Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Martin Luther King Jr

Today is a national holiday in remembrance of a man who should be celebrated... but isn't.  Even by the people most affected by his contributions to our society, they are the least appreciative.  Why?  Because he fought (and died), for equality.  He fought (and died), for acceptance based on the content of their character and not the color of their skin.  Why is he not celebrated properly?  Because a segment of this country thing people should be judge by the color of their skin and not the content of their character and that certain people should get preferential treatment, not equal treatment.  It's sad to see how a man who should be celebrated is actually ignored.

In today's climate, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, would be alt-right for saying color doesn't matter, but how you act does.

My fav quote of his is,"Darkness cannot drive out darkness,only light can do that.Hate cannot drive out hate,only love can do that.

Who dat? new phone

Somewhere there are some grinning whiteys singing "We Shall Overcome" for the 50th year in a row, knowing full well they like things exactly as they are. 

Non believers must think MLK was out of his mind:

"In the midst of outer dangers I have felt an inner calm and known resources of strength that only God could give. In many instances I have felt the power of God transforming the fatigue of despair into the buoyancy of hope."

“I long for the day when a person can be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their hat” 

Complaining about politics on MLK Day. Exactly how Dr. King would have wanted it. :thumbsup:

The Baby Jesus was smiling down on the GC slapfights on XMas too. :wub: 

Just now, MDC said:

Complaining about politics on MLK Day. Exactly how Dr. King would have wanted it. :thumbsup:

🐮

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Then stop complaining.  No one else in here is. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

As you watched 3 basketball games. Did you take a family picture? Who held the remote? 

In the climate of today it is even easier to admire him, he was one of the greatest Americans, ever....

Actually, color does matter and he was fully aware that color mattered (it’s only 2 minutes, you can do it):

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

Actually, color does matter and he was fully aware that color mattered (it’s only 2 minutes, you can do it):

Ok. Then we can just focus on color for the rest of our lives. Blacks are great, whites are evil. Even though it was black people who enslaved and then sold those  other black people into slavery. 

Good job. Let's riot.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Today is a national holiday in remembrance of a man who should be celebrated... but isn't.  

Read what you wrote, a national holiday for a guy is isn’t celebrated?  You can move your lips when you read that if you have to

5 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Read what you wrote, a national holiday for a guy is isn’t celebrated?  You can move your lips when you read that if you have to

Turn around, there's a spot on the wall... above your head.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

The 1960's called, they want us to know that decade is over and the world is a different place, its also different than from the 40's, and the 70's.....its just that some people need to believe the reason segments of society struggle has nothing to do with their behaviors....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Weren't you the one to say that you wish people would stop referring to others by their color?

Crazy. 

I wonder what MLK would say today about the enabled black folks in this country not taking advantage of life while they live free?

I think he was a good man and I have many respect for him. He was doing good things for his race and why J Edgar took him out. I won't march for BLM but would have with or for him.

17 hours ago, MDC said:

Who?

14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Weren't you the one to say that you wish people would stop referring to others by their color?

Crazy. 

I wonder what MLK would say today about the enabled black folks in this country not taking advantage of life while they live free?

The clinging to victimization is just weird.....

Just now, RLLD said:

It's easier to blame someone else than to take accountability for ones own actions.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I'm sure some people just love it but for the majority to do so...? That is the crazy part.

And now the left wants to reprogram Trump voters to think the same way. That shlt is dangerous.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm sure some people just love it but for the majority to do so...? That is the crazy part.

And now the left wants to reprogram Trump voters to think the same way. That shlt is dangerous.

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the use of "reprogramming", a little too close to North Korea on that one for the Dems I think....

Just now, RLLD said:

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the use of "reprogramming", a little too close to North Korea on that one for the Dems I think....

A California Democrats regional director suggested Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s supporters should be deprogrammed through post World War II reconstruction tactics.

“No seriously…how *do* you deprogram 75 million people,” California Democrats regional director and Democratic National Convention member David Atkins tweeted Wednesday. “Where do you start? Fox? Facebook? We have to start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan. Or the failures of Reconstruction in the South.”

“This is not your standard partisan policy disagreement,” he continued. “This is a conspiracy theory fueled belligerent death cult against reality & basic decency. The only actual policy debates of note are happening within the dem coalition between left and center left.”

The California Democrat director noted that he saw that some conservatives were “upset by some of the responses here.”. . .

“And yeah, many are out of line,” he tweeted. “But what do you expect people to do in self-preservation? The Right has been running 4 years on ‘f**k your feelings, my conspiracy theories are valid opinions, and we have more guns.’”

