Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Super Bowl 55: Chiefs v Buccaneers

Unless their defense grabs a bunch of turnovers for the offense as they have in the last two games, there is no way the Bucs can keep up with KC.  No way at all. Brady has made some throws but has also looked every bit 43 years old and slightly spent as well. Again, he was handed several super short fields and that’s great he took advantage but anyone watching sees that’s it’s the opportunistic Bucs D that won these last two games.  The Bucs receivers are very streaky and have slippery hands too.  That won’t win a super bowl. 

The Bucs chances to win lie totally with the defense here.  That’s how they’ll win.  I think the chances are small though and I see KC repeating.  I think the AFC is simply superior overall this year.  No NFC team I watched in the playoffs looked that scary, win or lose. 

That posty is a stand up guy :banana:

How many times do I have to pick Chiefs 30 Bucs 26

:lol:

Good luck cmh 

Bucs will win this Super Bowl. 

Mike is just trying to get the Chiefs to lose this game

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Mike is just trying to get the Chiefs to lose this game

He doesn't have to go through any trouble, the Chiefs will take care of that, all on their own.  😉

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He doesn't have to go through any trouble, the Chiefs will take care of that, all on their own.  😉

We’ll see.... bet against greatness at your own peril... Brady’s greatness is gone, a thing of the past... time to officially pass the mantle... Mahomes will be the 1st qb to win back to back SB titles since.... Tom Brady 

5 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

We’ll see.... bet against greatness at your own peril... Brady’s greatness is gone, a thing of the past... time to officially pass the mantle... Mahomes will be the 1st qb to win back to back SB titles since.... Tom Brady 

Don't worry, I won't be betting against greatness... Tampa's a lock. Called it back in March.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tampa's a lock. Called it back in March.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

No, not a surprise to anyone at all that a fan would be looking forward to their team in the SuperBowl next year.  I think all five billion football fans made the same call in March about all 32 teams.

I went a little further, saying in February that the Chiefs would win three of the next five SuperBowls.

who wants to bet an official Super Bowl championship hat on this game?

37 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

who wants to bet an official Super Bowl championship hat on this game?

Why do you want to bet trash? 

Don't worry, I won't be betting against greatness... Tampa's a lock. Called it back in March.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

It’s not... I got the Buccs at 10-1 to win.  I had KC-Buccs matchup at 16-1.  If Tampa wins the SB I will win about 6 units... 

If KC wins it AND covers that’ll be about 90 units.  I’m not hedging that with TB ML, not worried.... 

49 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

It’s not... I got the Buccs at 10-1 to win.  I had KC-Buccs matchup at 16-1.  If Tampa wins the SB I will win about 6 units... 

If KC wins it AND covers that’ll be about 90 units.  I’m not hedging that with TB ML, not worried.... 

That's pretty good numbers.  If Tampa doesn't win, I'm glad you'll get some nice coin out of it. :thumbsup:

I don't really gamble much... I put a few bucks down every once in a while.  Back when Tampa played the Lions, I told my brother and cousin (who bet all the time), that if they want to make good money, to bet $100 on Tampa to beat the Lions, and tease the line as high as it went.  They were on Draft Kings.  At that time, the highest they allowed for Tampa was -23.5 at a +680 payout.  They told me I was nuts.  So I said, fine, I'll drop $25 on it.  It paid me $195 after Tampa won 47-7.  I hadn't bet anything other than a $2 bet hear and there.  Well, I withdrew my $25 plus another $70, leaving $100 in the account.  I then took that $100 and bet the Bucs to beat Washington at -375 and that brought me up to $127.  I then took that $127 and bet the Bucs to beat the Saints at +150 and that brought me up to $317.50.  I then took that $317.50 and bet the Bucs to beat the Packers at +155 and that brought me up to $809.63.  Right now, Tampa is at +145.  Debating on if I should let it continue to ride.  According to the app, it'll put me at $1983.59.  I'll probably just bet $100 and pocket the other $709.63.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's pretty good numbers.  If Tampa doesn't win, I'm glad you'll get some nice coin out of it. :thumbsup:

I don't really gamble much... I put a few bucks down every once in a while.  Back when Tampa played the Lions, I told my brother and cousin (who bet all the time), that if they want to make good money, to bet $100 on Tampa to beat the Lions, and tease the line as high as it went.  They were on Draft Kings.  At that time, the highest they allowed for Tampa was -23.5 at a +680 payout.  They told me I was nuts.  So I said, fine, I'll drop $25 on it.  It paid me $195 after Tampa won 47-7.  I hadn't bet anything other than a $2 bet hear and there.  Well, I withdrew my $25 plus another $70, leaving $100 in the account.  I then took that $100 and bet the Bucs to beat Washington at -375 and that brought me up to $127.  I then took that $127 and bet the Bucs to beat the Saints at +150 and that brought me up to $317.50.  I then took that $317.50 and bet the Bucs to beat the Packers at +155 and that brought me up to $809.63.  Right now, Tampa is at +145.  Debating on if I should let it continue to ride.  According to the app, it'll put me at $1983.59.  I'll probably just bet $100 and pocket the other $709.63.

