cmh6476

What does your team need to do to improve/ address this offseason?

not a damn thing for the Chiefs, they should be the pre-season SuperBowl favorites :banana:

I say that, but it's not entirely true.

WR Sammy Watkins is probably the highest profile name free-agent, but we should be fine.  Demarcus Robinson is also an unrestricted free agent.  They'll need to do something to address depth at a minimum, but you have to feel good with Hill and Kelce and Hardman has really come on strong as of late and should only continue to get better.  I would say the Chiefs could benefit from a possession receiver to complement the speed Hill and Hardman bring, but you got Kelce so who cares really.  They should be fine.

On the defensive side of the ball there are some guys that will likely move on.  Unrestricted free agents include DE Alex Okafor, SS Dan Sorensen, CB Bashaud Breeland, OLB Damien Wilson, DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, DT Mike Pennel and CB Antonio Hamilton.  Some edge help would be good, but the Chiefs have found ways to complement the current roster via the draft and low-cost free agent signings in the past.  Juan Thornhill is playing at a high level and probably makes Sorensen a bit expendable.  I've also been extremely impressed with our corners, including the play of Breeland.  It'll be interesting to see who they can afford to bring back, and how they replace those who end up going somewhere else.

The offensive line is also somewhere the Chiefs could look at, as you want to protect the half a billion dollar man as best you can.  Unrestricted free agents include C Austin Reiter, G Kelechi Osemel, RT Mike Remmers, and C Dan Kilgore.  They'll also get back G Laurent Daverney-Tardiff from a COVID opt-out which is a good thing.  Reiter and Remmers are currently starters.  More fatties please.

Laveon Bell is also a free agent, but the Chiefs have looked good with CEH and Darrel Williams, and also get Damien Williams back from the COVID opt-out.  Not too worried here either.

Run it back x3 please :banana:

Tampa...

• OFFENSE
    • Pass catching RB.  Jones is fine as a 1st & 2nd down back.  Vaughn could be that guy, but at the very least, another RB as Fournette won't be back.
    • A TE.  If Gronk comes back, he can't make $10M, otherwise he shouldn't be back.  Gotta let Howard go.  Can't keep paying him to get hurt every year.  Brate is fine/solid.  The other TE's on the roster are blocking TE's and Special Teamers.  If not Gronk, another TE will be needed.
    • Move Wirffs to LT, get an RT, and trade Donovan Smith.  He's a decent LT, but makes too much money.  Trade him to a team for a pick... should be able to get at least a 2nd rounder for him because he is a decent starter.  Will be an upgrade for at least a third of the teams in the league.
    • Another OL would be nice too.
  • DEFENSE
    • Need a DT as Suh will probably be gone.  Vea will be back so that's good.  Nunez-Roches is a solid player, but he'll be a free agent.  If he comes back, great, but we'll still need another DT.
    • Need another DE.
    • Another DB.  Can never have too many.
  • SPECIAL TEAMS
    • A new coach.

14 team non ppr redraft, I’ll need to address all the positions. 

• Thanks 1

Giants need to trade Daniel Jones, Darius Slayton and Evan Engram for Mahomes, Hill and Kelce....

Seattle isn't in too bad of shape. Payroll is in order, even with the cap going down by 20 million next year. 

Special teams is OK.

Defense is OK. The biggest position will be at CB. Everyone else will just be looking at contract extensions to avoid free agency in 2022. They did get better as the year went on. And we were never actually fully healthy all year. 

Offense has question marks as of today. Still searching for a O Coordinator. I'm in favor of Pep Hamilton myself, but who knows. What we do know is whoever it is, has to call plays. Carroll is a meadler, but not the caller. Never has been with us anyways.

The Oline has to resign Pocic at Center. And are in desperate need if a LG. 

No idea what the plan is at this point at RB. I know they want Carson back, but I don't expect them to break the bank. Then if you lose him, what to do? Not exactly the best FA class out there.

I'd also look for them to draft a backup QB. With the cap going down, there is know reason to keep paying 3 mil a year for a clip board holder. Especially when you know he'll never be the future.

It's pretty early to really see just what they need to narrow down at this point. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

14 team non ppr redraft, I’ll need to address all the positions. 

I'm right there with ya. I'm the fantasy version of Pete Carroll, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh.

Good enough to be there year after year, but never good enough to win.

The Cowboys, where should I start...

Of course, first thing, sign Dak Prescott to a long term contract.

Then pretty much anything on the defensive side of the ball would help. More than anything though, interior help on the DL. Then help at Safety and CB.

