Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Pretend that you are Urban Meyer

a) You have 11 picks in the 2021 draft.   You start with Lawrence, but where do you go from there?

b) Who are you hiring as your coordinators and/or position coaches?

Pretending I'm Urban Meyer.... I have a headache.

Past Lawrence, rebuild the lines.  You have talent at RB and WR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

a) You have 11 picks in the 2021 draft.   You start with Lawrence, but where do you go from there?

b) Who are you hiring as your coordinators and/or position coaches?

DC- Keith Butler

OC-Keep Gruden

Keep - McCardell

As for picks, BAP, please please stop drafting needs and please stop drafting GATAZ, that is what has killed the Jags the last 10 years

I tried pretending to Urban Meyer, but all the universities are closed so I can't find a coed to sleep with.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

I tried pretending to Urban Meyer, but all the universities are closed so I can't find a coed to sleep with.

Isn't that Pete Carroll?

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

It’s cute that you think he isn’t taking Fields first.

I really like Justin Fields, but Lawrence is better.  

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It’s cute that you think he isn’t taking Fields first.

It's cute that you have no idea what you are talking about.

He gushes on and on about Trevor and has no ties to Fields as he was long gone before he got to OH ST

11 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

It's cute that you have no idea what you are talking about.

He gushes on and on about Trevor and has no ties to Fields as he was long gone before he got to OH ST

Oh, well good, Fields is a landmine like literally every other Buckeye QB in the nfl has been.

Urban Meyer runs an RPO offense.  Trevor Lawrence isn't going to excel at that at the NFL level.  Lawrence is gonna be the classic pocket passer.  First, we need to know if Meyer is going to either:

1.  Shoehorn Lawrence into an RPO offense.
2.  Hire an offensive coordinator that will be calling the plays in a traditional offense.
3.  Draft Justin Fields and run an RPO offense.
4.  Run a traditional offense himself (which Meyer has never done before) with Lawrence.

That will determine what Meyer does in the draft. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Urban Meyer runs an RPO offense.  Trevor Lawrence isn't going to excel at that at the NFL level.  Lawrence is gonna be the classic pocket passer.  First, we need to know if Meyer is going to either:

2.  Hire an offensive coordinator that will be calling the plays in a traditional offense.
4.  Run a traditional offense himself (which Meyer has never done before) with Lawrence.

He is drafting Lawrence at #1

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I think it's up to scout inputs and the GM.

Not with the Jags current FO structure, Myers will be given all the personal power.  If the keep interim GM Baalke then that means Myers is the real GM and HC

10 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Have you watched Lawrence play at all?   Meyer will not have to "shoehorn" Lawrence into an RPO offense.    

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Have you watched Lawrence play at all?   Meyer will not have to "shoehorn" Lawrence into an RPO offense.    

Lawrence does strike me as fast or athletic enough to run an RPO offense at the NFL level.  And he doesn't strike me as having an elite arm.  He reminds me of Derek Carr; escapability/mobility and a decent arm, good not great at the next level.  :dunno: 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Lawrence does strike me as fast or athletic enough to run an RPO offense at the NFL level.  And he doesn't strike me as having an elite arm.  He reminds me of Derek Carr; escapability/mobility and a decent arm, good not great at the next level.  :dunno: 

We will agree to disagree on whether he has an elite arm.  You may want to check the throws on the 8:00 - 10:00 mark of this video.  And then if you think he can't run an RPO, check the 9:45-10:30 mark.

My view is that if he stays healthy, he has all of the tools to be as good as Mahomes.  

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

A 4.6 40 isn't 'athletic' enough to run RPOs, LOL, and he has an elite arm talent

I could never be a hypochondriac, not even pretend