Rusty Syringes

Evangelicals turning on Trump

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No.  I just don't want to hear media outlet garbage.  If someone wants to talk about why they feel a certain way that's different than mine, I'll freely listen.  But, once you give me spewed info from left-wing media, I walk away.

That's the problem we're in.  And the left does it too, they completely ignore anything besides "TRUMP IS A RACIST HE MUST DIE".

So we have two sides that refuse to listen to each other or learn from each other.

An I know you said that if someone wants to talk to you with a different opinion, you'll listen, but I think it's safe to say that you don't seek out differing opinions, nor do you have many differing opinions in your social circle.  Typically we surround ourselves with like minded people, and we ignore any information that goes against our opinions.

That's why we are where we are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I skimmed through.  Read the paragraph that started with "And I don't want to hear about...".  It's all BS, so I stopped reading.  I guess he pretends that Liberals weren't berating and hateful towards conservatives, on this board, from 2008-2017.  Most left crying after Trump beat Hillary because they couldn't handle the return fire.  I guess he's playing the victim, like all Democrats do.

It's a stone-cold fact that Clownzo's behavior has made a big ol' chunk of his precious base re-evaluate and feel ashamed of its support for him. 

I'm actually happy that your Clownzo-calcified brain refuses to see the truth. It'll just be that much more entertaining, as the walls close in, to watch you squirm as you desperately keep trying to plug your square beliefs into the round reality hole.

I'm particularly fond of this part of the Times piece:

The split we are seeing is not theological or philosophical. It’s a division between those who have become detached from reality and those who, however right wing, are still in the real world.

Hence, it’s not an argument. You can’t argue with people who have their own separate made-up set of facts. You can’t have an argument with people who are deranged by the euphoric rage of what Erich Fromm called group narcissism — the thoughtless roar of those who believe their superior group is being polluted by alien groups.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

That's the problem we're in.  And the left does it too, they completely ignore anything besides "TRUMP IS A RACIST HE MUST DIE".

So we have two sides that refuse to listen to each other or learn from each other.

An I know you said that if someone wants to talk to you with a different opinion, you'll listen, but I think it's safe to say that you don't seek out differing opinions, nor do you have many differing opinions in your social circle.  Typically we surround ourselves with like minded people, and we ignore any information that goes against our opinions.

When they stop acting like that, I will too.  I can't take their words as credible.  It's coming from a position of hate and close-mindedness... exactly what they're claiming that conservatives do.  If you create a problem, don't be surprised at the response.

I will listen to someone with a differing opinion and I've changed my mind on issues.  The thing is, the information came from a person, not the media.  For example, I used to be dead set against abortion, 100%.  After talking to people and hearing their sides of things, I'm no longer against it.... BUT, I don't want the government paying for it either.  If you want it, pay for it.  Make it legal.  Make it something that has to be done in a hospital.  BUT, you're paying for it... just like every other medical procedure.  This is "elective".  It's not forced on you.  The liberal media / politicians want nothing to do with that.   They want 100% government funding.  So, when they tell me that I hate women or whatever, I say f' you and walk away.  They created the reason why I won't listen.  It's their way or the highway.  I was perfectly willing to meet in the middle.  I'm always willing to meet in the middle.  The Left, however, it's their way... or I'M the evil person.  Screw'em.

Yes, that is why we are where we are... and they created it.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

It's a stone-cold fact that Clownzo's behavior has made a big ol' chunk of his precious base re-evaluate and feel ashamed of its support for him. 

I'm actually happy that your Clownzo-calcified brain refuses to see the truth. It'll just be that much more entertaining, as the walls close in, to watch you squirm as you desperately keep trying to plug your square beliefs into the round reality hole.

I'm particularly fond of this part of the Times piece:

@GutterBoy  I give you proof.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And what I've posted are from the opposite sides agreeing on this one thing: that Clownzo's evangelical base is rapidly eroding. I post a New York Times piece, which gets dismissed because it's from the left-leaning publication. I post something from an evangelical publication, and it gets dismissed just because how the Washington Post accurately described it.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When they stop acting like that, I will too. 