Thanks man....  that would be the smart money management thing to do right there :thumbsup:  

Tampa Bay defense has some good players and Devin White is the top player on that defense  Yet while they are good I feel they're a notch behind when going up against the Chiefs offense. They MUST get turnovers if they are going to win the SB. Yes, playing at home shortens the gap between their matchup with the Chiefs offense. I don't  think K.C.'s offense is gonna start slow in this game. Mahomes and company are not gonna give Tampa turnovers. They are efficient.                                                                   Still kudos to both teams for making it here. It will not be a boring superbowl. Tampa has a lot going for them in this game but I just don't think Kansas City will lose this game. After the game is over Tom Brady realizes and accepts he's just played against his successor and even with a valiant effort  the young kid(baaaa!h) has bested the goat.                            KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-      42 pts.                          TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS-      34 pts.

Patrick Mahomes- 386 yds. 4tds 1int.                   Tom Brady- 312 yds 3tds 1 int.

Something I just heard yesterday is that the Chiefs aren't allowed to travel to Tampa until Friday night.  I'm not so sure that's fair.  I'm not a big fan of that.  At worst, they should've been able to be in Tampa yesterday.

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Something I just heard yesterday is that the Chiefs aren't allowed to travel to Tampa until Friday night.  I'm not so sure that's fair.  I'm not a big fan of that.  At worst, they should've been able to be in Tampa yesterday.

If I’m The KC Coach, I would have no problem keeping my team away from that night life down in Tampa.  

I would be happy about it.  

I don't get why you don't like this tb.  I mean it would be a week worth of events without covid.  But this is a typical travel schedule for a travelling team.

36 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I don't get why you don't like this tb.  I mean it would be a week worth of events without covid.  But this is a typical travel schedule for a travelling team.

In the past, the teams always practice on the field (take turns), at the venue.  This year, it's Tampa's home field that they're very accustomed too and the Chiefs, while they've played this year, haven't played there since 2012... so, no one on the team has played their prior to two months ago.  I just think it lends to an uneven competitive balance.

There aren't really any event's (that players are allowed to go to), going on anyway.  Also, the weather could play a factor.  It's supposed to be in the mid 60's this week in Tampa (supposed to rain for the Super Bowl - that'll suck).  What's it supposed to be in KC?  Could lend to lesser practice time.

I just think it lends to an uneven competitive balance.

The Buccaneers will need all the edge they can get--and then some.

Maybe if Mahomes plays with one hand tied behind his back and hopping on one foot, the Chiefs would only win by 17.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The Buccaneers will need all the edge they can get--and then some.

Maybe if Mahomes plays with one hand tied behind his back and hopping on one foot, the Chiefs would only win by 17.

Tampa will be fine.  They can beat KC.  I'm not worried about this game.  Certainly, the Chiefs could win and won't be shocked one bit because they're a great team... but I expect Tampa to win.

I expect Tampa to win.

Of course you do!  After an entire season of wrongness, why start being right now?  I would be disappointed in you if you did NOT expect Tampa to win.

I expect Tampa to become the first and perhaps only team ever to lose a Super Bowl on their home field...

...and by double digits.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Of course you do!  After an entire season of wrongness, why start being right now?  I would be disappointed in you if you did NOT expect Tampa to win.

I expect Tampa to become the first and perhaps only team ever to lose a Super Bowl on their home field...

...and by double digits.

I'm always right more than I'm wrong.

Should have been Raiders vs Bucs. LV vs TB in Super Bowl LV at TB! Also the Gruden aspect of it would have been spicy.

Colin Cowherd listed who he thought the best 15 players were.  I'll try to name them by memory:

Rank Player Team
1 Mahomes KC
2 Brady TB
3 Kelce KC
4 Tyreek KC
5 Mike Evans TB
6 Honeybadger KC
7 Chris Jones KC
8 Lavonte David TB
9 Vita Vea TB
10 Shaq Barret TB
11 Tristan Wirfs TB
12 Antonio Brown TB
13 JPP TB
14 Clyde Edwards -Helaire KC
15 Ali Marpet TB

His point was there are more high-end players on TB than KC even though KC is top heavy.  I'd argue with his rankings in some cases.  Mathieu too high for one.  

I'd give the matchups as such:

QB KC+
RB TB
Pass Catchers equal
O-line TB++ especially with Schwartz and Fisher out

D-line TB+
Linebacker TB++
Secondary TB

K KC

I think the Chiefs secondary is underrated, simply because a lot of people just don't know who these guys are.

Bashuad Breeland, our top corner has played at a very high level this year.  He's an UFA this year and if not for the DUI stop and suspension he'd probably get a phat contract this offseason.  

Rookie Lajarius Sneed, drafted in the 4th in '20 has been a stud.  He started the season off very strong. fractured his collarbone in week 3, returned in November and picked up right where he left off.  And S Juan Thornhill, drafted in the 2nd round in '19 had a very strong rookie season and then tore his ACL in the final game of the regular season.  He is finally playing again at the level he seemed to be pre-injury, and he has certainly made a difference.  I expect the Chiefs to have 5 or 6 DBs on the field a lot of the game.  In addition to the three I named everyone know Tyrann Mathieu and there's also Charvarius Ward, Daniel Sorensen and Rashad Fenton.  This group has played extremely well this year and doesn't get all the accolades our offensive players do, but have a lot to do with the success the Chiefs have seen this season.  They did a great job against Buffalo, and will have their work cut out for them again Sunday.

The Chiefs don't need to field a defense to win.  They could let the Bucs take the field unopposed to score on the first play of every series, and as long as the Chiefs time their possessions to have the ball last in both halves, as well as first in one half, they win by 7.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Bashuad Breeland, our top corner has played at a very high level this year.

It should be noted that Breeland has intercepted Tom Brady in each of the two previous games in which he has faced him--as a Buccaneer in Week 12 this season, and as a Patriot on December 8, 2019.