Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

You DID IT !!! Weekending 1/23/21

Gimme a few hours, and I can say watching the Bills and Bucs win.

18 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Gimme a few hours, and I can say watching the Bills and Bucs win.

I’m with you there bro. To bad more then a few hours. Wish the games were 1PM and 4:30 EST

22 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Nice. What city ?

Houston.

I get a corporate discount and the kids wanted to look at the dinosaur skeletons.

We did not do the whole museum, we go frequently enough to only look at part of it.

15 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Houston.

I get a corporate discount and the kids wanted to look at the dinosaur skeletons.

We did not do the whole museum, we go frequently enough to only look at part of it.

That’s awesome- great to hear stuff like this. 
My local library (Long Island) had passes to all the NYC museums including The Intrepid and all you had to do was check it out like you were checking out a book. We definitely took advantage of that when the kids were younger. 

Now I wish the library had passes to the local bar !!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Houston.

Some tourists in the Museum of Natural History are marveling at some dinosaur bones. One of them asks the guard, "Can you tell me how old the dinosaur bones are?"

The guard replies, "They are 65,000,011 years old."

"That's an awfully exact number," says the tourist. "How do you know their age so precisely?"

The guard answers, "Well, the dinosaur bones were sixty five million years old when I started working here, and that was eleven years ago."

• Haha 1

Showed up to play indoor golf at the local pub yesterday.  When we got there we were told by the owner our simulator (1 of the 2 he has) was broken and couldn't play.  Tech not available until mid week to fix the thing. 

A little ingenuity, perseverance and a box of old used circuit boards and bam my brother and I got the thing back up and running like new. 

Free food golf and beer the rest of the night. 

39 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Showed up to play indoor golf at the local pub yesterday.  When we got there we were told by the owner our simulator (1 of the 2 he has) was broken and couldn't play.  Tech not available until mid week to fix the thing. 

A little ingenuity, perseverance and a box of old used circuit boards and bam my brother and I got the thing back up and running like new. 

Free food golf and beer the rest of the night. 

That's pretty awesome.  I bet the owner was happy as can be.

I like this series of threads btw Mike.  If I would get off my nuts maybe soon I can add something to them.  

I need to paint inside the store.  It hasn't been painted in a long long time.  I am currently ordering paint samples from Home Depot and putting them on the walls but I haven't found a color(s) I like yet.  I have some floor tiles that need replacing and I plan on rearranging all the shelves inside after I paint.  I'll replace the tiles after I move the shelving.  These are my next set of goals so once I find my color and I can start adding something of substance to these threads.  

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I like this series of threads btw Mike.  If I would get off my nuts maybe soon I can add something to them.  

I need to paint inside the store.  It hasn't been painted in a long long time.  I am currently ordering paint samples from Home Depot and putting them on the walls but I haven't found a color(s) I like yet.  I have some floor tiles that need replacing and I plan on rearranging all the shelves inside after I paint.  I'll replace the tiles after I move the shelving.  These are my next set of goals so once I find my color and I can start adding something of substance to these threads.  

What kind of store ?

4 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

What kind of store ?

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Don't worry about it.

Who are you guys, exactly, and what do you do?  :dunno: