mmmmm...beer

The Vaccine.... appt next week.

Although they are available for us, I wasn't going to take it.  Talked to my doc (close friend).... called me a fool and said that's a mistake.  Although you are in relatively good shape... you're big boneded... have type 2 diabetus... and high BP.  You are in the high risk category... take it dummy.

So.... I guess I take the first one next week. 😠

Remember me when you see the commercials in a few years... "Were you dumb enough to take the first vaccines released back in earlh 2021?  If so... you could be entitiled to compensation."  😖

High risk for what?  The death cult has been selling this hard, but in the case of covid "high risk" really means, "should have been long dead already, and being kept alive by outside influence".  If your job was on the line, as it is for health care workers,  I can understand taking it. 

You have to take it to see what's in it.  Those who made it know it's effective against a relatively benign virus. They don't know what else it's capable of and have said so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

You have to take it to see what's in it.  .

:clap:

• Like 1

Got my first one last week. Arm hurt like the flu shot, some chills. Apparently the 2nd dose is stronger. Have to go back for that the beginning of February 

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

High risk for what?  

Dying of covid.:.

Pretty sure high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes are like literally the top 3 comorbidities.

Hope vaccine appt goes well OP

I'm not sure about the benefits.

If I get the shot, I might get CV symptoms, still be able to transmit the CV, still have to wear a mask, and still be on lock-down. That's not including the risk of Bells Palsy and convulsions.

There must be a reason for me to get the shot, but I can't see it. I'll take my 99.95% chances.

I commend you for your bravery respect your decision to get the shots. To each his own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

If I get the shot, I might get CV symptoms, still be able to transmit the CV, still have to wear a mask, and still be on lock-down. That's not including the risk of Bells Palsy and convulsions.

There must be a reason for me to get the shot, but I can't see it. I'll take my 99.95% chances.

I commend you for your bravery respect your decision to get the shots. To each his own.

You’re making an apples to oranges comparison.  You’re comparing your risk of getting symptoms from the vaccine to dying of covid.  

According to eldub’s favorite page on the CDC site, the IFR estimate is 0.02% for 20-49 years and 0.5% for 50-65 years.  Based on the % you cited, guessing you are about 45?  If you are older than that your risk is probably higher than you think.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You’re making an apples to oranges comparison.  You’re comparing your risk of getting symptoms from the vaccine to dying of covid.  

According to eldub’s favorite page on the CDC site, the IFR estimate is 0.02% for 20-49 years and 0.5% for 50-65 years.  Based on the % you cited, guessing you are about 45?  If you are older than that your risk is probably higher than you think.

Oops, my bad. Based on your post, I have a 99.98% chance of survival.

I'm not getting the shots, but respect your decision to do so.

My wife can’t get one her in MA yet and she works as a dental hygienist, but our prisoners are getting them.

If I have an opportunity to get one, I will get it. I get the flu shot and have received the shingles vaccine. 

12 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Oops, my bad. Based on your post, I have a 99.98% chance of survival.

I'm not getting the shots, but respect your decision to do so.

Well 20-49 is a big range.  Unless you’re a health care or maybe “essential” worker, it will probably be a little while before you’d be able get one anyway.

Yeah I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for healthy people under 40 not to get it.  Just my opinion obviously but if you’re over 40 or have any of the more common underlying conditions I think you’d be stupid not to.

They make appointments so they can check who you voted for.  If your a repub..you get the special vaccine

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Got my first one last week. Arm hurt like the flu shot, some chills. Apparently the 2nd dose is stronger. Have to go back for that the beginning of February 

Goes in the muscle...hence the soreness.

We might get some at the command. I had to see which of my employees would want it. 40% said yes.

I said yes just to keep my options open, but I'll probably decline if we do get some.

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

Bingo. What's the point if I still have to live with these stupid restrictions.

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

High risk for what?  The death cult has been selling this hard, but in the case of covid "high risk" really means, "should have been long dead already, and being kept alive by outside influence".  If your job was on the line, as it is for health care workers,  I can understand taking it. 

Listen to this guy. He clearly knows more than your doctor. :thumbsup: 

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Bingo. What's the point if I still have to live with these stupid restrictions.

The restrictions will go away once the metrics go down - which should happen if enough people get the vaccine

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The restrictions will go away once the metrics go down - which should happen if enough people get the vaccine

That's not what the are saying.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

If they would stop with the stupid "equity" requirements wrt to prioritizing who gets the vaccine first and simply gave it to those most at risk and worked down the list, the metrics would go down. 

Do you know which vaccine you get. Pfizer or Moderna?

Are they keeping track of the results of each one?

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

I got the moderna one

I'll pass.  Let's see some more side effects first.  Maybe in 5 years or so.

12 hours ago, MDC said:

Listen to this guy. He clearly knows more than your doctor. :thumbsup: 

:lol: Get it or don't. I guarantee I know as much about the vaccine as his doc,  meaning we both know nothing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

My GF got Bells Palsy back in June and is not still fully right. Not a good thing to get and know that is a side-affect of the vaccine. Count me out for now. When she first got it she looked liked that dude from Goonies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

My GF got Bells Palsy back in June and is not still fully right. Not a good thing to get and know that is a side-affect of the vaccine. Count me out for now. When she first got it she looked liked that dude from Goonies.

You probably should not date 80 year olds 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You probably should not date 80 year olds 

They are the only ones that think I have game! Her Dad had it years back so think it can be genetic too.

I wonder if I don't get it, work will let me work from home until retirement.  I would skip it for sure for that.

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

I'll be getting the Pfizer one.

Be sure to keep us posted when your wiener falls off as a side effect!!! 

kidding. Good for you for getting it. :) I am one of the last groups to be able to get one 

• Sad 1

Everyone here condemned the mostly peaceful protest at the capitol.  Little did we know, this was actually part of their plan to move up to the top of the list to get vaccinated.  Those crazy fockers don't seem so crazy now.

So... got it yesterday.  The 2nd shot is scheduled for the middle of next month.  

No side effects other than the injection site is a bit sore today.  Going to go lift soon, and we'll see if that works it out. 👍

5 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

So... got it yesterday.  The 2nd shot is scheduled for the middle of next month.  

No side effects other than the injection site is a bit sore today.  Going to go lift soon, and we'll see if that works it out. 👍

Maybe it will increase your 290 bench press up over 300lbs. :thumbsup: