Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

You did it !!! What was your accomplishment this week ???

Since Sunday is the first day of the week I guess my first accomplishment would be teaching you how a calendar works.  

• Haha 1

We took the kids to see some calf roping demonstrations yesterday. It was on a small working ranch where they then vaccinated the calfs. There were only a handful of families so the cowboys were explaining everything as they were doing it and the kids liked it.

Besides that, not much.

Hopefully next week i can go fishing.

I love seeing my suggestions implemented on my clients' menus...and selling well.

Fixed up my upstairs man cave this weekend. Still need to get my nephew to help me carry the couch up the stairs cause it’s too heavy and big for my wife to help 

41 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Fixed up my upstairs man cave this weekend. Still need to get my nephew to help me carry the couch up the stairs cause it’s too heavy and big for my wife to help 

The man cave can't be upstairs.  You just put a bean bag chair in the guest bedroom.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

The man cave can't be upstairs.  You just put a bean bag chair in the guest bedroom.

Our upstairs is one big floor. The previous owners used it as a guest bedroom but I wanted to turn it into a man cave. As soon as you’re coming up the stairs you see my led personalized man cave sign. It’s actually starting to turn out pretty cool. Plus it’s much bigger than the bedrooms so it’s perfect. Still need a fridge to put up there. Got one for the garage but I want to put one up there cause I’ll also have a wooden bar made for upstairs 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Our upstairs is one big floor. The previous owners used it as a guest bedroom but I wanted to turn it into a man cave. As soon as you’re coming up the stairs you see my led personalized man cave sign. It’s actually starting to turn out pretty cool. Plus it’s much bigger than the bedrooms so it’s perfect. Still need a fridge to put up there. Got one for the garage but I want to put one up there cause I’ll also have a wooden bar made for upstairs 

You should get one of those retro fridges. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Unique-Retro-21-6-in-9-cu-ft-Bottom-Freezer-Refrigerator-in-Candy-Red-ENERGY-STAR-UGP-275L-R-AC/309413817?  I had an old one in the basement of my house years ago that I planned to refinish and paint but it was too far gone so I got rid of it.  It was a one door fridge with a freezer inside.  It was cool and would have looked awesome had I been able to finish it.

23 minutes ago, fandandy said:

You should get one of those retro fridges. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Unique-Retro-21-6-in-9-cu-ft-Bottom-Freezer-Refrigerator-in-Candy-Red-ENERGY-STAR-UGP-275L-R-AC/309413817?  I had an old one in the basement of my house years ago that I planned to refinish and paint but it was too far gone so I got rid of it.  It was a one door fridge with a freezer inside.  It was cool and would have looked awesome had I been able to finish it.

That’s actually kinda cool. Was looking at getting one of those clear door fridges with the blue lights in it. My upstairs is going to be like an 80s video game theme. Neon lights, retro games (looking at getting an arcade game that has all the different games on it), classic game memorabilia, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

That’s actually kinda cool. Was looking at getting one of those clear door fridges with the blue lights in it. My upstairs is going to be like an 80s video game theme. Neon lights, retro games (looking at getting an arcade game that has all the different games on it), classic game memorabilia, etc. 

Don’t forget your trophies and championship rings. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t forget your trophies and championship rings. 

In storage. Plus it wouldn’t go with the theme :dunno: 

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

Since Sunday is the first day of the week I guess my first accomplishment would be teaching you how a calendar works.  

Yeah, first day of the week so my big accomplishment so far has been getting a good buzz on.  :cheers:

Bought 15k worth of bitcoin at 33.5

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Kegorator or fail.

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Kegorator or fail.

Might get one of those too but I want a fridge cause I’ll have more than just beer up there 

4 hours ago, fandandy said:

You are such a DB and an unfunny one at that

5 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

You are such a DB and an unfunny one at that

Not my fault.  All the funny ppl left in 2005.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Finally got my first firearm on Friday. The whole process took about 4 months. 

Jfc. That focking sucks. Here and in Texas it was easy to get one. Would never live somewhere that makes it’s that hard to get one 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Finally got my first firearm on Friday. The whole process took about 4 months. 

You prolly don't even wanna kill the b1tch anymore, do ya?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t bet the Browns. 

Bet on the Browns and made money.  :pointstosky:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bet on the Browns and made money.  :pointstosky:

Nice! 

Survived an hour and a half of cross country skiing and didn't die of a heartattact. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Nice.  :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's funny to think that back in 2000, when It first reached 200 K, I thought 'that' was amazing! 

You didn't ask to hear this, but whenever the subject comes up, I like to tell this story. Sometimes it pays to invest in trends you see with your own eyes.

Maybe this could help someone younger make a fortune in the future.

I'm guessing the year was 2002. I was a production technician at a fortune 500 container/packaging company. I went to give one of the baggers a break & she had a little gadget for playing music. I asked her "how many songs does it hold" about 2000 she told me. Apple iPod 

Shortly after, all the baggers had them, whoever was working in the quality assurance lab had one as well.

I knew this was going to be huge, so shortly after, I bought 200 shares of Apple @ around $24.00 a share. The rest is history. I sold some over the years to keep my portfolio diversified.

Had I held them all, I'd have another 3/4 of $1 million. But I'm not complaining :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Thanks. It's funny to think that back in 2000, when It first reached 200 K, I thought 'that' was amazing! 

You didn't ask to hear this, but whenever the subject comes up, I like to tell this story. Sometimes it pays to invest in trends you see with your own eyes.

Maybe this could help someone younger make a fortune in the future.

I'm guessing the year was 2002. I was a production technician at a fortune 500 container/packaging company. I went to give one of the baggers a break & she had a little gadget for playing music. I asked her "how many songs does it hold" about 2000 she told me. Apple iPod 

Shortly after, all the baggers had them, whoever was working in the quality assurance lab had one as well.

I knew this was going to be huge, so shortly after, I bought 200 shares of Apple @ around $24.00 a share. The rest is history. I sold some over the years to keep my portfolio diversified.

Had I held them all, I'd have another 3/4 of $1 million. But I'm not complaining :)

I have a similar experience. Years ago with Amazon I learned that they also had a music and video platform that was included in the annual fee. I would talk to people about it and nobody had a clue. I said to myself “this could be huge” and bought a good amount at $400-500 a share. Obviously, AMZN took off for more reasons than just what I was considering, but it was definitely my best investment in the stock market off my own instincts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This week its I got a job

Starting to work on that as well since I got like 4 months til school starts back 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This week its I got a job

Same thing? 

Have you thought about applying to be a plant operator?

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Same thing? 

Have you thought about applying to be a plant operator?

I have thought about it. They do not make as much and their overall benefits are typically not as good. But they do get vacation and PTO which we do not.

Plant operators are exposed to the nasty chemicals they make on a constant basis. Plus for the most part they sit around and do nothing. Most operators are naturally lazy people. I would probably go mad with boredom and being around people like that. Plus I would start out on nights and have to work my way up. I would only do something like that if there was a significant benefit.

Yesterday I found the nicest Meg tooth I have found in over 3 years and sold it before I was off the boat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

Yesterday I found the nicest Meg tooth I have found in over 3 years and sold it before I was off the boat.

pictures?