Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Buccaneers @ Packers NFC Championship Game Discussion

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

That was a hell of an acting job on that PI.

Yep difference between GB and TB receivers.  TB has been holding all game and the GB receivers just complained instead of exaggerating the play.

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Refs shouldn’t decide a game like this. BS. 

They should've called offsetting or something since the RT had the GB defensive end in a chokehold anyway.  

You can't let that stuff go all game and them let them off the hook because Tyler Johnson decided to flop.

I still can't believe they kicked that FG.  What the hell was he thinking?

TB can run another play and just take a safety to run out the clock

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

It does't even f'n matter.  GB couldn't capitlize on 3 brady interceptions so f@ck 'em.  I'm done with GB.  Brady is the GOAT, not Rodgers.

Super Bowl Contender 

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

Refs shouldn’t decide a game like this. BS. 

That was holding.  You literally saw Johnson's jersey being pulled.  It was obvious as day.  It was only called PI because the ball was in the air.  At the very least, even if Brady didn't throw that ball to him, that was defensive holding that everyone in the world saw.  Now, if you want to complain that the flag came in way too late, I agree... it should have been faster because the penalty was clearly made.

You don't see this play as being the same as the Saints game a couple years ago, when the refs didn't call that obvious PI play?

16 hours ago, nobody said:

They should've called offsetting or something since the RT had the GB defensive end in a chokehold anyway.  

You can't let that stuff go all game and them let them off the hook because Tyler Johnson decided to flop.

It wasn't the "flop" that created the PI call.  The defender pulled Tyler Johnson's jersey... he almost tore it off.  It was only called PI because the ball was in the air.  Had the ball not been thrown yet, then it would've been defensive holding.  This would have been the Saints/Rams game all over again if they didn't throw that flag.  Though, Tampa probably wouldn't have choked like the Saints did, so it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That was holding.  You literally saw Johnson's jersey being pulled.  It was obvious as day.  It was only called PI because the ball was in the air.  At the very least, even if Brady didn't throw that ball to him, that was defensive holding that everyone in the world saw.  Now, if you want to complain that the flag came in way too late, I agree... it should have been faster because the penalty was clearly made.

You don't see this play as being the same as the Saints game a couple years ago, when the refs didn't call that obvious PI play?

No, I saw the refs not calling a similar pull of the jersey by Tampa earlier in the game. With the game on the line they should have stayed consistent, plus the flag was late, which usually means the ref was influenced by someone or something. Should've let the game be decided by the players not an arbitrary whim. Brady probably promised him a BJ after the game...

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

No, I saw the refs not calling a similar pull of the jersey by Tampa earlier in the game. With the game on the line they should have stayed consistent, plus the flag was late, which usually means the ref was influenced by someone or something. Should've let the game be decided by the players not an arbitrary whim. Brady probably promised him a BJ after the game...

For both teams, the refs were holding their flags a lot the whole game.  I saw penalties on Tampa not called and I saw penalties on the Packers not called.  I think they were pretty consistent on that front.  On this play in particular, I do have an issue with them waiting so long, but that was one that needed to be called if they wanted to avoid the debacle from 2 (3?), years ago.  Everyone saw it.  The flag needed to be thrown.  It just took took long to come out.

People outside of Tampa wouldn't have complained about a no call because they didn't call people tugging jerseys all game.  Plus the ball was uncatchable, but they don't seem to call that anymore.

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, because Tampa aren't chokers like the Packers and Saints.  But still, when you see a defender almost rip the WR's jersey, you have to call that.  Holding is holding.  The ball didn't have to be deemed catchable to call holding.  The only reason it was called PI was because the ball was in the air.

Didn't King grab the jersey twice? I thought he had it with his left hand, lost it, then grabbed again with his right hand. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, because Tampa aren't chokers like the Packers and Saints.  But still, when you see a defender almost rip the WR's jersey, you have to call that.  Holding is holding.  The ball didn't have to be deemed catchable to call holding.  The only reason it was called PI was because the ball was in the air.

They called PI

Just now, nobody said:

They called PI

Because the ball was in the air when the penalty happened.  At that point, it's pass interference.

Was it though?  It would be up to the ref to determine if the hold made the ball uncatchable.  Let's be fair, if you have a guy pulling your shirt, you are going to slow down a lot, aren't you?

If the Packers hadn't played the end of the first half like a team full of weepaws, they wouldn't have to count on getting a ticky tack call to go their way in the homestretch.