Yes, that is why we are where we are... and they created it.

:lol:

Alrighty then.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

@GutterBoy  I give you proof.

Just because Rusty is an idiot doesn't mean that everybody "on the left" is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

And what I've posted are from the opposite sides agreeing on this one thing: that Clownzo's evangelical base is rapidly eroding. I post a New York Times piece, which gets dismissed because it's from the left-leaning publication. I post something from an evangelical publication, and it gets dismissed just because how the Washington Post accurately described it.

The New York Times is garbage, but they would be right here.  Trump has lost lots of support.  Don't see how anyone can argue against that.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Just because Rusty is an idiot doesn't mean that everybody "on the left" is an idiot.

Correct.  I listen to people.  I won't listen to the media.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Just because you're a midget doesn't mean Verne Troyer was a Clownzo swagger marmoset.

Ha!

:first:

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The New York Times is garbage, but they would be right here.  Trump has lost lots of support.  Don't see how anyone can argue against that.

I can.  He got over 70M votes.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I’m apt to believe that, on its face. Then I see what they want and who they voted for and reach a different conclusion. They want to do the most idiotic things like defund the police and pay off student loans and a whole lot of other shite that won’t work or solve any problems. 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct.  I listen to people.  I won't listen to the media.

So listen to Gutter when he says Clownzo has lost support.

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Just because you're a midget doesn't mean Verne Troyer was a Clownzo swagger marmoset.

Ha!

:first:

What the fock does this even mean? 

Go change the litterbox, nancy.

I can.  He got over 70M votes.

On election day.  The protest was past election day.  He lost support due to the protest.

Are you dumb?

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

Alrighty then.

True or false.... Had the media and Democrat politician's not try to dehumanize the entire Republican constituency over the last 4 years, the violence and division we're seeing right now, would not exist.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

On election day.  The protest was past election day.  He lost support due to the protest.

Are you dumb?

It's self preservation because he lost.  People in the public eye are just covering their azz.  They don't want the Left to come down on them. 

True or false.... Had the media and Democrat politician's not try to dehumanize the entire Republican constituency over the last 4 years, the violence and division we're seeing right now, would not exist.

I don't know.  I think I've been pretty cleat that the Dems and the Media have done a lot of damage the past 4 years.  Trump has done damage too.

I'm old enough to know that it is almost never the case where one side is 100% correct or 100% at fault.

It's self preservation because he lost.  People in the public eye are just covering their azz.  They don't want the Left to come down on them. 

OK, so people that say that they don't support Trump's actions in the protest, they are only saying that because the left is coming down on anyone that still supports him.  Got it.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I skimmed through.  Read the paragraph that started with "And I don't want to hear about...".  It's all BS, so I stopped reading.  I guess he pretends that Liberals weren't berating and hateful towards conservatives, on this board, from 2008-2017.  Most left crying after Trump beat Hillary because they couldn't handle the return fire.  I guess he's playing the victim, like all Democrats do.

I didn't post here during that time. The Geek Club was far more political than I cared for when I did post here, which was longer ago than that. But even then it was easy to post here and ignore the political stuff. And it was very easy to avoid politics elsewhere in life, even on the internet, until mid-2016. Now political discussion and hate is everywhere, and all that changed when Trump ran for president. He ran on owning the libs and drawing attention to himself constantly, his supporters ate it up, and the consequence is that no one is sleeping on politics now.

• Like 2

Just now, GutterBoy said:

OK, so people that say that they don't support Trump's actions in the protest, they are only saying that because the left is coming down on anyone that still supports him.  Got it.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident on that.

So you got TBay on the right and tj on the left.  They both blame each other and are too stubborn and stupid to try and see the other side.  America in a microcosm.

