Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Super Bowl 55: Chiefs v Buccaneers

7 minutes ago, t.j said:

Sorensen is a hack.

He's not my favorite player either, but he has come up big with some really big plays.  But I agree, I think the Chiefs are better with Mathieu and Thornhill playing safety.

Chiefs by -40-

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I think the Chiefs secondary is underrated, simply because a lot of people just don't know who these guys are.

Bashuad Breeland, our top corner has played at a very high level this year.  He's an UFA this year and if not for the DUI stop and suspension he'd probably get a phat contract this offseason.  

Rookie Lajarius Sneed, drafted in the 4th in '20 has been a stud.  He started the season off very strong. fractured his collarbone in week 3, returned in November and picked up right where he left off.  And S Juan Thornhill, drafted in the 2nd round in '19 had a very strong rookie season and then tore his ACL in the final game of the regular season.  He is finally playing again at the level he seemed to be pre-injury, and he has certainly made a difference.  I expect the Chiefs to have 5 or 6 DBs on the field a lot of the game.  In addition to the three I named everyone know Tyrann Mathieu and there's also Charvarius Ward, Daniel Sorensen and Rashad Fenton.  This group has played extremely well this year and doesn't get all the accolades our offensive players do, but have a lot to do with the success the Chiefs have seen this season.  They did a great job against Buffalo, and will have their work cut out for them again Sunday.

Thanks for naming most of the secondary.  I actually think the Chiefs' safeties are the strength of their secondary, but I also remember the Browns playoff game when they couldn't stop anybody.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Thanks for naming most of the secondary.  I actually think the Chiefs' safeties are the strength of their secondary, but I also remember the Browns playoff game when they couldn't stop anybody.

Our top 4 are very solid.  

I feel like the defense played very well against the Browns as well, focused more on containing the running game in that matchup.  But the Chiefs did a stellar job containing the edge and holding the Browns rushing attack (their strength) in check.

5 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

bring on baseball

Lets Go ASTROS!!!

Cheaters.  

On 2/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, cmh6476 said:

Our top 4 are very solid.  

I feel like the defense played very well against the Browns as well, focused more on containing the running game in that matchup.  But the Chiefs did a stellar job containing the edge and holding the Browns rushing attack (their strength) in check.

That'll work when you're playing against the 24th best passing offense in the league... can it work when you're playing against the 2nd best?

43 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That'll work when you're playing against the 24th best passing offense in the league... can it work when you're playing against the 2nd best?

Buffalo is 24th?

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Buffalo is 24th?

The post I was replying to was talking about the Browns.

Now, if you want to talk about the Buffalo, I could make the argument that it's not that hard to play defense against a team that doesn't run the ball.  If your strength is pass defense and you're going against a team that only throws the ball, then you can play with more pass rushers and less run stoppers.  You're able to dedicate more players who stop the pass.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Now, if you want to talk about the Buffalo, I could make the argument that it's not that hard to play defense against a team that doesn't run the ball.

Well, the Chiefs should be in good shape then.  The Bills ranked 17th in the league with 411 rushing attempts for 1,723 yards this season (4.2 ypc); Tampa Bay ranked 29th with 369 rushing attempts for 1,519 yards this season (4.1 ypc).

Reid was driving drunk and a 5 year old may not survive. 

https://www.kshb.com/sports/road-to-repeat/chiefs-assistant-coach-hurt-in-i-435-crash-that-injured-2-children-1-severely

“According to a search warrant filed just before midnight Thursday, a KCPD officer said they could smell a moderate odor of alcoholic beverages and that Reid's eyes were bloodshot and red.”

Thats a sad situation , I’ll be praying for everyone involved in that accident. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thats a sad situation , I’ll be praying for everyone involved in that accident. 

I'd pray for everyone except Britt Reid

Chiefs 31, Bucs 27

6 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

One of the first stories on the pregame show was what they called "sobering" news out of Kansas City.

Maybe not the best choice of words...

Inactives

Chiefs: DT Khalen Saunders, DE Tim Ward, CB BoPete Keyes, QB Matt Moore, TE Ricky Seals-Jones, RB Darwin Thompson, CB Chris Lammons

Buccaneers: WR Justin Watson, RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, TE Antony Auclair, DL Khalil Davis, DL Jeremiah Ledbetter, QB Ryan Griffin, QB Drew Stanton

Oh my soul, what a beautiful child.  

Please Lord come quickly, what a sad sad situation. 

I'm picking the Chiefs to win 34-23

My pick for MVP, real sleeper, Mecole Hardman

Picking the Bucs, I think they win. 

27-17. 

This is a joke, they clearly want Brady to win this one bad 😆

• Like 1

These penalties are ruining the first half at the very least...

Just now, jrokh said:

These penalties are ruining the first half at the very least...

Yeah, at the very least

Wow, Ball is 5 yards over his head and they call it interference.

The Chiefs have no chance in this game if the Bucs are gonna bet bailed out with a flag every play

Just now, polecatt said:

The Chiefs have no chance in this game if the Bucs are gonna bet bailed out with a flag every play

There have been about 4 game changing calls against the chiefs so far.  As another terrible PI call on an uncatchable ball.

I'd also love to see stats on how many times a team calling a timeout on defense when a team has 3rd and short at the end of a half and it actually works out for them.  

• Thanks 1

Refs are legitimately changing the outcome of this game. They are the story of the first half, pathetic. I don’t care who wins, just want the players to decide the outcome. 

• Like 2

8 penalties for 95 yards in one half, and that's not even half of it, they've been at the most advantageous times.

This is the worst officiated game I've seen in a very long time

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Refs are legitimately changing the outcome of this game. They are the story of the first half, pathetic. I don’t care who wins, just want the players to decide the outcome. 

First td drive kept alive on a ticky tack call.  Another drive where the chiefs get a 4th down goal line stop had a pick called back on a ticky tack holding call.  I'd say the refs have been worth about 10 points for TB this game.  

Makes sense I guess.  Good for the NFL if Tom Brady gets a Super Bowl with tampa.  At least I'm on the right side of the fix.  

That Evans PI in the end zone was especially hilarious.  Brady was very obviously throwing the ball away.  It landed 5 yards out of the end zone and wasn't even near Evans.  I bet Brady was even surprised he got that call.

Boomer is even saying the refs are horrible

Just now, polecatt said:

Boomer is even saying the refs are horrible

He will get reprimanded for that one.

Just now, lod001 said:

He will get reprimanded for that one.

Probably so

14 minutes ago, polecatt said:

No .  Game ruined.  If Brady cant cheat he'll get the refs calls then.  Got it.  Barf.  This is so scripted it isnt even funny.  Bucs mugging KC WRs and KC cant touch any Bucs players.  Worst SB ever.  What a !@#$% joke.  Just give Golden boy his unearned ring and lets get on with our lives. 

What's weird is TB defensive backs were holding GB receivers all game in the NFC championship.  The only thing they called was the jersey pull on GB at the end of the game.  Now they call hand fighting every 3rd down for TB.

KC can't block anybody and TB is doubling Hill and taking him out of the game. KC is not winning this.

They'll need more than Kelce to overcome TB and the refs.

I fully expect at least 1 2nd half make up penalty vs Bucs that won't affect the game.