• Like 1

Preach!  Even if they got the ball back Lefleur would've probably kicked another field goal inside the 10.

Aaron Rodgers :lol:  chokes another one away. Laughable people say he is better than Brady. Bwahahahaha

On 1/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, nobody said:

It is 4th and 8 and Aaron Rodgers chokes in the clutch. That is what he was thinking. Smarten up

Nice pass to Adams on that 1st and goal. What a 🤡

On 1/24/2021 at 5:47 PM, nobody said:

Packers offense better wake up if they want to win this.  TB defense is abusing them and instead of fighting back, they're begging for calls.

Rodgers sucks. 

If there were aliens coming down in a year, and to save earth we had to beat them, and they gave us a bunch of tape on how they play.  Yes, I definitely take the nerd who would study the tape non-stop for a year and figure out a way to beat them.

If there were aliens coming down tomorrow and to save earth we had to beat them in a football game, I'd rather have Rodgers.

Yeah you can take Rodgers vs the aliens football team, but against another nfl team, I’ll take the Goat. N

As much as Rodgers looked iffy this game isn’t also fair to say that Brady also did his part to facilitate a big comeback by GB? Three bad picks in the second half? Bad throws.  Just bad. What about that? IMO, neither QB looked all world to me and their age showed. Tampa is going to the SB mostly because of their defense and suspect competition. KC looks infinitely better than anything the NFC can offer.  

Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady , Rodgers, anyone at this stage. 

13 hours ago, edjr said:

It is 4th and 8 and Aaron Rodgers chokes in the clutch. That is what he was thinking. Smarten up

Nice pass to Adams on that 1st and goal. What a 🤡

Actually, I thought that was a perfect pass.  He put it right where only Adams could get it.  That was an easy score and Adams screwed up.

2 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

As much as Rodgers looked iffy this game isn’t also fair to say that Brady also did his part to facilitate a big comeback by GB? Three bad picks in the second half? Bad throws.  Just bad. What about that? IMO, neither QB looked all world to me and their age showed. Tampa is going to the SB mostly because of their defense and suspect competition. KC looks infinitely better than anything the NFC can offer.  

2019 Winston 33 tds and 30 ints. 

2020 Brady 40 tds and 12 ints. 

That helped out the Bucs def. 

I think you're exaggerating this quite a bit here.

• The first interception was bad.  No doubt about this one.  Brady should have thrown this one more towards the sideline.
  • The second one was Evans' fault 100%.  He made a lazy.  Evans made a half azzed attempt at a jump and it grazed the top of his fingers.  He could have easily caught that ball.
  • The third one was a blitz that Fournette didn't read and Brady had to heave it.  It was on 3rd down, so they were going to punt anyway if the pass was incomplete.  Based on how Pinion was kicking on Sunday, that Int cost the Bucs about 10 yards.  The problem was the play call.  It was 3rd and 2 from their own 46 yard line.  Tampa had success all game running right.  The Packers chose that play to blitz from the right.  If Leftwich wanted to change things up, which he did, he should have called a play that ran the RB out in the flat to the right.  Had done that, the blitzer would have had to make a decision... continue on to Brady or cover Fournette.  If he covers Fournette, Brady had Evans wide open for 30+ yards.  If the defender goes after Brady, Fournette is wide open in the flat to run for 20+ yards.  It was a bad play call and a bad read in the backfield by Fournette.  Brady threw one up figuring there was no danger.  Either he completes the pass, throws it incomplete, or it gets intercepted and acts as a punt.  On top of that, you can tell that Evans ran the wrong route... or at least not the route Brady thought he should have run.  On the sideline, Brady was talking to him and Evans was nodding his head.

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

:lol:   3 years vs 20   you're a  🤡

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Actually, I thought that was a perfect pass.  He put it right where only Adams could get it.  That was an easy score and Adams screwed up.

of course it was. Aaron Rodgers is god. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

That part, I think he got right.  I'd much rather have Mahomes than any of the other guys right now.

Aaron Rodgers 4th quarter this weekend

12:20 - 10:39 3 and out  Punt

9:15 - 8:10  3 and outPunt

4:42 - 2:05 FG

What a choker. 2, 3 and outs. Stop it, he sucks. he can't win the big one. I would rather have Eli Manning

How did the bucs win that game? Aaron Rodgers sucks, that's how.

Bottom line was that the Bucs generated a consistent pass rush and Green Bay didn't. I thought that was the primary difference in the game. That, and GB's ineffectiveness inside the 10 on several occasions. 

