Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

NRA files for bankruptcy

The NRA said Friday it is in its "strongest financial condition in years," but the restructuring will help to "streamline costs and expenses.

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

:dunno:

I wish I had a dollar for every dying company's statement regarding the latest round of layoffs, saying something along the lines of streamlining to prepare for a bright future and whatnot.

6 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

It’s a chapter 11, great headline though 

The National Rifle Association said late Friday that it has filed for chapter 11 in a Texas bankruptcy court, saying the "restructuring plan" will help streamline its legal and financial affairs and ensure its "continued success." The organization also said it was leaving New York and going forward with plans to reincorporate in Texas. "The plan can be summed up quite simply: We are DUMPING New York, and we are pursuing plans to reincorporate the NRA in Texas," the NRA said in a letter in its website signed by Wayne LaPierre, its chief executive. The organization said it was not insolvent and is "as financially strong as we have been in years." The NRA and New York have been in an ongoing, high-profile legal battle for months.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nra-files-for-chapter-11-plans-move-to-texas-2021-01-15

Rusty has no clue the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 11.  He just reads the NYT and watches CNN.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Rusty has no clue the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 11.  He just reads the NYT and watches CNN.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/nra-bankruptcy-ditching-new-york-texas

Fox had the exact headline, except for adding the part about the Texas move.

Pretty much every media entity across the board has the same headline. Google it.

Show me one that says:

NRA moves to streamline, ensure continued success

Rusty wins again!

Ha!

:first:

• Haha 3

Pretty sure it’s well established that MSM is in the business of creating clickbait headlines. They got Rusty again. Yep, he’s the big winner.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Pretty sure it’s well established that MSM is in the business of creating clickbait headlines. They got Rusty again. Yep, he’s the big winner.

What's MSM?

:blink:

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

He falls for it all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Are you saying the NRA didn't file for bankruptcy?

I think you have a future at CNN.

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

:unsure:

No, I’m saying you got us really good with a clickbait headline...

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

No, I’m saying you got us really good with a clickbait headline...

I posted a link to a Fox headline that said the exact same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I posted a link to a Fox headline that said the exact same thing. 

Yep, they’re probably getting a lot of clicks from it too. Likely wouldn’t get nearly as many if they posted the same headline as the NRA link states...”NRA leaves New York to reincorporate in Texas.”

I’m thinking this is a strategic move for the impending civil war. (That’s a joke for you humorless focks)

23 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

He's like a moth to a flame.  He can't help himself.  The MSM fools rusty 100% of the time.....EVERY time.

13 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

A year from now the NRA will still be up and running, and doing fine. The fact you don’t see that says it all. Like they say, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A year from now the NRA will still be up and running, and doing fine. The fact you don’t see that says it all. Like they say, a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.  

I'm glad they're moving to Texor. Great for our economy!

55 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

NRA doing great, about to get more awesome

NRA made up of people that support gun ownership by the good guys.

Really doesn't matter.

What's your net worth these days, Rustor?

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

FYI you are a sh1tty business person if you dont use bankruptcy laws to your advantage

A good business person makes too much money for bankruptcy to be needed. The challenge is with an economy that is tanking. In this case, the NY lawsuit weighed heavily.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

A good business person makes too much money for bankruptcy to be needed. The challenge is with an economy that is tanking. In this case, the NY lawsuit weighed heavily.

not true, sometimes good business men buy struggling businesses in hopes to turn them around, and decide sometimes its better to start from scratch

my first business made decent money, but it was hard to ever get ahead due to the debt used on startup.  Initial calculations were off.  It happens

sometimes you have a good idea, but its not as good as you anticipated, and money sunk might never allow it to take off

of course I am also someone who will argue til I am blue in the face that there is no such thing as a tax loophole either

The problem with the NRA is the same thing as the problem with evangelicos. Their extreme leadership doesn't equate to there base populace.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

not true, sometimes good business men buy struggling businesses in hopes to turn them around, and decide sometimes its better to start from scratch

my first business made decent money, but it was hard to ever get ahead due to the debt used on startup.  Initial calculations were off.  It happens

sometimes you have a good idea, but its not as good as you anticipated, and money sunk might never allow it to take off

of course I am also someone who will argue til I am blue in the face that there is no such thing as a tax loophole either

:thumbsup:

I would say that due diligence helps in M&A a lot. If you have a speculative business model, then Chapter 11 (&7) is a way to protect assets. See it a ton in real estate with LLC’s.

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

FYI you are a sh1tty business person if you dont use bankruptcy laws to your advantage

You're a sh!tty non-profit if you have to lay off hundreds of employees and file for bankruptcy at a time when your supporters are clearing the shelves of guns and ammo and need you more than ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/29/nra-financial-crisis-layoffs-furloughs

🤣

18 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

You're a sh!tty non-profit if you have to lay off hundreds of employees and file for bankruptcy at a time when your supporters are clearing the shelves of guns and ammo and need you more than ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/29/nra-financial-crisis-layoffs-furloughs

🤣

you think the NRA gets a cut of every gun and ammo sold or something?

59 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Companies do not have to go Chapter 11 to reincorporate in a different state. Much easier (and less expensive) to do it without Chapter 11. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Pretty sure the “business” looks at all angles and makes that decision based on the lay of the land fiscally speaking.  What I do know is that gun and ammo purchases are up so common sense, logic and intelligence lends me to think this is a business move, not a desperation move.

Call me crazy. 

1 hour ago, Rusty Syringes said:

What's MSM?

The ones who all have the exact headline you where just bragging about. 

I haven't been a fan of the NRA for a long time.  I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment but I don't think the NRA has been looking out for our best interests. 

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Pretty sure the “business” looks at all angles and makes that decision based on the lay of the land fiscally speaking.  What I do know is that gun and ammo purchases are up so common sense, logic and intelligence lends me to think this is a business move, not a desperation move.

Call me crazy. 

Crazy. :P 

It has to do with the NY AG going after them for not acting like a non-profit.

If I remember correctly the executives were raiding the funds and giving themselves large bogus bonuses.

11 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Party size, handsome.

:wub:

That's what I figured. 

Raised as a lowlife, always a lowlife. 

Its funny the amount of posters here who claim Republican or super middle.  Yet 100% of their posts are attacking right wing stuff and copy pasting CNN articles.

It is almost as if they are afraid to admit that they really are liberals because it is embarrassing.