Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Racial Equality is now Racial Equity

20 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Has anyone else noticed this transition recently?  

That's always been the plan.  They just aren't lying about it anymore.  

what the biden team is inferring is that the free market is racist and we need to move to communism to end racism.  in a few more years anyone claiming they believe in free markets will be labelled a racist. they wont get a job, loans, etc.

the democrats now firmly believe you are ready to surrender all your rights and freedoms in exchange for not being called a racist.

Hopefully this is a passing phase and Amerika comes to it's senses. In the mean time, I hope all of you are well insulated from this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the democrats now firmly believe you are ready to surrender all your rights and freedoms in exchange for not being called a racist.

This is our biggest problem, in a nutshell.  BLM, and the like, have been unbelievably savvy with their attacks on whites.  Even wanting your white kids to return to school is racist.  They continue pushing until you concede.  People see everyday that being labeled a racist is really a career death sentence.  

How is it even possible that we have so many "woke" people in this country?  Where the hell did all these liberal extremist attitudes come from in a country that was once great?

Alright someone explain to me the problem with racial equity.  What's wrong with trying to improve the lives of people that have sh!tty lives?  When did this become bad?

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What's wrong with trying to improve the lives of people that have sh!tty lives?  

Right now, I feel like I have some control over my outcomes in life. I've worked hard, and its payed off.  I can see results of my hard work over those that don't work as hard. If your life is sh!tty, what part of that do you own?  Why should your outcome be the same as mine?     

In a nutshell racial equality is rooting out systemic racism like not hiring based on skin color, not getting a loan based on skin color, not being able to vote, not having the same (equal) opportunities. Which is what 99.9% of America wants.  Equal opportunity and treatment for all.  

Racial Equity is things like Affirmative Action and Reparations.  Actually rigging a practice the “other” way.   

29 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Alright someone explain to me the problem with racial equity.  What's wrong with trying to improve the lives of people that have sh!tty lives?  When did this become bad?

Racial equality = Everyone has the same opportunity no matter who they are. This what most people want.

Racial equity = 13% of all new doctors must be black.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Instead of aiming for a color blind world.... colorblindness is racist.

With equity, we need racial conciousness front and center in all things and screw white people.

Fortunately as Sicilians, you and I can pass for hispanic and thank our lucky stars. I know I've got a good dose of swarthy and my kids ... ssshh.... they aren't half Asian either. Asian is just as bad, if not worse, in some cases. We're hispanic. Check that box, we gotta get out of white jail. The rest of these guys are focked.

Affirmative action has been around forever, it's nothing new.

When I read up on racial equity, it's more about economics.  There is a pretty big wealth gap that just keeps getting bigger.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Instead of aiming for a color bling world.... colorblindness is racist.

With equity, we need racial conciousness front and center in all things and screw white people.

Fortunately as Sicilians, you and I can pass for hispanic and thank our lucky stars. I know I've got a good dose of swarthy and my kids ... ssshh.... they aren't half Asian either. Asian is just as bad, if not worse, in some cases. We're hispanic. Check that box, we gotta get out of white jail. The rest of these guys are focked.

Yeah so I think the problem is that there is no one definition of racial equity, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include screwing white people.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yeah so I think the problem is that there is no one definition of racial equity, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include screwing white people.

You're wrong. These people, they don't want color blindness. They don't want equal opportunity. They don't care about competence. They want quotas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You're wrong. These people, they don't want color blindness. They don't want equal opportunity. They don't care about competence. They want quotas. 

Again, quotas have existed for decades.  How is this new?

43 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Example of mandated quotas for jobs on the federal level? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is no mandate on the federal level to hire based on race. 

OK, but that doesn't mean quotas don't or haven't existed elsewhere for years.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

That's not entirely true.  The notion of affirmative action isn't really practiced that much.  Being legal and being mandated are 2 different things.

• In my office, we have 27 people... of which, there is one black guy, one black woman, and one Hispanic woman.  The other 24 are made up 13 white men and 11 white women.
  • My sister-in-law works for child services.  In her office of 14, there are 12 women... 10 are white and 2 are black.  The other two are white men.
  • My brother is a retired police office, his department had 15 people which consisted of 11 white men, 2 Hispanic men, 1 black man, and 1 white woman.
  • My son works for a engineering company that has about 85 people... of which, there are 2 black men, 1 Hispanic man, 1 Asian woman, and 1 Hispanic woman.  The rest are about 50/50 between men and women... all white.
  • My cousin owns his own small business where he employs 7 people... 6 are white.
  • I have friends who own a small ice cream stand, had it for about 40 years.  I can count on 1 hand how many non-white people they've employed in that time frame.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

OK, but that doesn't mean quotas don't or haven't existed elsewhere for years.

