Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Disney Cruise in November?

I want to take the family to Disney this summer and maybe a Disney cruise in November.

I'm concerned there will still be a bunch of restrictions. First and foremost is the mask requirement. We do not need to rehash masks for the 20th time. There are plenty of threads for that argument. I don't care how you feel. I don't want to wear a mask all day especially when in the Bahamas. Note for the morons: If they require masks I won't go. I won't fight them on it.

So should I risk booking now? If I buy insurance can I cancel for any reason?

• Like 1

We were gonna do disney this spring.  You can cancel for full refund up to the week of your stay, plus the discounts are nice.  But you have to wear a mask and from everything I read, "the magic is gone"

So we're not going.  I don't care about wearing a mask but it's still not the same.

Also fock a cruise ship.

I’d ask a travel agent regarding the insurance/cancellation.

We’re heading to Florida for a week next Saturday. Masks are required in the airport and on the plane.

• Like 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

We were gonna do disney this spring.  You can cancel for full refund up to the week of your stay, plus the discounts are nice.  But you have to wear a mask and from everything I read, "the magic is gone"

So we're not going.  I don't care about wearing a mask but it's still not the same.

Also fock a cruise ship.

My FIL said the same thing last night. I've been on 5 cruises. The last was 15 years ago and enjoyed them all. It's definitely not for everyone. I think we would only go for a short 4 night trip.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

My FIL said the same thing last night. I've been on 5 cruises. The last was 15 years ago and enjoyed them all. It's definitely not for everyone. I think we would only go for a short 4 night trip.

I've never been on a cruise but always wanted to go when I was young.  That desire faded as I got older but now having seen the covid ships, no focking way.

Found this: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s1030-safe-responsible-ship-passenger-operations.html

“Framework for Conditional Sailing Order” as of Oct. 31.

That framework requires lines to address 74 points, which include building up testing sites on and off-ship, ensuring personnel are free of coronavirus and then performing at least one test sailing to simulate an actual cruise and prove its ability to sail safely.

Also, when lines do begin sailing, passengers will need to receive a negative COVID-19 test on both the day of sailing, and the day of return before disembarking.

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Healthy-Sail-Panel_Full-Recommendations_9.21.20_FINAL.pdf

Consumer insight surveys conducted by the cruise industry show that some guests are unwilling to
cruise if face coverings are required, while other consumers are unwilling to cruise if face masks are not
required. The limited experience this summer aboard European cruises has revealed that a significant
portion of guests wear face masks in public areas, even when they are not mandated. Therefore, in the
interest of limiting potential spread of virus, the Panel recommends that face coverings are a simple and
effective strategy that should be employed. The Panel recognizes that as disease prevalence goes down,
face covering requirements may be loosened over time based on the latest available scientific data,
public health agency recommendations, and risk modeling. However, in the initial period of sailing, they
are an important tool that should be regularly used.2

Alright, I'm not going to book. I think it'll take another year for the hysteria to die down.

Been a while since I’ve been on a cruise. But I’ve been on 4 and enjoyed them all :dunno: Nowadays though, I’d rather just spend a little more money and just book a room at a resort. That way I’m not limited to just a few hours on land. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney = Woke. Out for now. 

Everything is woke. Need to pick your battles. I have young kids so I just have to be careful what they consume.

I am not a cruise guy, but would love to charter a small sailboat/catamaran.  If that interests you at all, see if restrictions are different on a private charter

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Everything is woke. Need to pick your battles. I have young kids so I just have to be careful what they consume.

I’m picking this one. 

6 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I am not a cruise guy, but would love to charter a small sailboat/catamaran.  If that interests you at all, see if restrictions are different on a private charter

I want to do Marvel night and see princesses and doo all that sh1t for my kids.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Alright, I'm not going to book. I think it'll take another year for the hysteria to die down.

That will never happen. 

:headbanger:

if your kids are over 8 Universal is far better than Disney these days I have been 8 days in the past 5 months and they are running safe and flawlessly 

Went to our place in Kissimmee this past November, just booked the other day a trip for April vacation.  We went to Universal 3 days our last trip. Was glorious how few people that were there.  My son was 7, he went on everything but Hulk (too short barely)  Disney focking sucks.

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Went to our place in Kissimmee this past November, just booked the other day a trip for April vacation.  We went to Universal 3 days our last trip. Was glorious how few people that were there.  My son was 7, he went on everything but Hulk (too short barely)  Disney focking sucks.

It amazes me how many compare Disney to Universal and say the other one sucks.  They are just different.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It amazes me how many compare Disney to Universal and say the other one sucks.  They are just different.

Disney is for kids, mostly girl driven. Universal is for older kids, more geared towards boys.  Disney sucks for adults is what I really meant

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Disney is for kids, mostly girl driven. Universal is for older kids, more geared towards boys.  Disney sucks for adults is what I really meant

I've never been to Universal, but been to Disney couple of times and always enjoyed it.

My understanding is that if you want thrill rides and/or you like Harry Potter/Superheroes, go to Universal.  If you want a more immersive experience and like Disney, go to Disneyworld.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I've never been to Universal, but been to Disney couple of times and always enjoyed it.

My understanding is that if you want thrill rides and/or you like Harry Potter/Superheroes, go to Universal.  If you want a more immersive experience and like Disney, go to Disneyworld.