2 minutes ago, t.j said:

I didn't post here during that time. The Geek Club was far more political than I cared for when I did post here, which was longer ago than that. But even then it was easy to post here and ignore the political stuff. And it was very easy to avoid politics elsewhere in life, even on the internet, until mid-2016. Now political discussion and hate is everywhere, and all that changed when Trump ran for president. He ran on owning the libs and drawing attention to himself constantly, his supporters ate it up, and the consequence is that no one is sleeping on politics now.

That's because that's what you wanted to see.  He was taking EVERYONE to task.  The thing is, the Democrats and media were afraid of him and tried to vilify him.  When that didn't work, they attacked the people who voted for him.

3 minutes ago, t.j said:

Here’s another victim of the division that has been foisted upon us. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So you got TBay on the right and tj on the left.  They both blame each other and are too stubborn and stupid to try and see the other side.  America in a microcosm.

Not really.  It's the media and the politician's I'm against, not the public

You keep getting it wrong?  How?  Do you not read?

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not really.  It's the media and the politician's I'm against, not the public

You keep getting it wrong?  How?  Do you not read?

OK, so you only have a problem with politicians and media?

If a group of people gather for a Trump protest, you have no problem with them and would support them?  Talk to them?  Listen to them?  Rub the breasts of?

1. That's because that's what you wanted to see.

2. He was taking EVERYONE to task.  The thing is, the Democrats and media were afraid of him and tried to vilify him.  When that didn't work, they attacked the people who voted for him.

1. Keep telling yourself that. Perhaps you've spent too much time at this particular toxic place to see how much things have changed everywhere.

2. I can see that you're missing my point. You assumed that I was saying that liberals on the internet or in congress are more reasonable than conservatives on the internet or in congress, and I that wasn't my intent. I'll admit that my inclusion of "his supporters ate it up" put you on the defensive, and I shouldn't have thrown that in, because I agree with you that his detractors escalated in response too.

What I'm saying that it was Trump's campaign which was the turning point of politics going from a relatively niche pissing match to a nationwide brawl. And by saying this you're supporting my point, even though you thought I was making a completely different point.

Likewise, had the far-right media and Republican politicians not try to dehumanize the entire Democratic constituency since Rush Limbaugh hit the airwaves 33 years ago, the violence and division we're seeing right now would not exist.

You know it cuts both ways.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Likewise, had the far-right media and Republican politicians not try to dehumanize the entire Democratic constituency since Rush Limbaugh hit the airwaves 33 years ago, the violence and division we're seeing right now would not exist.

Poking fun and dehumanizing is a wide gap.  Left wing pundits throw around words like “cleansing” and “deprogramming” at will now. 

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

OK, so you only have a problem with politicians and media?

If a group of people gather for a Trump protest, you have no problem with them and would support them?  Talk to them?  Listen to them?  Rub the breasts of?

Is English your second language?  If I need to, I can use smaller words.   I...... WILL..... TALK..... TO..... ANYONE.

Now if they get violent, which the left is known for, then that's a different story.

46 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I never listened to Rush Limbaugh.  I found him to be a blowhard.

1 hour ago, t.j said:

1. Keep telling yourself that. Perhaps you've spent too much time at this particular toxic place to see how much things have changed everywhere.

2. I can see that you're missing my point. You assumed that I was saying that liberals on the internet or in congress are more reasonable than conservatives on the internet or in congress, and I that wasn't my intent. I'll admit that my inclusion of "his supporters ate it up" put you on the defensive, and I shouldn't have thrown that in, because I agree with you that his detractors escalated in response too.

What I'm saying that it was Trump's campaign which was the turning point of politics going from a relatively niche pissing match to a nationwide brawl. And by saying this you're supporting my point, even though you thought I was making a completely different point.

Your point is that you're blaming Trump for the bad things that are happening.  Instead, you should be blaming the people who responded the way they did.  Those people I'm referring to are the media and Democrat politicians.  Instead of listening to the criticism and trying to prove him wrong, all they did was lambaste him and prove him right.  That's not Trump's fault, that's their fault.... and yours if you voted Democrat this past November.  Congratulations, you're part of the problem.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Your point is that you're blaming Trump for the bad things that are happening.  Instead, you should be blaming the people who responded the way they did.  Those people I'm referring to are the media and Democrat politicians.  Instead of listening to the criticism and trying to prove him wrong, all they did was lambaste him and prove him right.  That's not Trump's fault, that's their fault.... and yours if you voted Democrat this past November.  Congratulations, you're part of the problem.

