Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Racial Equality is now Racial Equity

32 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Not just last, but last by 20 miles.  The single-mother rate in the black community is like 73% and growing.  No other race is even close to that number.

Why is that? Is it because black people are less moral?  Inferior?  No souls?

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

That's why no actual discussions occur on this site.  Some of them are difficult, and labeling anyone who doesn't agree with you a racist klansman just shuts it down. 

Sorry I was just making a joke.

While I agree that black families suffer more from broken homes than white folk, I disagree that it's because they are black, but rather because they are poor.  Which is why generating more equity with black folk makes sense.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Generational Poverty isn't color blind, if the rules are fair then any person can do it.  My parents lived in a trailer park when I was born.

Lots of black people climb out of poverty too. Black poverty rates have fallen from over 40% in 1965 to under 20% today. Whites have remained pretty consistently just under 10% during that time.

Any idea why what might have happened in the mid-60s to let black people narrow the gap? Other than the hip hop. ;) 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Sorry I was just making a joke.

While I agree that black families suffer more from broken homes than white folk, I disagree that it's because they are black, but rather because they are poor.  Which is why generating more equity with black folk makes sense.

The marriage rate for blacks during the Great Depression was more than it was for whites. 

46 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Obviously we are speaking general terms but I'll bite:

Inferior?  No, of course not.

No Souls?  No, of course not.

Less moral?  Lets deep dive, shall we?

Moralityprinciples concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

This is where a family structure (father figure) and less sub-cultures that glorify crime / drugs / and "bitches ain't shiot but hoes and tricks"  come into play.  

Gutterboy, Human beings are human beings are human beings.  The question at hand is why (root cause) is there still this disparity?  When Asians, Indians, etc thrive?

I know this makes people uncomfortable, but its okay to think about and answer the questions.  Only then will real progress be made.  

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The marriage rate for blacks during the Great Depression was more than it was for whites. 

Well then I stand corrected.  It's hip hop to blame

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Obviously we are speaking general terms but I'll bite:

Inferior?  No, of course not.

No Souls?  No, of course not.

Less moral?  Lets deep dive, shall we?

Moralityprinciples concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

This is where a family structure (father figure) and less sub-cultures that glorify crime / drugs / and "bitches ain't shiot but hoes and tricks"  come into play.  

Gutterboy, Human beings are human beings are human beings.  The question at hand is why (root cause) is there still this disparity?  When Asians, Indians, etc thrive?

I know this makes people uncomfortable, but its okay to think about and answer the questions.  Only then will real progress be made.  

Ok so black people are less moral because of hip hop or because of the morality gene?

What about white people that listen to hip hop?  Are they immune because they are genetically moral?

Its rather simple, equality of opportunity = great.......equity of outcome = terrible idea

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Its rather simple, equality of opportunity = great.......equity of outcome = terrible idea

See that's just the thing, you can't have equal opportunity if you lack the equity

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Ok so black people are less moral because of hip hop or because of the morality gene?

What about white people that listen to hip hop?  Are they immune because they are genetically moral?

Again, this is macro discussion as individuals are just that.  I feel like that disclaimer is needed.

Who said anything about genetics?  That is you putting words in peoples mouths and being intellectually dishonest.

And not sure why you are stuck on "hip hop" as the only qualifier.  That current sub-culture cannot be denied though as a tangent cause.  A 16 year old person is very much impressionable, this cannot be denied.  And when a statistically significant portion of that set is impressioned upon that leads to negative lifestyle choices is a reality.  No matter how much you want to stick your head in the sand or it makes you uncomfortable.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

See that's just the thing, you can't have equal opportunity if you lack the equity

You absolutely can.

Everyone is not equally positioned to start with. I will never play in the NBA, or design a space ship, or make love to Selma Hayak(fockin dambit).  But I have the opportunity to try.

If I bust my arse and get through school and manage to make money, that's because I earned it, and I should not have to give way to someone else who did not.

This automatic assumption that disparity exists because of skin color is inane.  It's part of where you come from of course, but not exclusively, MOST of your life experience in based on your decisions and actions.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Again, this is macro discussion as individuals are just that.  I feel like that disclaimer is needed.

Who said anything about genetics?  That is you putting words in peoples mouths and being intellectually dishonest.

And not sure why you are stuck on "hip hop" as the only qualifier.  That current sub-culture cannot be denied though as a tangent cause.  A 16 year old person is very much impressionable, this cannot be denied.  And when a statistically significant portion of that set is impressioned upon that leads to negative lifestyle choices is a reality.  No matter how much you want to stick your head in the sand or it makes you uncomfortable.  

Ok so white people listening to hip hop, equally as bad?

8 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Why are quotas a good thing?

Vending machines? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Ok so white people listening to hip hop, equally as bad?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

You absolutely can.

Everyone is not equally positioned to start with. I will never play in the NBA, or design a space ship, or make love to Selma Hayak(fockin dambit).  But I have the opportunity to try.

If I bust my arse and get through school and manage to make money, that's because I earned it, and I should not have to give way to someone else who did not.

This automatic assumption that disparity exists because of skin color is inane.  It's part of where you come from of course, but not exclusively, MOST of your life experience in based on your decisions and actions.