Then on offense it wouldn't be a bad idea to start looking for some replacements/depth on the OL. Tyron Smith doesn't seem to be able to play a full season any more, so LT help would be great.

QB/RB/ WR, all of those seem to be okay. TE, serviceable.

“Urban Meyer is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. It has always been assumed that the Jaguars, who own the number one pick in the NFL Draft, would select Trevor Lawrence with the first pick. During his introductory press conference, however, Meyer also mentioned BYU's Zach Wilson and Ohio State's Justin Fields as potential options with the first pick”

Jax already needs a new head coach.

The G-Men need to bring in competition at the QB position, for Jones.  Jones' penchant for turning the ball over is crazy-high, his first two years in the league..

10 hours ago, JagFan said:

“Urban Meyer is the new head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. It has always been assumed that the Jaguars, who own the number one pick in the NFL Draft, would select Trevor Lawrence with the first pick. During his introductory press conference, however, Meyer also mentioned BYU's Zach Wilson and Ohio State's Justin Fields as potential options with the first pick”

Jax already needs a new head coach.

Cheap coach talk. 

34 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Cheap coach talk. 

Agreed. 

I got a bridge for anyone that believes it's anyone but Lawrence.

Giants- Tackle, Guard, Tight End, WR x2 , Corner, Linebacker, edge rusher. 

The Raiders are hopeless. Not worth analyzing.

19 minutes ago, t.j said:

The Raiders are hopeless. Not worth analyzing.

The Raiders do hold the distinction of being the only team to beat the Chiefs in their last 25 contests or so (not counting the obvious Week 17 tank).

49ers- several needs on both side of the ball but seriously I'd like to see them target a QB. I just don't trust that Garoppolo  can get us back to the SB and actually win it. Not sure what talent will be available  at pick#12 as far as QB's go or will there be one worthy of the pick. Mullens won't get the job done so Lynch & Shanahan to figure what's a solution at QB. If no QB  worthy of being a franchise QB then I'd rather they seriously look at possibly taking a shot at Stafford. I'd rather have him going forward than Jimmy G.

40 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

49ers- several needs on both side of the ball but seriously I'd like to see them target a QB. I just don't trust that Garoppolo  can get us back to the SB and actually win it. Not sure what talent will be available  at pick#12 as far as QB's go or will there be one worthy of the pick. Mullens won't get the job done so Lynch & Shanahan to figure what's a solution at QB. If no QB  worthy of being a franchise QB then I'd rather they seriously look at possibly taking a shot at Stafford. I'd rather have him going forward than Jimmy G.

Just trying to get offseason conversation going here. But would Stafford to the 49ers for a 1st. Jimmy G. to the Patriots for a 2nd work for all 3 teams?

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The Raiders do hold the distinction of being the only team to beat the Chiefs in their last 25 contests or so (not counting the obvious Week 17 tank).

The Raiders also kept their old rivals the Steelers out of the playoffs by beating the Steelers something like 3 or 4 times in Roethlisberger's career. Fat lot of good it did the Raiders though. You can't judge a team by just their 1 or 2 or 3 best games in the regular season. They are a mediocre football team that has squandered 6 1st round picks in the last 3 years and doesn't have real upside.

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

As a 49er fan, I disagree.  I believe if they can get and stay healthy, they have enough to push for SB. They might need a little help with their oline (they lost their starting center before the season) and backup qb. There were a lot of games where the opponents got to the qb much too quickly... no one could get the ball out of their hand in those games.  The team did well when the qb would get a moderate amount of time for plays to develop.

If bosa can come back at 19 level, it changes the entire game strategy on both sides of the ball.

9ers were decimated by injury.  It's tough to tell where their deficiencies were because of that, and where that immediately improve by simply getting guys back.  

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

Just trying to get offseason conversation going here. But would Stafford to the 49ers for a 1st. Jimmy G. to the Patriots for a 2nd work for all 3 teams?

49ers will make trades and they can and have move picks jn the draft. They maneuvered themselves into getting WR Brandon Aiyuk in the first last year and I think he'll end up paying dividends. I DO feel they are seriously re-evaluating their Garoppolo and what's the best for the team now because they are still built to win now and as a 9ers fan Jimmy G is not gonna win a superbowl for the 49ers. I think their chance of getting back to the SB AND winning it would be better with Stafford. He's simply a better QB and he's and in his early 30's.I'm sure they've already got in touch with Detroit , as have some other teams and see who can come up with the best deal. Doubt they'd win a ring with a rookie but they may have an eye on QB in the draft then it would probably makes sense to hold on to Garoppolo  at least for a year if they grab a QB in the draft. I wouldn't have a problem with them giving their #12 pick for Stafford.

