mmmmm...beer

The Vaccine.... appt next week.

Just now, Drizzay said:

Dang.  I got my 2nd Moderna shot next Wednesday.  Not looking forward to it.

I took that Thursday/Friday off for this reason...and to paint the living room.

My inlaws had no side effects. As I posted above my neighbor did though. 

Good luck.

All better... 1 day deal.  Woke up this morning.... absolutely fine.

Yesterday I had a super severe headache for about 8 hours that nothing would touch.  Ended about 9pm last night.  One of those headache gone and I'm exhausted from being in constant pain from it.

My appointment with my endocrinologist this week was interesting and informative. What is known:

-Masks are 100% political. Only very least intelligent among us think they do anything but incubate bacteria. The doc only wears a plastic face shield to keep patients from completely freaking out. People are catching a multitude of different illnesses as a result of masks.

-These early vaccines are ludicrously dangerous and not properly vetted. Only take them if your jobs forces you to take them, and even then it's a huge risk. Much better vaccines options are a few months away. Politics.

-We don't know yet if you will be required to take the vaccine every year forever. Again, politics. I refuse to take flu shots.

Besides, it's just a matter of time until China unleashes another biologically engineered virus upon the world, and have Trump be impeached for it.

Vaccine: No immunity. Does not rid the disease. Does not prevent death. Does not prevent transmission. Does not stop lockdowns, business shutdowns, travel restrictions, nor masks.

4 minutes ago, phillybear said:

My appointment with my endocrinologist this week was interesting and informative. What is known:

-Masks are 100% political. Only very least intelligent among us think they do anything but incubate bacteria. The doc only wears a plastic face shield to keep patients from completely freaking out. People are catching a multitude of different illnesses as a result of masks.

-These early vaccines are ludicrously dangerous and not properly vetted. Only take them if your jobs forces you to take them, and even then it's a huge risk. Much better vaccines options are a few months away. Politics.

-We don't know yet if you will be required to take the vaccine every year forever. Again, politics. I refuse to take flu shots.

Besides, it's just a matter of time until China unleashes another biologically engineered virus upon the world, and have Trump be impeached for it.

Vaccine: No immunity. Does not rid the disease. Does not prevent death. Does not prevent transmission. Does not stop lockdowns, business shutdowns, travel restrictions, nor masks.

I always used to get sick but ever since I started wearing the masks, I've been 100% healthy.  However, it may not be the mask.  My whole life, I would often wake up with a sore throat, especially if it was cold that night.  I started using Listerine alcohol mouthwash every day with the pandemic and I haven't woken up with a sore throat ever since. 

What does your endocrinologist think of Listerine w/alcohol with regards to covid and just getting a sore throat in the morning or sick in general?

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I always used to get sick but ever since I started wearing the masks, I've been 100% healthy.  However, it may not be the mask.  My whole life, I would often wake up with a sore throat, especially if it was cold that night.  I started using Listerine alcohol mouthwash every day with the pandemic and I haven't woken up with a sore throat ever since. 

What does your endocrinologist think of Listerine w/alcohol with regards to covid and just getting a sore throat in the morning or sick in general?

I haven't had a sore throat or even a cough this winter.  I chalk that up to not spending 4 hours a day on public transportation with the normal homeless and diseased plebs, even with working 50% from home at that time, now 100%. I still spend time in stores, since I refuse to own plastic, and I'm cash or check for everything.

Alcohol isn't the key, but I'm not dismissing it. I'm a booze funnel. Drink every day. I still get somewhat sick at times. Right now, I have 60 handles (1.75 liter) bottles of rum in my linen closet. I threw out some linen to make room. Pennsylvania shut down liquor stores for 3 months as the lockdowns started, and I learned a lesson. Anywho...I practically gargle with booze constantly. Doesn't prevent sickness. Just helps you sleep when your brain is racing with activity nonstop with every waking moment. I just never forget anything, maybe it's an editec memory, but I recall every scream from a hooker I choked to death. God, I have such an erection right now.

I'm now tempted to drink my rum with a Listerine chaser. Yummmmmm. And an erection.

HTH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillybear said:

I haven't had a sore throat or even a cough this winter.  I chalk that up to not spending 4 hours a day on public transportation with the normal homeless and diseased plebs, even with working 50% from home at that time, now 100%. I still spend time in stores, since I refuse to own plastic, and I'm cash or check for everything.

Alcohol isn't the key, but I'm not dismissing it. I'm a booze funnel. Drink every day. I still get somewhat sick at times. Right now, I have 60 handles (1.75 liter) bottles of rum in my linen closet. I threw out some linen to make room. Pennsylvania shut down liquor stores for 3 months as the lockdowns started, and I learned a lesson. Anywho...I practically gargle with booze constantly. Doesn't prevent sickness. Just helps you sleep when your brain is racing with activity nonstop with every waking moment. I just never forget anything, maybe it's an editec memory, but I recall every scream from a hooker I choked to death. God, I have such an erection right now.

I'm now tempted to drink my rum with a Listerine chaser. Yummmmmm. And an erection.

HTH.

Beats getting married three times and living with cats. 

