kysar_soze

Checking In

It's about time to start the discussion about the league.  Still lots up in the air - let's hope that we have a more normal year and we are able to get back to fans safely being able to come to games, less injuries and mess.

In 

I finally figured out how to log in and Torn had tasked me with feeling out interest.  Looks like y'all were way ahead of that.  

Anywhoodles I am in.  

Sorry for my absence, guys - had an opportunity to take a vacation in Florida and took it. It had been forever since I had some time off. I had 3 trips get cancelled due to the pandemic and a medical emergency in the family, so I REALLY needed to get away.

Thanks for getting this thread started. I am in. I'm number 9 of 12.

Still need to hear from posty, Varga and Kittys.

I'll ping them... I've got a lot of work to do to get all of the data together for the season. I did renew the league, so the Yahoo site should already be up.

I do hope we didn’t up the amount of keepers this year. I know there was some talk of some rule changes and I felt like we drafted with the covid shortened season in mind a bit and if we did want to make those changes it should be for 2022. 

Admittedly I don’t remember exactly the rule changes that were being discussed. 

edit: I guess the 6th keeper rule is already set. It was changing formats that I was also against. 

Yes, we voted in a 6th keeper for this season. 

Outside of that, there won't be any drastic changes to settings or format this season. The drum beat for roto continues, so we will definitely vote on that and any other changes for the 2022 season. 

Varga is IN

Still waiting for Kitty and Posty

Feel free to look for a replacement for me...  If you can't find one, I guess I will come back, but I would much rather skip playing...

37 minutes ago, posty said:

Feel free to look for a replacement for me...  If you can't find one, I guess I will come back, but I would much rather skip playing...

The defending champ is going to sit it out? Boooooo!  

4 hours ago, Torn said:

The defending champ is going to sit it out? Boooooo!  

Retire on top...  Others have done that...

:D

@Torn:  When do you need to know by?

OK, still no word from Kittys. Not sure of his status, but will give him another ping and another day or two. 

Talent Scout - I think you mentioned that you may have a friend who wanted in if needed. Let's put him on alert. It seems like he'll have a spot, be it with Kitty's or Posty's team. 

2 minutes ago, posty said:

@Torn:  When do you need to know by?

No major urgency - if Kitty is in, we'll turn to Talent's friend to take your spot. If Kitty is out, we'll recruit Talent's friend for that spot and may need to drag you in if no-one else has a replacement option.

5 minutes ago, Torn said:

No major urgency - if Kitty is in, we'll turn to Talent's friend to take your spot. If Kitty is out, we'll recruit Talent's friend for that spot and may need to drag you in if no-one else has a replacement option.

I ask because it looks like that they might need a 14th in the Homers league and if they can't find a replacement (WW is in the league), I said I would step in again...  If that is the case, then I would probably bite the bullet and play in the Dugout league...

Posty, not trying to put words in your mouth but for me, Manfred and the Asterisks and now Mather are really making me angry at baseball.  Anywho, I am totally in but Posty I get your "heart not being in it" sentiment.  

I just reached out to my buddy, he is in.  How do I loop him in?  *edit* I did tell my friend that he would be taking over the league champion team so he would have a solid roster.*end edit*

For the keepers I have quite a stable of young controllable talent.  Anybody interested in any of:

Kyle Tucker, Yu Darvish, Jose Berrios, Dinelson Lamet, Justus Sheffield, Luis Severino, Lance McCullers, Michael Kopech, Ohtani (pitcher)?  I think y'all have my number if you want to text about any of these.  Just looking for draft picks.  

5 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

I just reached out to my buddy, he is in.  How do I loop him in?  

You would have to have him register and then when he has, post his name in here and then someone can reach out to Mike FFToday and ask him to validate the login...

13 hours ago, TalentScout said:

He created an account and is waiting for approval. 

Sometimes, Mike just needs a nice little nudge...  What is his ID and I can ping Mike, if he hasn't been okayed yet...

Just heard back from Kittys and he is OUT, so we have another slot to fill.

So, we can either have TS's friend take over Kitty's team and beg Posty to stay on OR seek out another manager if anyone has a person in mind.

8 minutes ago, Torn said:

Just heard back from Kittys and he is OUT, so we have another slot to fill.

So, we can either have TS's friend take over Kitty's team and beg Posty to stay on OR seek out another manager if anyone has a person in mind.

Okay, I will come back and take my team...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Okay, I will come back and take my team...

Awesome! Thank you, I will start ramping things up after work today. 

2 hours ago, Torn said:

Awesome! Thank you

I am sure I will regret it as I finish towards the bottom...

3 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

Is Kitty's team any good?  I did kind of promise my friend the defending champion roster aka a really solid squad...

I don't know keeper status, but mine doesn't look at good after dropping rounds 1-5...

This was Kitty's finishing roster...  Don't know about keeper status:

AJ Pollock
Alex Colome
Archie Bradley
Bryan Reynolds
Cesar Hernandez
Chris Sale
Danny Duffy
David Peralta
DJ LeMahieu
Freddy Peralta
Gregory Soto
Hunter Dozier
Jon Berti
Justin Dunn
Kyle Freeland
Luke Weaver
Mark Melancon
Martin Perez
Matt Chapman
Matt Foster
Matthew Boyd
Nick Castellanos
Sean Manaea
Starlin Castro
Taylor Clarke
Victor Reyes
Willson Contreras
Wilson Ramos
Yandy Diaz
Yusmeiro Petit

9 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

I haven't heard of 12 of those players without researching them.  I might be the wrong person to evaluate how good a team is.  

I need to review more deeply, but at a minimum, LeMahieu, Pollock and Sale are clear keeper values. Depending on his feelings re: bullpen guys, there are a couple of potential values there as well. 

12 hours ago, TalentScout said:

I think I might have found another owner if Posty doesn't want to stick around to take over MCK.

Actually I had my own team last year...  I was debating about playing this year but finally decided to play...  There is only one team available, MCKs team...

At this point, I'll say our roll call is complete. Welcome back to all returning managers. Hopefully, our MCK replacement will gain access to the forum soon and we can welcome him onboard. 

15 minutes ago, Torn said:

At this point, I'll say our roll call is complete. Welcome back to all returning managers. Hopefully, our MCK replacement will gain access to the forum soon and we can welcome him onboard. 

If we can find out his ID from @TalentScout, we can ping Mike and ask him nicely to approve him...

18 minutes ago, Torn said:

How is the draft order going to be set?  Are we going to use the dice roll method (like what is used every year in the Homers league) and the highest roll get the #1 pick?  Not the pick to make where they want to draft, the actual #1 pick...  Since last year was a fustercluck and not everyone participated in the brackets last year...

1 hour ago, posty said:

How is the draft order going to be set?  Are we going to use the dice roll method (like what is used every year in the Homers league) and the highest roll get the #1 pick?  Not the pick to make where they want to draft, the actual #1 pick...  Since last year was a fustercluck and not everyone participated in the brackets last year...

I believe we were using 2019 end results for everything including 2021 draft order.  

3 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

He signed up using the handle "Isotope"

@Mike FF Today, could you please approve user @Isotope at your earliest convenience so we can him be involved in our baseball league?  He registered Tuesday night I believe...

Thank you Mike...

3 hours ago, TalentScout said:

He signed up using the handle "Isotope"

I see that he is now the "Newest Member", so he should be able to log in now and hit the board...

Hey all, sorry for the delay in getting something up on the board. I'll be more active, I just am slowly gearing up for baseball season now...