MDC

I got a new dog!

Meh,  you'll just end up killing this one too.  :(

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

You people must have grown up around some pretty shltty family and friends and such to rank the dogs in your life as >>> people.

I guess while all you were growing up letting your dogs lick the inside of your mouths and other things I was enjoying friends, family, and letting human females I met along the way lick the inside of my mouth and other things.

To each his own I guess. :dunno:

Or you could just watch the news.

I've never seen pitbulls take over the city of Seattle for months at a time, holding everyone around them hostage and burning down businesses. 

I've never seen Doberman pinchers storm a capital buildings.

I've never seen German Shepards calling out sick or just showing up to work to collect a paycheck.

I've never seen a poodle drive drunk, kill a family, then plead innocent and say, it wasn't me.

I've never seen a husky perform armed robbery/assault. Not give up during an altercation. Die as a result of it. Then see the dogs family cry in out rage and say he was misunderstood. He was a good boy, he's only done this 4 times before.

I've never seen a Dalmatian get picked up by the pound over 30 times in a ten year period. I've heard of arrest records that big and higher.

I've never seen a bulldog turn it's human into an evil person. I have seen a human turn a bulldog into an evil dog.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Or you could just watch the news.

I've never seen pitbulls take over the city of Seattle for months at a time, holding everyone around them hostage and burning down businesses. 

I've never seen Doberman pinchers storm a capital buildings.

I've never seen German Shepards calling out sick or just showing up to work to collect a paycheck.

I've never seen a poodle drive drunk, kill a family, then plead innocent and say, it wasn't me.

I've never seen a husky perform armed robbery/assault. Not give up during an altercation. Die as a result of it. Then see the dogs family cry in out rage and say he was misunderstood. He was a good boy, he's only done this 4 times before.

I've never seen a Dalmatian get picked up by the pound over 30 times in a ten year period. I've heard of arrest records that big and higher.

Fatal dog attacks in the United States cause the deaths of about 30 to 50 people in the US each year, and the number of deaths from dog attacks appears to be increasing. Around 4.5 million Americans are bitten by dogs every year, resulting in the hospitalization of 6,000 to 13,000 people each year in the United States (2005).[The breeds of dog responsible for the most bites per year, according to the American Animal Hospital Association, are, in order: pit bull-type dogs, mixed breeds, and German Shepherds.

Dogs are non essential and yet this is allowed and loved by many. :dunno:

I never date a girl who owns a dog that could best me.  Because it usually comes down to that.  :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I never date a girl who owns a dog that could best me.  Because it usually comes down to that.  :dunno:

Plus you need to make sure you're packing a bigger Red Rocket. 

Your doggie is so cute! Thanks for sharing pictures and good luck with your new family member. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, MDC said:

Hound mix / mutt, may have some beagle in him. He’s 10 weeks old and sleeping on my lap right now. :wub: 

Look at meeeee!

Did you lease or buy?

16 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Did you lease or buy?

Bought a 2020 model used. The dog’s value plummets once you drive him off the lot!

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, peenie said:

Your doggie is so cute! Thanks for sharing pictures and good luck with your new family member. 

Thanks here’s a bonus pic for you.

Link

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:44 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I have adopted 3 dogs. I definitely see a trend where they are being more cautious with placements.

- One was 25 years ago and they did a little background check. Mainly just a questionnaire.

- One was 12 years ago and they did a more thorough background check, but no home visit and no call to the vet.

- One in October during COVID and they did an online questionnaire, voice interview, Zoom virtual home visit and they called my vet. 

With all of that said, no one should think that this is even remotely close to adopting a child as that is far more vigorous. Trust me as we have done that too. :lol: 

How’d you adopt (the kid)? Got any advice from the process?

Not to hijack, but don't adopt a kid. Become a foster parent. First off, you get paid for it. You don't get paid to adopt. And second, there basically are no rules. The worst people in the world become foster parents. Plus, you can molest the hell out of the kids and the state doesn't give a s***.

I learned all this from over 20 seasons of law and order.

33 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Not to hijack, but don't adopt a kid. Become a foster parent. First off, you get paid for it. You don't get paid to adopt. And second, there basically are no rules. The worst people in the world become foster parents. Plus, you can molest the hell out of the kids and the state doesn't give a s***.

I learned all this from over 20 seasons of law and order.

We’re you a foster kid?

Man that dog grew fast! 

"Sir we can save your pet! But it's gonna cost... xxx "  

Every pet has a number and then it's goodbye.  What's the new dog's number?  

I once had a cat that lived a really long life within his $50 budget.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, KSB2424 said:

Don't get me wrong, I've had dogs. Last one was a black Lab, her name was Pepper.   However that was when I was a teenager and we had acreage.  Nothing worse than the dude who lives in a townhouse with a big dog and takes it with him to the Brewery.  1. Dogs need room to run  2. Nobody wants to hear your poorly trained dog bark . 

I realize its "cool" and all but I'm being honest.  

I agree completely. If you live in an apartment, you should not have a dog, especially a big one. Unless you are a marathon runner or something and take it running with you.

If you share a wall with another person, you should not have a dog. Period.

Oh, and if you give a dog insulin daily or other expensive medical care that most human beings on the planet cannot afford, you are a ridiculous ass hole. 

On 1/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, Utilit99 said:

Pit bull fan huh?

I just love his high energy music. 

I have personally seen both sides of the Pit Bull debate. My daughter who was probably 12 at the time wanted one so bad. So put together a compelling pitch and we ended up getting a "sport" breed. I was unaware of this at the time. That dog was raised with all the love in the world and still was aggressive towards other dogs and especially around food/toys. Never went after any human but damn near killed our chihuahua mix at the time. Picked her up in her mouth and shook her violently. We had to put her down as I could not take a chance of her turning on somebody. Flash forward a few years and my daughter asks for another. She put in a lot of research and found the "show" breed to be much more docile. She got a male and began to show him. He ended up becoming a grand champion in the UKC and had many MANY puppies. He was the sweetest guy ever. We had probably a couple dozen dogs over the years that were all great and we never had any problems. I think there is something to the different breeds. I am still scared to death of any pit bull that i do not know just based off of the experience of the first dog, but I know there are many more that I would absolutely trust my grandkids around. Just my .02. 

We got a Chocolate Lab last July and two weeks ago we got a German Shepherd.  The two dogs are best buddies already.

22 hours ago, MDC said:

He is really Damn cute.

He is, the big galoot.  :lol:

I can't wait until he stops thinking everything is a chew toy.  

22 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

I have personally seen both sides of the Pit Bull debate. My daughter who was probably 12 at the time wanted one so bad. So put together a compelling pitch and we ended up getting a "sport" breed. I was unaware of this at the time. That dog was raised with all the love in the world and still was aggressive towards other dogs and especially around food/toys. Never went after any human but damn near killed our chihuahua mix at the time. Picked her up in her mouth and shook her violently. We had to put her down as I could not take a chance of her turning on somebody. Flash forward a few years and my daughter asks for another. She put in a lot of research and found the "show" breed to be much more docile. She got a male and began to show him. He ended up becoming a grand champion in the UKC and had many MANY puppies. He was the sweetest guy ever. We had probably a couple dozen dogs over the years that were all great and we never had any problems. I think there is something to the different breeds. I am still scared to death of any pit bull that i do not know just based off of the experience of the first dog, but I know there are many more that I would absolutely trust my grandkids around. Just my .02. 

Here’s the side that is common freakin sense: Pit Bulls are not meant to be domesticated. Period. They were bred for hunting amd destruction, not companionship. End of story. 

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

He is, the big galoot.  :lol:

I can't wait until he stops thinking everything is a chew toy.  

You’ve got 8-10 months to go. :( 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’ve got 8-10 months to go. :( 

I know.  :cry:

31 minutes ago, DonS said:

:thumbsup:What does he weigh now? 

My guess is 45-50. He's got one more appointment with the vet in two weeks for his final shots. I'll get a confirmed weight at that point. 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, MDC said:

About 7 months old now.

Link :wub: 

Awesome!!

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I broke down and got one. 

What did you get?

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

What did you get?

A mutt/terrier. Girl. She’s from Texas. Great so far, but she’s been chasing the geese into the pond. If she jumps in there after them they will kill her.  She’s mostly terrier, so she’s not afraid of much. Also trying to eat the goose poo all the time.  Sometimes she succeeds.  

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A mutt/terrier. Girl. She’s from Texas. Great so far, but she’s been chasing the geese into the pond. If she jumps in there after them they will kill her.  She’s mostly terrier, so she’s not afraid of much. Also trying to eat the goose poo all the time.  Sometimes she succeeds.  

Nice! Why from Texor? 

Terriers are feisty. She must be small if she can get killed by geese. I know geese can be aggressive but they also have long necks to grab hold of.