8 hours ago, phillybear said:

Sounds like your endocrinologist is a quack.  There are vaccines a few months away much better than 95% effective?

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-israel-pfizer-int/israeli-study-finds-pfizer-vaccine-95-effective-against-covid-19-idUSKBN2AH27W

9 hours ago, phillybear said:

Sounds like you picked the perfect doctor for your ideology

Just had my second Moderna shot yesterday.  The exact same after-effects as mmmm..beer, sans the severe headache (so far).  Both shoulders and back are just on fire right now.

Time to start painting!

11 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Just had my second Moderna shot yesterday.  The exact same after-effects as mmmm..beer, sans the severe headache (so far).  Both shoulders and back are just on fire right now.

Time to start painting!

The real fun kicks in about 8-12 hours after (well it did with me anyway). Apparently it helps to drink a sh1t ton of water. Good luck!

On 2/18/2021 at 11:02 PM, phillybear said:

This has to be a lie, or the "doctor" is a complete fraud.

I'm scheduled to get it next week. 

I'm worried.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:44 AM, TimHauck said:

Sounds like your endocrinologist is a quack.  There are vaccines a few months away much better than 95% effective?

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-israel-pfizer-int/israeli-study-finds-pfizer-vaccine-95-effective-against-covid-19-idUSKBN2AH27W

So, after the CDC, WHO, Faucci, the media, all levels of government have lied about this biological weapon released from a Chinese lab for well over a year, you believe that the vaccines works, they have to get something right at some point based on sheer luck, based on advertisements placed in media by insurance companies.

Riiiiiiight.

But, hey, everybody seems to be a doctor nowadays, and they know better than actual doctors, who keep telling us to stop wearing masks, stop lockdowns, and think twice before injecting God knows what into your body. Except for the doctors that make money off the vaccine. Like Faucci.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, bandrus1 said:

Sounds like you picked the perfect doctor for your ideology

I can put my support behind math and science. Game recognizes game.

2 hours ago, phillybear said:

So, after the CDC, WHO, Faucci, the media, all levels of government have lied about this biological weapon released from a Chinese lab for well over a year, you believe that the vaccines works, they have to get something right at some point based on sheer luck, based on advertisements placed in media by insurance companies.

Riiiiiiight.

But, hey, everybody seems to be a doctor nowadays, and they know better than actual doctors, who keep telling us to stop wearing masks, stop lockdowns, and think twice before injecting God knows what into your body. Except for the doctors that make money off the vaccine. Like Faucci.

Link to more than like 5 actual doctors saying not to wear masks?    The chiropractor yelling into his phone from his car doesn’t count.

The vaccine works.  See Israel

Can’t wait to get my injection from Bill Gates. I hear it will let me upgrade my spleen to Windows 11.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Link to more than like 5 actual doctors saying not to wear masks?    The chiropractor yelling into his phone from his car doesn’t count.

The vaccine works.  See Israel

Chiropractors aren't doctors. They are undefinable, to be honest. I mentioned an endocrinologist, a diabetes doctor. So, when they talk about people "at risk" for the Chinese biological weapon, they talk about the old focks and the immuno challenged, specifically including diabetics. My arsenal of doctors, well the only ones I'm still willing to meet with under current circumstances, are strongly hinting, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, for me to skip it.

You're talking about a media fluff piece submitted by pharma....eh, you know what, it's saulgoodman. Go chug a few of the vaccine jello shots and have your life not change one wit. Triple masks, lockdowns. Nothing different. Other than risking death. People are dying after the vaccines. This was expected. Just not publicized.

Thoughts and prayers.

1 hour ago, phillybear said:

Chiropractors aren't doctors. They are undefinable, to be honest. I mentioned an endocrinologist, a diabetes doctor. So, when they talk about people "at risk" for the Chinese biological weapon, they talk about the old focks and the immuno challenged, specifically including diabetics. My arsenal of doctors, well the only ones I'm still willing to meet with under current circumstances, are strongly hinting, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, for me to skip it.

You're talking about a media fluff piece submitted by pharma....eh, you know what, it's saulgoodman. Go chug a few of the vaccine jello shots and have your life not change one wit. Triple masks, lockdowns. Nothing different. Other than risking death. People are dying after the vaccines. This was expected. Just not publicized.

Thoughts and prayers.

Yes, there have been a miniscule amount of people that have died after the vaccines.  But last I read it was less than random chance.  And the ones that aren't expected have been publicized (there have been about 2 in the US).

The vaccine prevents death.  It is proven.   If your doctor doesn't believe that he doesn't know wtf he's talking about, especially if he is telling diabetics not to get it since they are some of the most at risk   I could understand someone that is under 40 and healthy skipping the vaccine not because the vaccine is dangerous, but because covid is likely little risk to a person like that.  But if you have diabetes you should definitely get it.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yes, there have been a miniscule amount of people that have died after the vaccines.  But last I read it was less than random chance.  And the ones that aren't expected have been publicized (there have been about 2 in the US).