Disney is one park. Lots of girlie costumes and little girls love it. Adults like it too and that's fine. I have been there thrice in my life. Never again.

Universal is two parks.  (hard to do both in one day)

Universal studios - Revenge of the mummy, transformers,  minions,  men in black,  ET, dr seuss, simpsons, and jimmy kimmel

Universal Island of adventure - Jurassic park adventure, Hagrids bike ride, Hulk coaster, spider man, Skull island, Hipogriff, Dr Dooms fearfall etc.  (they are almost done with a new roller coaster for Jurassic park too)

Have been to universal 10+ times, mostly island of adventure

Also universal's new water park is absolutely incredible. It is huge.   They are also running a special where you buy a 12 month pass and get 3 months free. That pass is $14 more that a 2 day pass and you can save up to 30 percent on hotels

Wife and I upgraded from 2 day get 3 days free to annual passes and they refunded us $600 on our hotel stay because of it and have passes for a year

Just now, bandrus1 said:

Also universal's new water park is absolutely incredible. It is huge

Was closed in November, hopefully going in April

Technically Disney is 4 parks, not one.  You're probably thinking of Magic Kingdom, or Disneyland.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Technically Disney is 4 parks, not one.  You're probably thinking of Magic Kingdom, or Disneyland.

Correct.

Disney world is 4 parks and 2 water parks also Disney springs. Disney land is 2 parks

I don't disagree with everything else edjr said. Universal is more of an older kid/crowd park.

Universal has bigger faster rollercoasters.

That doesn't mean Disney doesn't have good rides though. 

The issue with disney especially right now is their line system. If you follow fan pages on facebook people are miserable... You can spend over $150 a day for hollywood studios and get locked out of even the ability to step foot on a star wars ride of you don't get a reservation right when they go out in the morning.

If you stay on site at the nice hotels at universal you get free express passes and you won't wait more than 20 mins for any ride and are guaranteed entry to every ride even if virtual. With the acception of hagrid's motor bike

Correct.

Disney world is 4 parks and 2 water parks also Disney springs. Disney land is 2 parks

I don't disagree with everything else edjr said. Universal is more of an older kid/crowd park.

Universal has bigger faster rollercoasters.

That doesn't mean Disney doesn't have good rides though. 

Correct, it comes down to what you want.  Hell I live close to both a six flags and hershey park, both of which have ridiculous roller coasters.  My kids don't really like roller coasters.  We go to Disney not for the roller coasters but for the whole experience.

Just now, bandrus1 said:

The issue with disney especially right now is their line system. If you follow fan pages on facebook people are miserable... You can spend over $150 a day for hollywood studios and get locked out of even the ability to step foot on a star wars ride of you don't get a reservation right when they go out in the morning.

If you stay on site at the nice hotels at universal you get free express passes and you won't wait more than 20 mins for any ride and are guaranteed entry to every ride even if virtual. With the acception of hagrid's motor bike

Disney used to have the fast pass thing but I heard they got rid of it due to covid, not sure why.

8 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

The same can be said for Disney with Fastpass+

As you said the latest and most popular ride Hagrids isn't guaranteed at Universal. Just like the star wars ride isn't guaranteed at Disney.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

The same can be said for Disney with Fastpass+

As you said the latest and most popular ride Hagrids isn't guaranteed at Universal. Just like the star wars ride isn't guaranteed at Disney.

If you take advantage of early entry at universal hagrid's is guaranteed

Also I was there last Sunday and Monday and rode it 6 times

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

If you take advantage of early entry at universal hagrid's is guaranteed

Also I was there last Sunday and Monday and rode it 6 times

Nice I hear it's amazing. I also don't think right now is a good comparison between the parks.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nice I hear it's amazing. I also don't think right now is a good comparison between the parks.

I agree right now they are running different than normal but it seems that if going now universal is the way to go..

Anyway yes Hagrid's is awesome. It malfunctions slot unfortunately but it is said to be the most complex ride system in the country

I did a seven day cruise on the Disney Magic. Family of five. $10k.

We had a suite with a balcony. The best part of the cruise for me was sitting on the balcony with a Scotch soda, watching the flying fish. 

It got overcast and drizzled when were at Castaway Cay. I was one of the few that got in the water. I had rented a mask, fins, and snorkel rig, and was going to use it. The visibility under water was excellent. 

We got five free passes to Disney World because we complained about our waiters. 

5 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I did a seven day cruise on the Disney Magic. Family of five. $10k.

We had a suite with a balcony. The best part of the cruise for me was sitting on the balcony with a Scotch soda, watching the flying fish. 

It got overcast and drizzled when were at Castaway Cay. I was one of the few that got in the water. I had rented a mask, fins, and snorkel rig, and was going to use it. The visibility under water was excellent. 

We got five free passes to Disney World because we complained about our waiters. 

What did or didn't the waiters do?

I like both disney world and universal, but I have no desire to step on a cruise even if it was free under ideal circumstances.

I have young kids as well and they could spend 7 complete days in a row on the beach.

Go to the keys and skip the cruise.

What did or didn't the waiters do?

They were overbearing and inept. I did not get my panties in a bunch over it, but one of the waiters took 5 y/o boys game boy away from him, and he cried. I just told him to him it back. My wife, on the other hand,  gave them a scathing review, and got us the tickets (which we sold to a neighborhood).

The waiters were from an Eastern European country that has very tall men. Some players from that country were in the NBA at the time.