Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Hank Aaron passed away

Just now, bandrus1 said:

What he went through chasing Ruth was terrible. This is one of the great American Photos. Packed with a single bag as a teen headed to the negro league

https://themuseumfreak.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/aaron-henry-ed-scott-photo-train-station-600-dpi.jpg

It was much more than a game to those guys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What a player.  Homers, gold gloves, silver bats. He should still have HR record.  

He would if he had hit more home runs that Bonds...

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What a player.  Homers, gold gloves, silver bats. He should still have HR record.  

He does as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, posty said:

He would if he had hit more home runs that Bonds...

Oh yeah, that guy that didnt break 25 HR in his first 5 seasons then hit 73 in one year?  Yeah, I remember him.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

755 and 714. The real numbers 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Oh yeah, that guy that didnt break 25 HR in his first 5 seasons then hit 73 in one year?  Yeah, I remember him.

Yep...  The all-time home run leader career and for a season...

MLB's real home run king. Hit home runs with his strength, not roided up like pumpkin head Bonds.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I am sure that MLB will get right on that since you think Aaron has the record...

But it will be 762 until someone breaks it...

Just now, posty said:

I am sure that MLB will get right on that since you think Aaron has the record...

But it will be 762 until someone breaks it...

If they're going to include Negro League stats, MLB's opinion isn't really worth anything anyway.  It's Hank Aaron.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If they're going to include Negro League stats, MLB's opinion isn't really worth anything anyway.  It's Hank Aaron.

The stats that MLB is including from the Negro League does not include the time when Aaron played...

You can say Aaron, and there will be many that will agree with you, but you will still be incorrect...

1 minute ago, posty said:

The stats that MLB is including from the Negro League does not include the time when Aaron played...

You can say Aaron, and there will be many that will agree with you, but you will still be incorrect...

It's still Hank.

RIP

Scully with the call

Someone should look up those 2 fockfaces who ran onto the field and go punch them in the face today.  

• Like 1

Great line about Aaron: Babe Ruth did it with hot dogs and beer, Bonds did it with steroids, Aaron did it with class. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I saw a suggestion that the Braves should change their name to the Atlanta Hammers.  I like it.

I could buy into that name. You toss the Braves into the garbage can since the woketards speak for them and know what is best and you replace with the greatest HR hitter ever.

Maybe make the hammer on the baseball cap, coming down on an indian's head? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I saw a suggestion that the Braves should change their name to the Atlanta Hammers.  I like it.

Ugh, that is horrible...  Braves is just fine...  I hope what they said that they will never change it, they keep to their word...

He got the COVID vaccine two weeks ago... :ninja:

1 minute ago, posty said:

Ugh, that is horrible...  Braves is just fine...  I hope what they said that they will never change it, they keep to their word...

I'm good with it remaining Braves but if they decided to change it to Hammers I think it's a pretty good fit.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm good with it remaining Braves but if they decided to change it to Hammers I think it's a pretty good fit.

I could probably get used to that idea...  That would probably be a lot better than some of the alternatives that would be mentioned...

He owns my favorite quirky baseball stat of all time.

He hit .305 with 755 home runs and 6,856 total bases—more than 700 total bases beyond everyone else. The gap between Aaron and No. 2 on the list, Stan Musial, is more than 12 miles worth of bases

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He owns my favorite quirky baseball stat of all time.

He hit .305 with 755 home runs and 6,856 total bases—more than 700 total bases beyond everyone else. The gap between Aaron and No. 2 on the list, Stan Musial, is more than 12 miles worth of bases

Pretty cool stat...  If Bonds didn't walk so much, he would probably have been in second all-time for total bases, but I would guess still miles away...

Anyone think Ted Williams might have beaten Ruth if he didn’t lose years to the war/wars. Mays too. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone think Ted Williams might have beaten Ruth if he didn’t lose years to the war/wars. Mays too. 

200ish in 5 years was obtainable but highly unlikely

43 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

200ish in 5 years was obtainable but highly unlikely

I’d he were closer he may have hung around. Hit 29 his last year. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He got the COVID vaccine two weeks ago... :ninja:

Yep.  They killed off one of the good ones.  Oooooppppsss. 

It’s sad that this sports forum has political threads pages long and on the day Henry Aaron passes away there is on 38 replies. 

Speaking about Hank - his former teammate Davey Johnson is in a Florida hospital battling COVID-19