Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Okay So How Did Trump End Up With Pence ?

He was probably the only one that went, “Ugh. Fine, guys. I guess I’ll do it. 🙄” 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Seems like to me he would have got a VP that was a less establishment like him. Maybe a Rand Paul type.

Would he have won with Rand Paul in 2016?

I tend to think the pick worked perfect!  He freaking won.  WTF?

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Would he have won with Rand Paul in 2016?

I tend to think the pick worked perfect!  He freaking won.  WTF?

Good point so he had to gave a old dog Republican to back him.

When you're a CEO of a company you should pick a VP that is different than you. So Trump Pence were a good match. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I was rooting for Newt.  I wonder how he would have been as VP.

Should have been chief of staff. Trump messed up on that one. Numerous times. Never should have let Ivanka and Jared run off Bannon either. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Should have been chief of staff. Trump messed up on that one. Numerous times. Never should have let Ivanka and Jared run off Bannon either. 

Not sure if you're aware but he has a show on Real America's Voice and the same on a podcast.  It's getting popular so only a matter of time before they silence him.

https://rumble.com/c/BannonsWarRoom

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Not sure if you're aware but he has a show on Real America's Voice and the same on a podcast.  It's getting popular so only a matter of time before they silence him.

https://rumble.com/c/BannonsWarRoom

I do. He’s great. Newsmax took him off for some reason. Hes why I ever looked at that network. 

pandering pick to the religious right and establishment gop, also what Cdub said sort of.  the gop probably wanted that, but Trump wasn't going to listen to anybody, so he got push over Pence.

It makes more sense to have a VP who knows something about politics. His VP should have been Kid Rock or something?

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

pandering pick to the religious right and establishment gop, also what Cdub said sort of.  the gop probably wanted that, but Trump wasn't going to listen to anybody, so he got push over Pence.

What's really interesting is that, if you are selecting a veep to pander to a different part of the party base from Trump, they selected a guy with no military experience.  The military is so out-of-favor that the last person with military experience on a ticket was John McCain in 2008.  Serving is practically a black mark against you these days.

Imagine if Rudy had been his running mate.  

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

What's really interesting is that, if you are selecting a veep to pander to a different part of the party base from Trump, they selected a guy with no military experience.  The military is so out-of-favor that the last person with military experience on a ticket was John McCain in 2008.  Serving is practically a black mark against you these days.

I would say you are going to far there, but at the same time valid point.  its less of a need for voters.