Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Buccaneers @ Packers NFC Championship Game Discussion

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's an extremely small list... one that contains only 2 or 3 other QB's.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of cheating for him to add that little qualifier too, but if that's the point he wants to make, it's his to make.

On 1/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't think anyone is saying that Brady is playing like in his prime, nor is anyone saying that Brady is carrying this team on his back.  The thing is, I don't think the defense is carrying the team either.  Week to week players and groups step up.  I think Brady is the cause of that.  His presence and performance has had a huge impact on every player and coach in the locker room.  No one in that building commands the respect that he does.

What is your definition of "competent QB"?  I ask that because, not counting Brady, I think outside of Rodgers, Wilson, or Mahomes, this team is not in the Super Bowl in this year.  My reasoning?  Bruce Arians and Byron Leftwich are yielding a TON of control of the offense to Brady.  What QB, other than 3 I just mentioned do you think would have gotten such treatment?  To note, I don't think that Mahomes would have gotten the same treatment that Brady got.  I just think that his play would have made up for it.

Competent meaning obviously proven players like the ones you mentioned but I’d also throw in Josh Allen, Rivers, Big Ben, Brees maybe a few others too.  I hear ya though on running the offense and perhaps that an area where Toms veteran status helps him. Either way, the Bucs are an interesting team for sure.  Not sure if they can keep up with KC right now though who seem to have numerous way to kill you. 

Bucs will win the Super Bowl