Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Matt Stafford asks for a trade

Where do you think Matt Stafford will be traded to?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Matt Stafford will be traded to?

• Colts
    • WFT
    • Patriots
    • Steelers
    • 49ers
    • Other

QB Matt Stafford of the Lions has asked for a trade.  Should happen in March 2021.  Who do you think will trade for him?

https://sports.yahoo.com/matthew-stafford-lions-part-ways-trade-options-nfl-231628250.html

Report: Matthew Stafford and Lions agree to part ways, looking into trade options
Jack Baer·Writer
Sat, January 23, 2021, 3:16 PM

Matthew Stafford has likely played his last snap in a Detroit Lions uniform.

The longtime Lions starting quarterback has informed the team that he would like to make a fresh start, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. The team reportedly agreed to discuss trade options in the coming weeks.

A trade would end a 12-year tenure for Stafford with the Lions, who took him first overall in the 2009 draft. He currently stands as the team’s all-time leader in passing yards (45,109) and touchdowns (282), and could be an attractive option for teams at the age of 32.

Stafford approached the Lions after the season and suggested a trade would be best for all parties, the Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett reported Saturday.

As far as quality quarterbacks go, [  Stafford's salary ] numbers are quite affordable. Pelissero notes that any trade would likely have to happen before the fifth day of the 2021 league year in March, when Stafford’s first roster bonus kicks in. A trade would reportedly give the Lions $19 million in dead cap, but save the team $14 million in cap space overall, plus $20 million in cash.

Adam Schefter reports that the Lions are expected to receive at least a first-round draft pick in a potential trade.

1st rounders held by likely trade partners:

Colts: 1.21
WFT: 1.19
Patriots: 1.15
Steelers: 1.24
49ers: 1.12

:lol: Who would want that loser? What's his record vs winning teams?

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I think the favorite is the Patriots (but I have no inside info).  If he wants out of Detroit, he is desperate to WIN.  Players who are desperate to win have been running to the Patriots for 20 years.  Stafford can be sure the Patriots organization is doing everything it can to win.  The only thing is that there are 24 QBs available, so the Patriots could select someone else. 

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Lot of talk on sports talk radio here in Denver about possibly getting him if he becomes available. 

Do they have an expansion team in Portland or Iran or North Korea? He’d be perfect.

Doorknob - Ass

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Do they have an expansion team in Portland or Iran or North Korea? He’d be perfect.

Doorknob - Ass

Word. Woke jackass.  Glad Brees lost too and was the reason the Saints lost. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I disagree with the tweet, but it’s still a cool video.  

What is there to disagree with? 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He is at the top of the list of every contender who needs a QB.  

Just now, jonmx said:

No, that would be Deshaun Watson.  He's probably 2nd though.

Watson to the Jets most likely.  Wants to play for Saleh who Detroit could have hired but instead, we hire this dope.  Good lord.  Detroit minus Staford is going to be even more painful to watch.  No quality QB is itching to go to Detroit.  We are going to suck huge.  It's going to be like having Matt Millen as coach.  I wonder why we passed on Saleh.

21 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Why? he's done nothing. sure he puts up stats vs sh1t opponents. 

What's his record vs teams with winning records? 

If you want to put up stats he's great. If you want to win look elsewhere

Didn’t he have a rep for not putting  in the work and sometimes being out of shape? 

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Why? he's done nothing. sure he puts up stats vs sh1t opponents. 

What's his record vs teams with winning records? 

If you want to put up stats he's great. If you want to win look elsewhere

He has done incredible things.  He has carried a very shitty team for years.   He has one of the strongest arms.  He is tough as nails and plays through injuries. He has more 4th quarter comebacks than any QB in the league. Detroit had the worst defense in the nfl.  Detroit went years and years without having a single 100 yard rusher.  Their pass protection generally sucks.  They have had some terrible coaching regimes.  His best head coach by far was Jim f-ing Caldwell.  Tom Brady would lose with that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The second coming of Steve Young would have a losing career record with the Lions.

Wish he'd come the Dolphins....  absolutely nobody is sold on Tua.  Not the fans, not the coach, not even Tua.

