edjr

Rep. Matt Gaetz lights up the dems today on the house floor

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

This is what we're paying them to do.  I want my money back.  :lol:

This is what they have done for decades.  All the politicians do this sh!t, left and right.  These people want only power, the scant few who want to stand up for what is right are attacked.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is what they have done for decades.  All the politicians do this sh!t, left and right.  These people want only power, the scant few who want to stand up for what is right are attacked.

I'll buckle up for the never ending impeachment proceedings against Biden.

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Agree that some Democrats are being hypocritical about condemning violence.

While "Republicans" condemned the capitol riots, Trump really didn't.  Until yesterday that is.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

While "Republicans" condemned the capitol riots, Trump really didn't.  Until yesterday that is.

He condemned it that day

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He condemned it that day

On top of that, he told people to go peacefully and lawfully to have their voices heard.  

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

I'll buckle up for the never ending impeachment proceedings against Biden.

It would be fair play to do so, but I hope Republicans can be the adults in the room and not do that....

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He condemned it that day

Link?  Basically all he did was tell people to "go home" 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

“I know your pain, I know your hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now, we have to have peace, we have to have law and order, we have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us. From me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So, go home. We love you, you’re very special. You’ve seen what happens, you see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel. But go home, and go home in peace.”

I guess you and I read it differently, I read that as no violence and violence is bad

22 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Can you help me understand if this is better/worse/a problem?

“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere. We’ve got to get the children connected to their parents,

57 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

“I know your pain, I know your hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now, we have to have peace, we have to have law and order, we have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us. From me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So, go home. We love you, you’re very special. You’ve seen what happens, you see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel. But go home, and go home in peace.”

I guess you and I read it differently, I read that as no violence and violence is bad

no more violence yeah, but I wouldn't exactly call that condemning what had already happened

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

40 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Can you help me understand if this is better/worse/a problem?

See above

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Tim Hack lying again. No surprise. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

See above

Some are indeed.  Luckily, they are not apparently accountable either.  So how do we then determine which Republicans then are also allowed to encourage violence and not be held accountable?

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Some are indeed.  Luckily, they are not apparently accountable either.  So how do we then determine which Republicans then are also allowed to encourage violence and not be held accountable?

I'd also like to know which companies who allowed planning of the violence in 2020 on their "platforms" are responsible for that violence like parlor was responsible.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

no more violence yeah, but I wouldn't exactly call that condemning what had already happened

I would rather he say what he said than what the libtards said to condone the violence and encourage/back it

25 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I would rather he say what he said than what the libtards said to condone the violence and encourage/back it

I agree.  I still wouldn’t call what he said that day condemning it though.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/constitutional-alan-dershowitz-free-speech-violations/2021/01/16/id/1005883/

President Donald Trump did not commit any impeachable offenses, but the House violated the Constitution to suggest he did and are, ironically, immune from reprisals, according to constitutional law expert Alan Dershowitz on Newsmax TV.

"We all hear that the president is not above the law, but Congress is not above the law: When Congress impeached the president earlier this week, they committed six independent violations of the Constitution," Dershowitz told "Saturday Report."

"They violated the free speech provision. They violated the impeachment criteria. They violated the bill of attainder. They violated due process, on and on and on."

Ironically, lawmakers are protected from legal culpability from their congressional actions, so unlike they are doing with the president, they cannot be sought for the allegations against them.

"But the only sanction is to vote them out of office and to bring them to trial in the court of public opinion," Dershowitz told host Carl Higbie. "Senators and congressmen are immune from lawsuits for what they do or say on the floor of the Senate, so there can't be any personal lawsuits.

"And I wouldn't favor recriminations."

All House Democrats and 10 Republicans impeached the president for the second time this week for inciting the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, but the president's pursuit of an Electoral College challenge is not grounds for impeachment, Dershowitz noted.

"How can you impeach a president for a speech that is constitutionally protected?" he lamented.

Ultimately, impeachment should die in the Senate as it did the last time, according to Dershowitz, a member of the president's first Senate impeachment trial team.

"The Constitution is very clear, the purpose of impeachment is removal," he concluded, adding the president will be out of office by the time a trial can be held, pointing to the precedent of former President Richard Nixon's resignation ending an impeachment trial in the Senate.

"The Senate cannot try an ordinary citizen."

On 1/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, Cdub100 said:

I'd also like to know which companies who allowed planning of the violence in 2020 on their "platforms" are responsible for that violence like parlor was responsible.

That won't be discussed.  In a TOTALLY unrelated note, republicans no longer trust their government. /s