.

Preach!

Tom Brady's body language sucks.  Anytime someone does anything, he looks like someone just shot his dog.  How about this Tom?  You what Godwin to catch that ball, maybe throw it a yard shorter?

IDEA:  On one of those line-crowding, critical 3rd/4th and short, who wants it more situations, have the defensive line take their stance about a half yard further back than usual.  Then they all jump on first sound--but only a half yard, so they don't enter the neutral zone.

Chances are the offense will back themselves up 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

IDEA:  On one of those line-crowding, critical 3rd/4th and short, who wants it more situations, have the defensive line take their stance about a half yard further back than usual.  Then they all jump on first sound--but only a half yard, so they don't enter the neutral zone.

Chances are the offense will back themselves up 5 yards.

That's basically what TB has done twice.  Although the last one the guy definitely was in the neutral zone.  The refs just didn't reward the saints.  

Problem is if you start deep on a 3rd and short, the offense can just snap it and get the yard to gain.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

Problem is if you start deep on a 3rd and short, the offense can just snap it and get the yard to gain.

You'd have to know your opponent.  There would be teams and situations in which the offense would snap on first sound, but usually (and especially when facing a master like Rodgers), the offense is gonna TRY to get you to jump first, with a few hard cadences--maybe they're not even planning to snap it at all.

But they see the entire D line apparently jump into the neutral zone, they're probly gonna jump too.  In some situations, the offense would even be trained to jump, to try to force a call by catching the defense in the neutral zone.

So yeah, it's not without some risk, but if you used it intelligently, it should work more often than not.

Dynasty Alert: Will Trequan Smith finally turn into something.  TD on the gadget play doesn't mean much, but I think he's going into his 4th and contract year next year.  Disclaimer: I've been holding him since his rookie season.

Big turnover for the Bucs!

Jared Cook insisted on making this interesting.  Saints had control of this game.

Difference in this game is the saints making mistakes and Bucs capitalizing.  Meanwhile, saints are dropping picks every drive.

Bucs, tie it up if they hit the PAT

I don't get these commercials about deducting these little measly expenses from your taxes.  Like deducting $120 in props to wave at kids while you're taking portraits is going to make a difference in your taxes.  That's like $20 in tax savings.  Not even worth saving the receipts and walking them through it.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This game is so 2020.

Neither of these teams are beating GB, Bills, or Chiefs.