Sign in to follow this  
iambuttugly

Need a little advice

I am not always an idiot but when I am I am the king of all idiots. Here is the deal about 4 months ago my wife's dog died. So I wanted to get her another dog for her birthday. She loves French bull dogs so I thought I would get her one. They are pretty expensive so I was shopping online trying to find one at a reasonable price. I found one for  $3,150 problem was I would not be able to get funds from my Edward Jones account for 3 days. I did not want a chance of losing the dog. I noticed on the breeders web site that financing was available. Figured I would finance it pay a couple of payments and then pay him off.

Now I am an old guy and very technology impaired I mean I just got my first cell phone this year and it sits on the kitchen table half the time. When I was on the breeders site I clicked on the link for financing and was approved. So when they sent the contract (this is where the idiot part really comes in)they asked me to digitally sign contract. I scrolled down without reading and signed contract. I thought I was getting financing that was the only word used up to that time.

So now a month later I check my checking account and see that they had automatically taken the payment out. I'm thinking to myself damn I must have accidently went paperless billing and automatic payment. I will go to site and change it. I go to contract to get customer service number and that was the first time I read it. Right at the top it states this is a lease and not a loan. Of course I missed that because I had scrolled down to sign contract. Lease is for 27 months total $7500 total. Then I read after 27 months the dog is still not yours you have to pay them another $500. So now that puts a $3150 dog to $8000 dollars. I'm thinking to myself fine I will pay it off now. Problem is if you pay it off early you still have to pay 75% of the lease which still puts the dog at twice the price I was supposed to pay.

Has anyone ever heard of leasing an animal? The terms of the contract seem kind of predatory and the way it seems to lead you to believe you are financing instead of leasing. Plus whoever has heard of leasing an animal it never crossed my mind that I was leasing. So do I have any remedy for being king of all idiots or am I just SOL?

Here is a pic of our new buddy.

https://imgur.com/a/dUYPIAn

As far as a remedy, you can try talking to the breeder, maybe ask for forgiveness for being an idiot, maybe they will be nice.

Or talk to a lawyer, have them review the contract and see if there is a way out.

If fail on both acounts, blast them all over the internet to help protect the next idiot that comes by and tries to lease a dog :lol:

Just now, fricker66 said:

Does the dog come with custom leather interior?

No but he craps all over the place. So I guess there is that.

• Haha 1

Is there a mileage allowance?  Can you walk the dog as much as you want while you have him?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, the fact that he said he just got a cell phone wasn’t a clue to anyone that this is BS? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, the fact that he said he just got a cell phone wasn’t a clue to anyone that this is BS? 

Not BS I hate cell phones with a passion. It seems now you just about have to have one though. Son thats why I broke down and got one.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Is there a mileage allowance?  Can you walk the dog as much as you want while you have him?

I dont think so but of course I dont read contracts so I might only be able to walk him 20 times in 2 years who knows?

Does the dog at least come with free scheduled maintenance?  I would hope so or the vet bills are gonna add up.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Does the dog at least come with free scheduled maintenance?  I would hope so or the vet bills are gonna add up.

nope just guaranteed to crap all over the place and to have farts that will peel the paint right off the walls.

Tell your bank to stop paying them.  Hide the dog so they can't repossess it.  Simple.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If true you deserve it.  For a couple reasons.  

I agree never sign anything you don't read. Thought I learned that in my 20s.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Buyer Beware: Predatory Pet Leasing - Bailing Out Benji

Also note that they can probably repossess your dog if you miss payments. See if you have any recourse via rescission. Depending on how long it has been since you signed the contract, you might be able to just get out of it altogether.   

Thanks. Its 30 days passed on the 11th. Plus already love the little shitmachine.

1. Carve the dog up into 30 pieces 

2. Turn pieces into Mc Rib

3. Invite Jetdoc over

4. Riches!

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure that every time I go to the park, there are signs that say "Keep Dogs On Lease".  It makes sense. Everybody leases a car now. Nobody buys. 

I see this as a good trend. Don't you wish you had a three year lease on your wife? 

19 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I'm pretty sure that every time I go to the park, there are signs that say "Keep Dogs On Lease".  It makes sense. Everybody leases a car now. Nobody buys. 

I see this as a good trend. Don't you wish you had a three year lease on your wife? 

"Get a new lease on life with a lease on a new wife!"

Kids should be next... :ninja:

• Haha 2