I'm not so sure that Belicheck  wants him back  in New England. He might look stupid and question who'd he let him go in the first place. I say send him back to N.E. if they can and I'd like to see the 49ers move on from the Jimmy G experiment.

13 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

I think their chance of getting back to the SB AND winning it would be better with Stafford.

Unfortunately, every team's chance of getting to the SB and winning it is effectively nil, as long as Mahomes plays for the Chiefs.

11 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

As a 49er fan, I disagree.  I believe if they can get and stay healthy, they have enough to push for SB. They might need a little help with their oline (they lost their starting center before the season) and backup qb. There were a lot of games where the opponents got to the qb much too quickly... no one could get the ball out of their hand in those games.  The team did well when the qb would get a moderate amount of time for plays to develop.

If bosa can come back at 19 level, it changes the entire game strategy on both sides of the ball.

A lot of guys hurt last year and it's hard to win games if your starters and even backups are missing games. I'm not saying Garoppolo  bad QB  but I just don't feel he's gonna be the guy to win a superbowl.  Sometimes I get deja vu that I'm seeing Alex Smith revisited in Jimmy G. He's got the talent around him to contend and win a superbowl but can't shake the feeling he's not gonna do it. I'm ok with him next year but wish they'd try to take their #12 pick and move up somehow to get one of the better rookie QB's. He could sit a year and learn from Garoppolo. Jimmy has had limited time being a starter and I just don't see him improving much. Call it a gut feeling but just strongly feel he's not gonna win us a SB. Yes it's the team that wins and I'll support him being the guy  but sooner rather than later someone (John Lynch) is gonna wake up and say maybe we should go a different direction at the QB position.

Someone is missing out on bienemy

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Unfortunately, every team's chance of getting to the SB and winning it is effectively nil, as long as Mahomes plays for the Chiefs.

Totally  agree. When his career is over and people reflect on his years in the NFL someone will ask if they think Patrick was as good as the 'Goat's and they say who's that. Replied with, you know, Tom Brady , THE GOAT and.you get a reply saying, Who's Tom Brady?, LOL.                          Not saying people will forget TB12 but it could end up them being 1A & 1B. Mahomes is certainly more entertaining and fun to watch tha RB12, in my opinion.

19 hours ago, DocNiner said:

49ers will make trades and they can and have move picks jn the draft. They maneuvered themselves into getting WR Brandon Aiyuk in the first last year and I think he'll end up paying dividends. I DO feel they are seriously re-evaluating their Garoppolo and what's the best for the team now because they are still built to win now and as a 9ers fan Jimmy G is not gonna win a superbowl for the 49ers. I think their chance of getting back to the SB AND winning it would be better with Stafford. He's simply a better QB and he's and in his early 30's.I'm sure they've already got in touch with Detroit , as have some other teams and see who can come up with the best deal. Doubt they'd win a ring with a rookie but they may have an eye on QB in the draft then it would probably makes sense to hold on to Garoppolo  at least for a year if they grab a QB in the draft. I wouldn't have a problem with them giving their #12 pick for Stafford.

I'm not so sure that Belicheck  wants him back  in New England. He might look stupid and question who'd he let him go in the first place. I say send him back to N.E. if they can and I'd like to see the 49ers move on from the Jimmy G experiment.

I agree that they in process of evaluating Garappolo's future, but I don't think they should.  I also agree that stafford is a better qb.  I disagree that they are only in  win now mode.  There is a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball.  I would not want them to overpay for short term solutions to upgrade at qb. I just do not think it is necessary with a healthy team. They were 6 minutes away from winning with him.

11 hours ago, DocNiner said:

A lot of guys hurt last year and it's hard to win games if your starters and even backups are missing games. I'm not saying Garoppolo  bad QB  but I just don't feel he's gonna be the guy to win a superbowl.  Sometimes I get deja vu that I'm seeing Alex Smith revisited in Jimmy G. He's got the talent around him to contend and win a superbowl but can't shake the feeling he's not gonna do it. I'm ok with him next year but wish they'd try to take their #12 pick and move up somehow to get one of the better rookie QB's. He could sit a year and learn from Garoppolo. Jimmy has had limited time being a starter and I just don't see him improving much. Call it a gut feeling but just strongly feel he's not gonna win us a SB. Yes it's the team that wins and I'll support him being the guy  but sooner rather than later someone (John Lynch) is gonna wake up and say maybe we should go a different direction at the QB position.