Atkins said that conservatives are giving themselves the coronavirus “just to own the libs” and “dying in COVID wards insisting they don’t have COVID because it must be a liberal plot.”

Katie Couric also thinks Trump voters need to be de-programmed.  ABC’s head political editor used “cleansing” instead. This is how we talk now. Oh yeah, Katie Couric will be hosting jeopardy. 

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

A California Democrats regional director suggested Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s supporters should be deprogrammed through post World War II reconstruction tactics.

“No seriously…how *do* you deprogram 75 million people,” California Democrats regional director and Democratic National Convention member David Atkins tweeted Wednesday. “Where do you start? Fox? Facebook? We have to start thinking in terms of post-WWII Germany or Japan. Or the failures of Reconstruction in the South.”

“This is not your standard partisan policy disagreement,” he continued. “This is a conspiracy theory fueled belligerent death cult against reality & basic decency. The only actual policy debates of note are happening within the dem coalition between left and center left.”

The California Democrat director noted that he saw that some conservatives were “upset by some of the responses here.”. . .

“And yeah, many are out of line,” he tweeted. “But what do you expect people to do in self-preservation? The Right has been running 4 years on ‘f**k your feelings, my conspiracy theories are valid opinions, and we have more guns.’”

Atkins said that conservatives are giving themselves the coronavirus “just to own the libs” and “dying in COVID wards insisting they don’t have COVID because it must be a liberal plot.”

Liberal places are desperate to do this.  The demographics of the US has shifted from a Pension based retirement base to a SS based retirement base.  In other words, wealthy areas have been supported by pension (private) money and are shifting to SS (public) money for taxes and spending.  Unsustainable.  Expect property values to decrease greatly in those wealthy areas while tax money starts to dry up as people move.  The re-education they speak of is getting people with money to remain in areas that use them as hosts.  And it WILL be done forcefully if necessary.  

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Correct, that is what I was referring to, and yes Couric echoed it, didnt realize she was still alive

22 hours ago, RLLD said:

The 1960's called, they want us to know that decade is over and the world is a different place, its also different than from the 40's, and the 70's.....its just that some people need to believe the reason segments of society struggle has nothing to do with their behaviors....

The decade may be over but living conditions, behaviors and feelings still exist. No one is fighting to sit in front of the bus but there is still problems in this country and it is not the fault of the people born into the segregated impoverished situations they were born in and you know it and everyone knows it. Just stop it already. 

1 minute ago, peenie said:

The decade may be over but living conditions, behaviors and feelings still exist. No one is fighting to sit in front of the bus but there is still problems in this country and it is not the fault of the people born into the segregated impoverished situations they were born in and you know it and everyone knows it. Just stop it already. 

Racism starts in the home, not in society.  Address your house first.  Both races need to do that.  Legislation won't help that, it'll make it worse.

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Racism starts in the home, not in society.  Address your house first.  Both races need to do that.  Legislation won't help that, it'll make it worse.

Please explain this in detail. What type of racism do you imagine exists in a black household? The racism that needs to be addressed?

Like, what factors do you believe are responsible for the fate of the millions of impoverished black people that are their own fault?

I'm so irritated right now. I'm so over the complete ignorance and utter lack of awareness of you and know-it-alls like yourself. Please impart your wisdom about the race problems in the black community that keep them from succeeding. 

Just now, peenie said:

Please explain this in detail. What type of racism do you imagine exists in a black household? 

Imagine?  I don't imagine anything.  It's all over the news.  There's countless stories of black people saying that they were taught as kids that white people don't like them.  That's going to breed hate.  That's racism.

We had a black president in office for 8 years.  We now have a "woman of color" as the VP.  

We had 28 arrested and 11 officers injured in a MLK rally in NYC the other day.

Your parents and grandparents would be ashamed.  

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine?  I don't imagine anything.  It's all over the news.  There's countless stories of black people saying that they were taught as kids that white people don't like them.  That's going to breed hate.  That's racism.

Being taught that white people don't like you is historical not a figment of imagination. 

Just now, peenie said:

Being taught that white people don't like you is historical not a figment of imagination. 

Being taught that it happened it historically accurate. Being taught that it's still happening, is a figment of imagination.  White people, as a whole, don't hate black people.  Are there white people who do?  Absolutely.  But let's not pretend it's more than what it is.  It's a miniscule part of the population that's being exaggerated to push a political narrative.  There are no policies being put into law to keep black people out of anything simply because they're black.  We had Affirmative Action that did the exact opposite.  We have schools lowering standards for black people.  We have social services in black that help black people more than any other race.  We have HBCU's... are there any HWCU's?  HHCU's?  HACU's?