Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Super Bowl 55: Chiefs v Buccaneers

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Don’t waste your time with Brady-lickers.  He’s lucky to have been on that team. What did he do again? Oh...some easy TD passes to Gronk who the chiefs defense couldn’t get within 5 yards of or they’d get flagged.  Hilarious. 

The Bucs defense won the game, 100% and were the only MVP on that field tat day.  Eli Brady played decent is all. :)

Wow, lot of anger in there.  LOL

Don’t waste your time with Brady-lickers.  He’s lucky to have been on that team. What did he do again? Oh...some easy TD passes to Gronk who the chiefs defense couldn’t get within 5 yards of or they’d get flagged.  Hilarious. 

The Bucs defense won the game, 100% and were the only MVP on that field tat day.  Eli Brady played decent is all. :)

Perfect fit, they won the Super Bowl, I think it all worked out.  

On 2/9/2021 at 9:01 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow, lot of anger in there.  LOL

No, anger has nothing to do with it.  Just stating the obvious that the defense and game plan, much like the Giants in 2007 won the game.  It was all right there on the TV or highlights if you missed it.

No, anger has nothing to do with it.  Just stating the obvious that the defense and game plan, much like the Giants in 2007 won the game.  It was all right there on the TV or highlights if you missed it.

Right, everything is because KC did something wrong and had nothing to do with Tampa being right... or good... or just flat out better.  Luck and KC, right?

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right, everything is because KC did something wrong and had nothing to do with Tampa being right... or good... or just flat out better.  Luck and KC, right?

Surely you're not arguing that the penalties Kansas City committed, the combined 12 drops by Hardman, Hill and Kelce, the TD that bounced off of Darrell Williams' face mask, and the gift TD that KC's timeouts provided to TB at the end of the half had nothing to do with the outcome?

Yeah, that was KC's game to lose--and they did.

It was the Bucs game to win, and wow did they. 

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Surely you're not arguing that the penalties Kansas City committed, the combined 12 drops by Hardman, Hill and Kelce, the TD that bounced off of Darrell Williams' face mask, and the gift TD that KC's timeouts provided to TB at the end of the half had nothing to do with the outcome?

Yeah, that was KC's game to lose--and they did.

Right, because Tampa's defense pressuring Mahomes all night and forcing every receiver to adlib on every play was KC's fault.  Because not only was Mahomes getting tired by running for 500 yards behind the line as were the receivers in the secondary, that had nothing to do with Tampa's defense.  Tampa gashing their DLine with for 150 yards on 28 carries had nothing to do with Tampa's OLine (which by the way did have a backup RG where the starter was lost in the Washington playoff game), or with their RB's.  Yup, everything was KC.  Look, I get it.  You're butthurt because for 2 weeks you've done nothing but diminish Tampa's chances in the Super Bowl.  They were an afterthought for you.  Just a small road bump in the KC machine.  And it was a complete 180.  You were basically 100% wrong with everything you've said about the game.  Now you're trying to make excuses.  Really, all you needed to do was act like a man and say that you were wrong and leave it that.  Or, you could've just said nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You're butthurt because for 2 weeks you've done nothing but diminish Tampa's chances in the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You were basically 100% wrong with everything you've said about the game.  Now you're trying to make excuses.  Really, all you needed to do was act like a man and say that you were wrong and leave it that.  Or, you could've just said nothing.

Spot on, Spot on....

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Look, I get it.

Do you?  I can't tell by any of the wishful thinking you expressed here.  It would be nice to think you do, but I've pretty much weepawed you by now, so it's mattering to me less and less.

As always, Axe Elf never argues, only educates...  and some just aren't open to that.  I tried to help you understand the dynamics of Super Bowl LV, but you're not having it, fine.  Have a nice life.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Spot on, Spot on....

In case you haven't noticed, you were weepawed some time ago.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

you were weepawed some time ago.

Is that what you call getting repeatedly embarrassed on this bored and then reacting like a spurned teen-age girl? So be it... 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Is that what you call getting repeatedly embarrassed on this bored and then reacting like a spurned teen-age girl? So be it... 

Weepawed.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Parenthetically, you do realize the Weepawing refers to you, right?

lol

Do you want us to call you "Marsha" from now on?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Parenthetically, you do realize the Weepawing refers to you, right?

lol

Do you want us to call you "Marsha" from now on?

Sure, I was referring to the only one who uses the term. Apparently, only someone who is continually embarrassed in this forearm uses the term. Call me whatever you want, your credibility in all matters relating to football is less than Weepaws...

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

your credibility in all matters relating to football is less than Weepaws...

I don't know about that.  Weepaws had Jameis Winston as a top 10 dynasty qb around October.

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right, because Tampa's defense pressuring Mahomes all night and forcing every receiver to adlib on every play was KC's fault.  Because not only was Mahomes getting tired by running for 500 yards behind the line as were the receivers in the secondary, that had nothing to do with Tampa's defense.  Tampa gashing their DLine with for 150 yards on 28 carries had nothing to do with Tampa's OLine (which by the way did have a backup RG where the starter was lost in the Washington playoff game), or with their RB's.  Yup, everything was KC.  Look, I get it.  You're butthurt because for 2 weeks you've done nothing but diminish Tampa's chances in the Super Bowl.  They were an afterthought for you.  Just a small road bump in the KC machine.  And it was a complete 180.  You were basically 100% wrong with everything you've said about the game.  Now you're trying to make excuses.  Really, all you needed to do was act like a man and say that you were wrong and leave it that.  Or, you could've just said nothing.

well,  I'd  be lying if  I told you I predicted  this  outcome.