I think Jimmy and Alex are different qbs.  Smith finally started to come around under harbaugh... biggest development for him was learning how not to turn the ball over.  I do not mind drafting or bringing in a more solid back up, but both mullens and beathard had moments where they looked decent. The games where they didn't, I witnessed  problems with the oline (neither giving the qb time nor opening rushing lanes).

Again, with a healthy team, the 9ers are competitive again.... with all of the injuries, they still almost made the playoffs.  I do not want them to give away the assets the've attained.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:44 AM, cmh6476 said:

Someone is missing out on bienemy

Yeah. The chiefs were last night. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. The chiefs were last night. 

Nice

Address the O-Line.  Find a competent receiver to complement Hill and Kelce.  Better LBers.  Add an end rusher to complement other stars on the D-Line.  And address corner with Breeland being a FA.

Do these things and I see the Chiefs having a strong chance of a Super Bowl appearance 3-peat.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:22 AM, cmh6476 said:

not a damn thing for the Chiefs, they should be the pre-season SuperBowl favorites :banana:

31-9 :banana:

8 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Address the O-Line.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, starter at right guard for the last five seasons, before opting out to battle COVID as a doctor in Canada in 2020, will be back.  So will Pro Bowl Tackle Eric Fisher, All-Pro Tackle (and CBS Sports' All-Decade team member) Mitchell Schwartz, and possibly even Pro Bowl guard Kelechi Osemele.

So... check.

Like I've said in another post, though, Mahomes is one of those special QBs who doesn't really even need an offensive line.  Despite the immense pressure brought by Tampa Bay in the SuperBowl against the Chiefs' Dollar Store O-line, Mahomes was still doing enough to win--throwing 30 yard dimes off his receivers' face masks from a prone position two feet off the ground, if necessary.  It was his receivers who let him down--Darrell Williams dropped that one, Mecole Hardman caught only 2 of 6 targets, and even Hill and Kelce were a combined 17 out of 25.  At least two TD passes were dropped, including that circus pass to Williams that would have been replayed forever if he had caught it, with several other 3rd-down drops prematurely terminating Chiefs' drives.

Find a competent receiver to complement Hill and Kelce.

They already have plenty.  Watkins was just hurt.  Demarcus Robinson hadn't been able to practice with the team all week due to being on the COVID list.  Mecole Hardman just had one of those days--not acceptable for a Pro, but not indicative of his competence, either.  I would even call Pringle "competent," though not yet a reliable stud or anything.

And let's not forget that Damien Williams, who was also a key receiver out of the backfield for last year's Championship team, will also presumably be back next year to pair up with CEH.

I really wouldn't do anything to the Chiefs' offense, other than welcome back all the pieces they had to play the SuperBowl without.  They are normally a well-oiled machine; but they (the receivers especially) just had a bad day Sunday.

Better LBers.  Add an end rusher to complement other stars on the D-Line.  And address corner with Breeland being a FA.

They can always get better on defense, and I agree that they should invest most of their draft capital and free agency leverage towards upgrading the defense.

I expect the Chiefs to go undefeated through the Super Bowl next season.

Address the O-Line.  Find a competent receiver to complement Hill and Kelce.  Better LBers.  Add an end rusher to complement other stars on the D-Line.  And address corner with Breeland being a FA.

Do these things and I see the Chiefs having a strong chance of a Super Bowl appearance 3-peat.

Is this the last year (2021) you see them making a run? I believe the Mahomes contract really balloons starting in 2022. Chris Jones's deal gets big starting this year. Do you as a fan see dark days looming?

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Is this the last year (2021) you see them making a run? I believe the Mahomes contract really balloons starting in 2022. Chris Jones's deal gets big starting this year. Do you as a fan see dark days looming?

Not at all.  In the past qb has held us back.  Now we have a QB leading the way and figure some other positions may suffer.  Need to keep hitting on the draft (including comp picks because you can't re-sign your own) and find cheap rental players who want to finishtheir career pursuing that ring.  I'll believe in it until it proves unfruitful.

I think there is very good chance that KC will be one and done super bowl winners.  

They wont go undefeated nest season, no way, no how.  

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

They wont go undefeated nest season, no way, no how.  

You're only saying that because the last 1500 or so teams that have tried to go undefeated have failed.

Way to go out on a limb, Nostradamus.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You're only saying that because the last 1500 or so teams that have tried to go undefeated have failed.

Way to go out on a limb, Nostradamus.

Your smarter then you look. Helping you pull your head out. 

Thanks.