30 minutes ago, jonmx said:

He has done incredible things.  He has carried a very shitty team for years.   He has one of the strongest arms.  He is tough as nails and plays through injuries. He has more 4th quarter comebacks than any QB in the league. Detroit had the worst defense in the nfl.  Detroit went years and years without having a single 100 yard rusher.  Their pass protection generally sucks.  They have had some terrible coaching regimes.  His best head coach by far was Jim f-ing Caldwell.  Tom Brady would lose with that.  

Cool how many wins does he have against teams that are +.500

Komrad Stafford is the best Lions QB of my lifetime and it's not close. The second best, after a steep drop, is Erik Kramer. My gripe is not his talent.  

The 2020 Lions were the wokest team in the NFL. They disgust me, They're more embarassing than Matt Millen's 0-16 squad and I refuse to watch them so long as Stafford is their QB and the NFL embraces lies about the police. Now that Bob Quinn, Matt Patricia andStafford are out the door, and if the NFL smartens up on wokeness, maybe they'll be tollerable again next year but I don't know if I'll start caring again. The only thing I know about the 2020-1 season are the unclicked thread titles I see in the Geek Club. We're a couple of weeks into the playoffs and I don't know who's left. 

I did figure out that WTF = the Redskins, so that solved a mystery I was having.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strike said:

No, that would be Deshaun Watson.  He's probably 2nd though.

Deshaun probably isn't leaving Houston. If he is, his pricetag is steep. And besides price, he now has the rep of Kaep, a black athlete who has the woke microscope on him. Every press conference will have questions about stuff that had nothing to do with football. Too much distraction. I agree that Stafford is the #1 target for an emerging contender.  

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Deshaun probably isn't leaving Houston. If he is, his pricetag is steep. And besides price, he now has the rep of Kaep, a black athlete who has the woke microscope on him. Every press conference will have questions about stuff that had nothing to do with football. Too much distraction. I agree that Stafford is the #1 target for an emerging contender.  

Here in NY every talking head on sports radio has Watson a Jet. 

Matt Stafford is Kurt Cousins.  Great when you don't need him to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Yeah, can’t believe he never won a SuperBowl with all that talent. 

4 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Watson is a great talent. But we've seen lots of them come and go. I just don't like the way he is burning bridges.  Never works out.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Watson is a great talent. But we've seen lots of them come and go. I just don't like the way he is burning bridges.  Never works out.

I agree. Hate the fact these players WITH contracts can say I don’t to play here anymore- trade me. Wish a team had the balls to say goodbye- sit out. I know the financial aspect doesn’t work but screw them. 

I think Stafford is a B+/A- type of qbs who has been with an awful organization.

If Brees and/or Brady retire, these would be great situations for him.  

nep should be getting many defensive players back from opting out, but the offense still needs more tools

chicago is a qb graveyard

i don’t want the 9ers to move away from jimmy.  A healthy team is competitive. I don’t want them to trade away anything.

indy could work 

5 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

I don’t know how you can still listen to WFAN. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know how you can still listen to WFAN. 

Boomer and Gio into city (WFAN)

Michael Kay Show on way home (ESPN)

I don’t know how I do it either. It’s all terrible 

12 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Boomer and Gio into city (WFAN)

Michael Kay Show on way home (ESPN)

I don’t know how I do it either. It’s all terrible 

I liked Kay, met him a few times, friend of a friend. But that little jewish guy was the end for me. Lagrecca was bad enough. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I liked Kay, met him a few times, friend of a friend. But that little jewish guy was the end for me. Lagrecca was bad enough. 

I have a lot of issues with TMKS. Lots. But what is my option? Carton and Roberts ?? No ##### way. 

5 hours ago, edjr said:

He has been the best 4th quarter comeback QB since coming to the league.  His issue is the exact opposite.  His is only great when he needs to be.  

19 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I have a lot of issues with TMKS. Lots. But what is my option? Carton and Roberts ?? No ##### way. 

Ugh. Roberts brings nothing. I don’t get it. And Carton tries way too hard. XM. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ugh. Roberts brings nothing. I don’t get it. And Carton tries way too hard. XM. 

Carton is terrible. I thought Roberts was good with Benigo. I do pay for SiriusXM but to lazy to use it