The vaccine prevents death.  It is proven.   If your doctor doesn't believe that he doesn't know wtf he's talking about, especially if he is telling diabetics not to get it since they are some of the most at risk   I could understand someone that is under 40 and healthy skipping the vaccine not because the vaccine is dangerous, but because covid is likely little risk to a person like that.  But if you have diabetes you should definitely get it.

I'm inclined to let him listen to his doctor:doublethumbsup:

Headed for the first Pfizer shot on Thursday.

They also make that little blue pill so maybe I’ll get some bonus wood out of this thing.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, dogcows said:

Can’t wait to get my injection from Bill Gates. I hear it will let me upgrade my spleen to Windows 11.

My hubs doesn't have a spleen...will have to see if the Apple OS has any implants. 

My local school district vaccinated the whole district on parent teacher conference night.  In month the school will probably be shut down for 2 days after the second injection

31 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My local school district vaccinated the whole district on parent teacher conference night.  In month the school will probably be shut down for 2 days after the second injection

This is stupid. Everything will be fine. 

On 2/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, Cdub100 said:

I'm scheduled to get it next week. 

I'm worried.

I don't know anybody that had much of a reaction to either dose. I hope you are fine. Thank you for getting vaccinated. 

Yeah, I'm still not getting it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

I don't know anybody that had much of a reaction to either dose. I hope you are fine. Thank you for getting vaccinated. 

Lol why the fock are you thanking people for getting vaccinated? 

The only reason I'm doing it is so I can be an even bigger ahole when people try to force me to wear a mask.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Lol why the fock are you thanking people for getting vaccinated? 

The only reason I'm doing it is so I can be an even bigger ahole when people try to force me to wear a mask.

We need to get to 80% vaccinated. I know this will sting, but you may get a; "I Did It For You" sticker to wear, when you get your shot. 

Thanks again, brother.

Now try to man up to wearing a mask. 

17 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

We need to get to 80% vaccinated. I know this will sting, but you may get a; "I Did It For You" sticker to wear, when you get your shot. 

Thanks again, brother.

Now try to man up to wearing a mask. 

Go fock yourself.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Go fock yourself.

NOW THIS is the Geek Club we ALL know and LOVE!!!! 

😍

• Haha 1

So I give Cdub  credit- he is Uber anti mask, yet is getting a needle full of experimental crap injected in not his arm, not once, but twice. 

I personally hate the mask, yet wear it in public- seriously can’t believe I’ve become the guy who doesn’t want to be around strangers without masks- maybe because I’m exposed to 100 to 400 of these strangers on a daily basis.
I REALLY don’t want to inject an experimental vaccine, yet I’m headed in this week for my first dose.

Fock me running. This world is some kind of focked up. 

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

Yeah, I'm still not getting it.  

We wont need it. Everyone else is taking the bullet. Bunch o' lemmings 🤣

• Sad 1

good luck all:

A 42-year-old woman suffered paralysis of the lower body after receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

According to preliminary information, the nurse at the hospital on the island of Corfu has developed symptoms closely matching with the autoimmune neurological Guillain-Barré syndrome after receiving the second COVID-19 vaccination jab.

Guillain-Barré syndrome (a rare neurological disease in which the body’s immune system attacks the nerves, causing the patient to become paralysed and numb – usually in the arms and legs).

The mother of two, who is now in a wheelchair, has reportedly no previous underlying health issues.

You'll need another vaccine later on. 😂

The coronavirus variant on the rise in New York City contains the same E484K mutation seen in variants in Brazil and South Africa believed to make COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapies less effective, as well as a mutation called S477N that helps it bind more tightly to cells when it breaks into them. 

Life....finds a way. 

I think I've heard that somewhere. Hmm. 

23 minutes ago, lod001 said:

good luck all:

A 42-year-old woman suffered paralysis of the lower body after receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

According to preliminary information, the nurse at the hospital on the island of Corfu has developed symptoms closely matching with the autoimmune neurological Guillain-Barré syndrome after receiving the second COVID-19 vaccination jab.

Guillain-Barré syndrome (a rare neurological disease in which the body’s immune system attacks the nerves, causing the patient to become paralysed and numb – usually in the arms and legs).

The mother of two, who is now in a wheelchair, has reportedly no previous underlying health issues.

Wow, must be a pretty safe vaccine if after millions have received it in the US alone, that you have to go to “the island of Corfu” to find a story from the past month where the vaccine might actually have something  to do with a serious adverse reaction!

21 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The coronavirus variant on the rise in New York City contains the same E484K mutation seen in variants in Brazil and South Africa believed to make COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapies less effective, as well as a mutation called S477N that helps it bind more tightly to cells when it breaks into them. 

Fock

25 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Oh and looks like her condition is improving.

In other news, apparently the Dr at that hospital in charge of the vaccinations apparently faked being paralyzed himself...

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/02/18/corfu-doctor-covid-19-jab-2/

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wow, must be a pretty safe vaccine if after millions have received it in the US alone, that you have to go to “the island of Corfu” to find a story from the past month where the vaccine might actually have something  to do with a serious adverse reaction!

I don't even think it is a real place.  I think it is one of the Slave Cities that Daenerys freed.