2 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

Bottom line was that the Bucs generated a consistent pass rush and Green Bay didn't. I thought that was the primary difference in the game. That, and GB's ineffectiveness inside the 10 on several occasions. 

Tampa just matches up well against Green Bay.  They play that game 10 times, Tampa wins 7 of them.  In 18 games this season, Rodgers got sacked 25 times... 9 of those sacks came from the 2 games against the Bucs.  Of his 6 Int's, 3 came against Tampa.  It is what it is.  It doesn't mean that Rodgers sucks and Tampa's awesome, it's just that sometimes there are teams that just have the right pieces to play against you.

19 hours ago, edjr said:

Read the whole post, moron.  At. This. Stage. 

20 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you're exaggerating this quite a bit here.

• The first interception was bad.  No doubt about this one.  Brady should have thrown this one more towards the sideline.
  • The second one was Evans' fault 100%.  He made a lazy.  Evans made a half azzed attempt at a jump and it grazed the top of his fingers.  He could have easily caught that ball.
  • The third one was a blitz that Fournette didn't read and Brady had to heave it.  It was on 3rd down, so they were going to punt anyway if the pass was incomplete.  Based on how Pinion was kicking on Sunday, that Int cost the Bucs about 10 yards.  The problem was the play call.  It was 3rd and 2 from their own 46 yard line.  Tampa had success all game running right.  The Packers chose that play to blitz from the right.  If Leftwich wanted to change things up, which he did, he should have called a play that ran the RB out in the flat to the right.  Had done that, the blitzer would have had to make a decision... continue on to Brady or cover Fournette.  If he covers Fournette, Brady had Evans wide open for 30+ yards.  If the defender goes after Brady, Fournette is wide open in the flat to run for 20+ yards.  It was a bad play call and a bad read in the backfield by Fournette.  Brady threw one up figuring there was no danger.  Either he completes the pass, throws it incomplete, or it gets intercepted and acts as a punt.  On top of that, you can tell that Evans ran the wrong route... or at least not the route Brady thought he should have run.  On the sideline, Brady was talking to him and Evans was nodding his head.

The Evan’s throw was high too, I thought. But, I can see your point.  I also don’t think the "chuck and duck" throw was smart either.  I’m just saying that Tom is clearly not in his prime any longer and it’s obvious that this Bucs defense is for real and is a huge part of why they are here. Not saying Tom is doing his part or that his presence doesn’t add something. It does. But the idea that he’s carrying this team on his back if any one is insinuating that is just totally false. IMO, you put any competent NFL QB back there and I believe TB a would still be playing in the super bowl. Notice I said competent QB...not just any QB so don’t misread that. ;)

The Evan’s throw was high too, I thought. But, I can see your point.  I also don’t think the "chuck and duck" throw was smart either.  I’m just saying that Tom is clearly not in his prime any longer and it’s obvious that this Bucs defense is for real and is a huge part of why they are here. Not saying Tom is doing his part or that his presence doesn’t add something. It does. But the idea that he’s carrying this team on his back if any one is insinuating that is just totally false. IMO, you put any competent NFL QB back there and I believe TB a would still be playing in the super bowl. Notice I said competent QB...not just any QB so don’t misread that. ;)

I don't think anyone is saying that Brady is playing like in his prime, nor is anyone saying that Brady is carrying this team on his back.  The thing is, I don't think the defense is carrying the team either.  Week to week players and groups step up.  I think Brady is the cause of that.  His presence and performance has had a huge impact on every player and coach in the locker room.  No one in that building commands the respect that he does.

What is your definition of "competent QB"?  I ask that because, not counting Brady, I think outside of Rodgers, Wilson, or Mahomes, this team is not in the Super Bowl in this year.  My reasoning?  Bruce Arians and Byron Leftwich are yielding a TON of control of the offense to Brady.  What QB, other than 3 I just mentioned do you think would have gotten such treatment?  To note, I don't think that Mahomes would have gotten the same treatment that Brady got.  I just think that his play would have made up for it.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What is your definition of "competent QB"?

One that would have led the Bucs to the SuperBowl if Brady had not been there.

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

One that would have led the Bucs to the SuperBowl if Brady had not been there.

That's an extremely small list... one that contains only 2 or 3 other QB's.

Mahomes, Rodgers, everyone keeps telling Deshaun Watson is great so let's put him in here, DangeRuss.