Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Packers moved on fairly easily - so I'll be a good mood for at least 6 days. Cheers to everyone else  who still has a team in the tourney.  Other than football, got prepared for new couch being delivered today and that's it. Pretty non-productive weekend.

On this day in 1974 "$6 Million Man" starring Lee Majors premieres on ABC TV..

Have a great week, geeks. 

6 Million Dollar Man.  I am certain I watched every episode from day 1.  Slow Motion and sound effects were the first CGI. 

Loved that show, hard to believe it was that long ago.  We’ve got our sales kickoff this week; gone are the days of stumbling into a conference room after a night of drinking.  Now I stumble into my home office after a night of drinking.  :cheers: 

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

6 Million Dollar Man.  I am certain I watched every episode from day 1.  Slow Motion and sound effects were the first CGI. 

I used to run in slow motion in the back yard---my father thought I was insane, really he was just the first one to diagnose it. 

And as I type this, boss and owner of the company is telling everyone that she is planning on retiring in 2 years.  Time to dust off the resume.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

And as I type this, boss and owner of the company is telling everyone that she is planning on retiring in 2 years.  Time to dust off the resume.

Is the company not going to continue on?  :dunno: 

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Is the company not going to continue on?  :dunno: 

Yes, that is what she just told us.  I've been here for 16 years next month.  (Video production company branding & case studies, sales, marketing, training, social media videos).

The biggest concern I have is she has been the face, sales and liaison to every client. Nobody here really does sales, everyone is a production person.  We've been very stable, even durning Covid---we were only down 4% last year.  I worry that about future growth if she leaves.  

2nd the most likely scenario is that she sells the business to someone else. Unless that person has a video-production background, 90% of the time it doesn't work. It's a strange, niche business---and unless you have done it and understand it...it's very hard to sell and market. 
Have 18-24 months to see think about this and I'll be talking to the other silverbacks here about their thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes, that is what she just told us.  I've been here for 16 years next month.  (Video production company branding & case studies, sales, marketing, training, social media videos).

The biggest concern I have is she has been the face, sales and liaison to every client. Nobody here really does sales, everyone is a production person.  We've been very stable, even durning Covid---we were only down 4% last year.  I worry that about future growth if she leaves.  

2nd the most likely scenario is that she sells the business to someone else. Unless that person has a video-production background, 90% of the time it doesn't work. It's a strange, niche business---and unless you have done it and understand it...it's very hard to sell and market. 
Have 18-24 months to see think about this and I'll be talking to the other silverbacks here about their thoughts.

You guys should buy it. Keep her as a consultant. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

What about the equipment?  It seems that if you keep that and the staff together, you shouldn't have too much trouble maintaining the clients.  You guys should man up and buy it. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You guys should buy it. Keep her as a consultant. 

Bout 6 months ago me and the most other senior employee talked about this...we are not sure we can pull that off, but now that a transition is officially happening, I'm sure will be exploring this option more. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Bout 6 months ago me and the most other senior employee talked about this...we are not sure we can pull that off, but now that a transition is officially happening, I'm sure will be exploring this option more. 

There you go. She might go for it if she gets to stick around at her own pace. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think that can work if she is around to transition the sales/face of the firm role to someone else.  The problem will be finding that someone.  Sales and marketing are very different than the technical side.  Good luck.  I hope it works out for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Is that the fancy way of saying you make p0rn? 

57 minutes ago, DonS said:

Is that the fancy way of saying you make p0rn? 

Yep, their star is retiring. "The biggest concern I have is she has been the face, sales and liaison to every client", is obviously code for "can suck 2 cacks at once, while getting anal".  Tough position to fill.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yep, their star is retiring. "The biggest concern I have is she has been the face, sales and liaison to every client", is obviously code for "can suck 2 cacks at once, while getting anal".  Tough position to fill.

Good to hear that his Mom is finally retiring. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:57 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Before my time.  Is it worth watching now?

Probably not...  Probably way too cheesy looking...

23 minutes ago, posty said:

Probably not...  Probably way too cheesy looking...

Probably.  But, I thought that about the A-Team, but I found it to be an entertaining show when I watched it a few years ago.

So old coach removed, new couch arrives...and it's the wrong couch.  Was offered a discount to keep it, but I want the one I selected, so new couch gets picked up tomorrow and in three weeks, I might finally have the correct new couch. :wall:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

So old coach removed

What was the coaches record?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So old coach removed, new couch arrives...and it's the wrong couch.  Was offered a discount to keep it, but I want the one I selected, so new couch gets picked up tomorrow and in three weeks, I might finally have the correct new couch. :wall:

You should demand that discount for the inconvenience.  If you don't get it, tell them to cancel the order.