I figured a couple of things going into this.

if Tampa was gonna win, theyd need to  score 30  points minimum because it didnt seem to matter who KC played..... Mahomes was able to put  up a decent amount of points.

I knew Tampa had a really good D.   I just didnt  think it was  gonna matter all that much.

I honestly thought  the  game was gonna  end 35-28 for KC. (or somewhere in that  ballpark)   I  did think i was gonna be reasonably close at the end  even  in the  early  parts of the second  half.  I figured KC's offense would  get a TD  and once that happened they'd  get lightning in a bottle  and start scoring.   Weve seen that story  play out  enough times it wasnt unrealistic to think  it would happen again.

To Tampas  credit,  They outworked,  outcoached, and outplayed this team  on ALL fronts.   it was a good old  fashioned  butt kicking.

They  did what they needed to do.

I just  didnt  think it would go down the  way that  it did.   I do, however  wish it was at least a close enough game to  keep it interesting later in the game, but  you cant  have  it all.

Brady  was Brady.  he showed hes worth the money.    and the team rallied around him on  both sides of the football.   I'd say  that this may have  been  the one superbowl  that truly  cemented his legacy  as the greatest of all  time.  He did it with a different team,  a different coach, and a different system.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:03 PM, RoadLizard said:

Who was that guy who led the Giants on a game winning TD drive in the 4th quarter of that game? Justin Tuck? 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who was that guy who led the Giants on a game winning TD drive in the 4th quarter of that game? Justin Tuck? 

Future HOF QB Eli Manning?

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Future HOF QB Eli Manning?

Yup.  He doesn’t play defense. 

3 hours ago, nobody said:

David Tyree

There were two 4th downs on that drive. Tyrees catch was on third. I like when people don’t know what happened.  

On 2/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

There were two 4th downs on that drive. Tyrees catch was on third. I like when people don’t know what happened.  

There was 1, a 4th and 1 from the Giants 37... Jacobs had a 2-yard run for the first down.  I do find it interesting on how much Tyree was targeted that series compared to the rest of the game.  He had 5 targets that whole game... 3 on that drive.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There was 1, a 4th and 1 from the Giants 37... Jacobs had a 2-yard run for the first down.  I do find it interesting on how much Tyree was targeted that series compared to the rest of the game.  He had 5 targets that whole game... 3 on that drive.

You’re right. Steve Smith had a catch on 3 and 11 after the Tyree catch. Point being the Tyree catch wasn’t the only  big play and it was 3rd and 5. The Giants still had a great chance of getting a first if he didn’t catch it. 4 and 11 would have been much more difficult. Smiths catch was just as big. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re right. Steve Smith had a catch on 3 and 11 after the Tyree catch. Point being the Tyree catch wasn’t the only  big play and it was 3rd and 5. The Giants still had a great chance of getting a first if he didn’t catch it. 4 and 11 would have been much more difficult. Smiths catch was just as big. 

True.  I only looked it up because I remember hearing Tyree's name multiple times and I was curious about how involved he was in that game because I didn't remember him.  That's when I saw there was one 4th down.  Doesn't take anything away from the argument.  As you said, Tyree's catch was on 3rd down, so that play wasn't the end all be all.  Plus, I think it was something like 3rd and 5, so it's not like if he doesn't make the catch, that 4th down would have been a massive ordeal.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

True.  I only looked it up because I remember hearing Tyree's name multiple times and I was curious about how involved he was in that game because I didn't remember him.  That's when I saw there was one 4th down.  Doesn't take anything away from the argument.  As you said, Tyree's catch was on 3rd down, so that play wasn't the end all be all.  Plus, I think it was something like 3rd and 5, so it's not like if he doesn't make the catch, that 4th down would have been a massive ordeal.

Tyree did have a TD in the first half. He’s the Max McGee of the 2000’s.  

I usually have people over for the Super Bowl, but given the current state of things, I decided to not do anything.  One guy basically invited himself over even though I told him I'm not doing anything.  He comes in and sits down, and within 10 minutes, he's saying the game is boring and won't shut up at how boring it is.  Finally, at the end of the 3rd, I just say, "Hey, man, no one is holding you hostage here."  At about the 8 minute mark in the 4th,  he announces that he's leaving if the Chiefs don't score.  Every time I think about this game, that's all I remember... Him acting like he was doing me some favor coming to my house to watch the game. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I usually have people over for the Super Bowl, but given the current state of things, I decided to not do anything.  One guy basically invited himself over even though I told him I'm not doing anything.  He comes in and sits down, and within 10 minutes, he's saying the game is boring and won't shut up at how boring it is.  Finally, at the end of the 3rd, I just say, "Hey, man, no one is holding you hostage here."  At about the 8 minute mark in the 4th,  he announces that he's leaving if the Chiefs don't score.  Every time I think about this game, that's all I remember... Him acting like he was doing me some favor coming to my house to watch the game. 

I hope you get some help, to get over this issue, I know people that a situation even worst then that could lead them into depression.  

Also go to Lowe’s or even a Home Depot, they now sale an item for your doors, to keep unwanted people out, it’s called a lock.  

They can even do the placement of the lock for you. 

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

So much wrong in that post.  Firstly, how am I supposed to know he'll start crying about the game before it starts so that I would even know to refuse to let him in? Secondly, I don't think I would let my friend come over and pretend I'm not home with the doors locked.  Thirdly, the first sentence makes no sense.  You know of a situation worse than that would lead to depression?  I guess you would since the space of situations worse than that is pretty large.  Fourthly, commas are used to separate independent thoughts and ideas.  Learn how to use them.  Fifthly, you don't "sale" items, you "sell" items.  Sixthly, situations are worse.  Situations aren't worst.

Otherwise, great post!

• Confused 1