My point is that thanking Trump for being a lightning rod for attacks missing the point that his approach resulted in a drastic increase in attacks on all sides, and now that he's going to be out of office you guys are going to largely lose the lightning rod benefit of it. So, it's not the win that Fumble thinks it was. Of course you want to put all of the blame on the liberals for things escalating, but as GutterBoy pointed out, that's not the truth of it. And no, as stated in my long post, I didn't vote for Biden in part because he is also too combative and not smart enough/trustworthy enough for my taste.

2 minutes ago, t.j said:

My point is that thanking Trump for being a lightning rod for attacks missing the point that his approach resulted in a drastic increase in attacks on all sides, and now that he's going to be out of office you guys are going to largely lose the lightning rod benefit of it. So, it's not the win that Fumble thinks it was. Of course you want to put all of the blame on the liberals for things escalating, but as GutterBoy pointed out, that's not the truth of it. And no, as stated in my long post, I didn't vote for Biden in part because he is also too combative and not smart enough/trustworthy enough for my taste.

You can believe what you want.  Have at it.

Voting for Biden isn't as bad as voting for Democrats in Congress.  Biden is a placeholder for the crap that Congress wants to do.  Voting blue in those areas is where the problems lie, not voting for Biden.  If the Republicans took over the House and increased in the Senate, while disappointed, I wouldn't have cared all that much that Biden won because the nothing the Democrats are pushing for, would happen.

19 minutes ago, t.j said:

I hope I can see the world as you do again in the near future. 2009-2016 was rough and it shaped a lot of my thinking about the left's agenda to reduce conservatives to rubble. It would take a lot for any trust in that side of the aisle to be restored. Thank, you though, for trying to respond in a way that throws some logic into the equation. Totally distrusting half of my own government is not a joyous place to be. I'm not a Republican anyway at this point- I'm just an anti-Democrat. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, t.j said:

And it was very easy to avoid politics elsewhere in life, even on the internet, until mid-2016. Now political discussion and hate is everywhere, and all that changed when Trump ran for president. 

It didn't all start in mid-2016 for millions upon millions of people in the US. It started in 2009 and has continued from that day forward. Trump's election was only a surprise to those who were ignorant of what was going on below the surface from 2009-2016. Conservative Americans felt trampled on during that period as did many Rural Americans and certainly Christian Americans. The "this whole mess started in 2016" thing comes only from a left perspective. For those to the right of center on the political spectrum, 2016 was more of when the volcano erupted than when it became active. Trump's election was a reaction to what happened the eight years prior. 

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

It didn't all start in mid-2016 for millions upon millions of people in the US. It started in 2009 and has continued from that day forward. Trump's election was only a surprise to those who were ignorant of what was going on below the surface from 2009-2016. Conservative Americans felt trampled on during that period as did many Rural Americans and certainly Christian Americans. The "this whole mess started in 2016" thing comes only from a left perspective. For those to the right of center on the political spectrum, 2016 was more of when the volcano erupted than when it became active. Trump's election was a reaction to what happened the eight years prior. 

The bank bailouts were the beginning of Trump. Steve Bannon, the brains behind his campaign in 2016 has said so many times. It was the beginning of the populist movement. Bannon said he was looking for someone to lead it, considered Sarah Palin and Jeff Sessions. That’s why Sessions got on board so early with Trump, at Bannons urging.  Bannon knew the Democrats were toast with the right candidate. He wanted a Ross Perot type. Then Trump came calling and the rest is history. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

BINGO

Trump happened to be the “anti-establishment outsider” at just the right time and rode that wave to the WH.  Those people nor that angst goes away with Trump leaving office.