Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Steelers to sign QB Dwayne Haskins

That didn't take too long.

Many were saying Haskins playing days in the NFL could be over but apparently he's signing a one year deal with the Steelers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30753883/source-ex-washington-qb-dwayne-haskins-agrees-pittsburgh-steelers

One of the last teams that I would have thought that would  picked  him up. 

Mason Rudolph/Dwayne Haskins/Josh Dobbs+ coming off 2 consecutive losses to the Cleveland Browns. How the mighty have fallen...

Maybe he thinks the strip clubs are better or at least more of them in Pittsburgh than in Washington, lol. 

I think this is a good signing.  If Haskins is solely the problem, then no place will workout for him and he'll be permanently unemployed relatively soon.  However, if the situation in Washington was the issue, then Pittsburgh will likely be a better fit.  Roethlisberger has 1 more year left on his deal and I think he plays it out.  He has a cap hit of $22M if he plays and $19M if he retires, so I think it's beneficial for both Ben and the Steelers that he comes back.  Haskins can sit for a year behind Ben and learn.  He can be with an organization that has had a lot of success.  If he puts in the work, maybe in 2022 he can compete for the starting job and resurrect his career.

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I think this is a good signing.  If Haskins is solely the problem, then no place will workout for him and he'll be permanently unemployed relatively soon.  However, if the situation in Washington was the issue, then Pittsburgh will likely be a better fit.  Roethlisberger has 1 more year left on his deal and I think he plays it out.  He has a cap hit of $22M if he plays and $19M if he retires, so I think it's beneficial for both Ben and the Steelers that he comes back.  Haskins can sit for a year behind Ben and learn.  He can be with an organization that has had a lot of success.  If he puts in the work, maybe in 2022 he can compete for the starting job and resurrect his career.

Well, the managment in Washington has been a Train Wreck since before they drafted RGIII.  

It is a very real possibility that the problem is the team and the organization.  Not the player.

I dont Deny, its also possible the player is partly responsible as well.

But Pittsburgh saw enough to think they'd like to give him a shot.   if I were in need of a QB and felt he could be rehabbed by playing backup to the current starter then he could be the guy who takes over for Rothlisberger if and when he retires.  Its a good situation for Haskins to learn in a lower pressure environment.

Potentially this is a good move for both parties.

I agree with both AxeElf and Ray_T on Haskins. After all wasn't Haskins just a one year starter, I could be wrong, while he was in college? So in terms of experience seems like he's still pretty green and that is something coaching can help with. Hopefully his poor decision making off the field is simply immaturity and ego.                                            So, he's fortunate to have gotten a second chance to redeem himself and he's in a good situation in Pittsburgh with Big Ben's career near the end. If he realizes what an opportunity he has and works hard he.has a chance to maybe be a starting QB again. Pretty sure he'll be on a short leash on and definitely OFF the field. If he has a penchant  for strip clubs and continues to go there his youthful exuberance  and stupidity could put him on the outside looking in.

I just love going back and finding stuff like this on overrated players a few years after they’ve failed in epic fashion:

The ticketed 300-person draft party on Thursday night—a production of the Haskins & Haskins Group—was just a taste of the big things Washington’s first-round pick and his family envision for the future. Welcome to the NFL’s new era, where the face of the franchise is also a franchise in his own right.

Super Bowl Contender 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 5:00 AM, DocNiner said:

If he has a penchant  for strip clubs and continues to go there his youthful exuberance  and stupidity could put him on the outside looking in.

if he has a penchant for strip clubs he may fit right in.  Didnt Rothlisberger get into trouble at a strip club some years back?

maybe the QB's could bond over their strip club misadventures.....

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if he has a penchant for strip clubs he may fit right in.  Didnt Rothlisberger get into trouble at a strip club some years back?

maybe the QB's could bond over their strip club misadventures.....

Yes he did get himself in a little jam because of it but it eventually died down and hardly anybody cares what he did since he's won 2 superbowls. Don't think Haskins is gonna win 2. Though Big Ben can school him on the clubs to avoid. Now with that info Dwayne corrals a group of pole sliders at Halloween in costumes, less conspicuous, to.come around to the back of the house into his basement maneuvered.             Then, you can hear his mother cry out "D Wayne who you got down there screaming like a banshee?"  I'm just auditioning some people for the masked singer momma. ATTA BOY DWAYNE!!!       lol haha lol.

5 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Yes he did get himself in a little jam because of it but it eventually died down and hardly anybody cares what he did since he's won 2 superbowls. Don't think Haskins is gonna win 2. Though Big Ben can school him on the clubs to avoid. Now with that info Dwayne corrals a group of pole sliders at Halloween in costumes, less conspicuous, to.come around to the back of the house into his basement maneuvered.             Then, you can hear his mother cry out "D Wayne who you got down there screaming like a banshee?"  I'm just auditioning some people for the masked singer momma. ATTA BOY DWAYNE!!!       lol haha lol.

You have quite the rich imagination.

Well just taking advantage of some the goofball crap some of these young nfl players do. Have to say they end up doing some funny shiot.