Why are quotas a good thing?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why are quotas a good thing?

holy crap.  gutterboy thinks quotas are good thing? yikes.

I believe in merit and opportunity.  quotas are the exact opposite of that.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

When I read up on racial equity, it's more about economics.  There is a pretty big wealth gap that just keeps getting bigger.

Well, let's see.  We have an open southern border where 99.9% of the people coming across have no significant skills so they are poor and the kids they spawn once they get here are poor.  In addition, there is a big cultural problem in the black community such that they haven't made significant progress statistically in 50+ years while other cultures seem to be able to.  Between these two factors, and probably a couple other smaller ones,  we replace or increase the number of poor people even with the rest of society improving economically.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not entirely true.  The notion of affirmative action isn't really practiced that much.  Being legal and being mandated are 2 different things.

• In my office, we have 27 people... of which, there is one black guy, one black woman, and one Hispanic woman.  The other 24 are made up 13 white men and 11 white women.
  • My sister-in-law works for child services.  In her office of 14, there are 12 women... 10 are white and 2 are black.  The other two are white men.
  • My brother is a retired police office, his department had 15 people which consisted of 11 white men, 2 Hispanic men, 1 black man, and 1 white woman.
  • My son works for a engineering company that has about 85 people... of which, there are 2 black men, 1 Hispanic man, 1 Asian woman, and 1 Hispanic woman.  The rest are about 50/50 between men and women... all white.
  • My cousin owns his own small business where he employs 7 people... 6 are white.
  • I have friends who own a small ice cream stand, had it for about 40 years.  I can count on 1 hand how many non-white people they've employed in that time frame.

OK, well thanks for your anecdotal evidence, but a poll of your families employers racial makeups doesn't mean that employers/universities don't make decisions based on race/sex/etc.

16 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Has anyone else noticed this transition recently?  

No. What is the difference between the 2?

People really don’t know what equity means? It’s like this: If you rent a room on Craigslist , you have no equity in the house. But if you marry someone who owns a house, they have equity in the house. Easy enough? 

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Opportunities v/s outcomes

Okay. I googled and it seemed like these terms were being used interchangably. 

34 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

OK, well thanks for your anecdotal evidence, but a poll of your families employers racial makeups doesn't mean that employers/universities don't make decisions based on race/sex/etc.

Simply pointing out, with evidence, that it's not mandated.  Also notice that 2 of those are/were government entities and 2 are in healthcare.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Racial equity = 13% of all new doctors must be black.

There is good and bad in this.  The bad is that this could lead to more bad doctors in the black community which would translate to lesser quality of healthcare in the black community.  The good is that with the increased competition among the other races, it should increase the quality of healthcare in those communities.  Of course, the obvious conclusion will be overlooked by Democrats until it's election time and then they'll blame it on white people and Republican's.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Okay. I googled and it seemed like these terms were being used interchangably. 

I think that's on purpose.  

People are dumb enough to go for “mostly peaceful” , so this should be even easier. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There is good and bad in this.  The bad is that this could lead to more bad doctors in the black community which would translate to lesser quality of healthcare in the black community.  The good is that with the increased competition among the other races, it should increase the quality of healthcare in those communities.  Of course, the obvious conclusion will be overlooked by Democrats until it's election time and then they'll blame it on white people and Republican's.

Do you want this person treating you in the ER?

https://files.catbox.moe/3afrvx.png

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Thanks. I pulled up an article that described them in opposite terms. :thumbsup: 

This article doesn’t say anything about guaranteeing outcomes, it says equity is about delivering resources based on need. Nobody can guarantee fair outcomes. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nope.

Well, she bumped someone who was leaps and bounds better. Simply because of the color of her skin.

She's so stupid she doesn't even realize that.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

This article doesn’t say anything about guaranteeing outcomes, it says equity is about delivering resources based on need.  

You getting "stuff"(jobs, money, housing etc) based solely on a perceived need is the outcome.