The disparity exists because of wealth and you have more opportunity when you're white because you're not prejudged.  That's the bottom line.  Of course poor black people can make it, it's just harder for them.

I had it real easy.  Middle aged white kid, parents taught me morals and ideals, AND I grew up listening to KRS one and Eric B and Rakim.  If I had absent parents and no means to go to college, I'd probably be at the seafood warehouse with mdc right now

• Haha 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I had it real easy.  Middle aged white kid, parents taught me morals and ideals, AND I grew up listening to KRS one and Eric B and Rakim.  If I had absent parents and no means to go to college, I'd probably be at the seafood warehouse with mdc right now

Life is not black and white, nor do we live in a vacuum.  The whole hip hop thing is but one tangent, one layer of the onion.  You are trying to make it the main ingredient.  Good grief.  There was a reason having two parents and morals were ranked over hip hop culture.

Close your eyes and imagine if your dad left when you were three, mom had to now work two jobs, all you did was hang out with your buddies AND now were influenced by Snoop Dog.  Then you get a weed charge at 15, kicked out of school, don't care anymore.....yada yada.  

BTW, I'd crush you in any 80's or 90's rap trivia.  I wore Orange Etonics with my Miami Hurricanes Starter jacket and New Era hat.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Life is not black and white, nor do we live in a vacuum.  The whole hip hop thing is but one tangent, one layer of the onion.  You are trying to make it the main ingredient.  Good grief.  There was a reason having two parents and morals were ranked over hip hop culture.

Close your eyes and imagine if your dad left when you were three, mom had to now work two jobs, all you did was hang out with your buddies AND now were influenced by Snoop Dog.  Then you get a weed charge at 15, kicked out of school, don't care anymore.....yada yada.  

BTW, I'd crush you in any 80's or 90's rap trivia.  I wore Orange Etonics with my Miami Hurricanes Starter jacket and New Era hat.  

n please.  I had a Knicks starter, Raiders cap, a focking built my own Pyle Driver speaker box for my EXP fashioned with Radio Shack amps and an EQ under my steering wheel.

How many black hoes have you had sex with? Based on your experience ( not the lies of hip hop) if you had to rank how easy it was to get sex from a woman where do you think Black women would fall in comparison to all the races? How easy to get a black woman to give a BJ or do anything wild or be carefree sexually? Do you think black women are the sluts and whores of the races? Honestly, answer that question based on your experience, not the lies of Hollywood or the music industry. 
You guys are placing single motherhood on the shoulders of Black women because you think we’re whores, right? 

It depends if they just got their hair did. If they just got their hair did you can’t go near them. 

3 hours ago, peenie said:

How many black hoes have you had sex with? Based on your experience ( not the lies of hip hop) if you had to rank how easy it was to get sex from a woman where do you think Black women would fall in comparison to all the races? How easy to get a black woman to give a BJ or do anything wild or be carefree sexually? Do you think black women are the sluts and whores of the races? Honestly, answer that question based on your experience, not the lies of Hollywood or the music industry. 
You guys are placing single motherhood on the shoulders of Black women because you think we’re whores, right? 

Is this for someone specific or do we all get to join in?

How many black hoes have you had sex with? If by "hoes" you mean hookers, none. You can throw every other race into that answer as well.

Based on your experience ( not the lies of hip hop) if you had to rank how easy it was to get sex from a woman where do you think Black women would fall in comparison to all the races? How does hip hop lie to me? Anyway, all races the same. 

How easy to get a black woman to give a BJ or do anything wild or be carefree sexually? Same as any other race.

Do you think black women are the sluts and whores of the races? I'm sure they have their share of them. Just like every other race does.

You guys are placing single motherhood on the shoulders of Black women because you think we’re whores, right?  Nope. Has nothing to do with being a hoe or not.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

No.  And no one has said that.  I have no idea why black women have highest stats regarding single motherhood.  Are you denying that they do?

15 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I have no idea, but they need to address it, like, yesterday.  That's why they commit 60% of the crimes.

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I have no idea, but they need to address it, like, yesterday.  That's why they commit 60% of the crimes.

Black people commit 60% of all crimes? :lol:

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Something like that. Well, violent crimes. 

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

53% of violent crimes.  It's actually black men between the ages of 18-34... not all black people.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

53% of violent crimes.  It's actually black men between the ages of 18-34... not all black people.

And so many don’t even get reported. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And so many don’t even get reported. 

And it doesn't count the one's where the person (regardless of race), was under 18... even if they were tried as an adult.

I think someone posted a link that showed this at some point last year.  It was from the Justice Department I believe.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Damn.  We really need to ban hip hop.

No, just need men and women to be responsible for their children.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

No.  And no one has said that.  I have no idea why black women have highest stats regarding single motherhood.  Are you denying that they do?

She's been asked this before when she addresses African American single mothers; why do the men leave? I don't recall ever getting a straight answer, but I am not surprised. 

Peenie, why don't AA men stay with their pregnant girlfriends/wives? Why don't they pay to support and take care of the children? 

2k more murders nationwide in 2020 than 2019. Defund the police. 

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

She's been asked this before when she addresses African American single mothers; why do the men leave? I don't recall ever getting a straight answer, but I am not surprised. 

Peenie, why don't AA men stay with their pregnant girlfriends/wives? Why don't they pay to support and take care of the children? 

I would add on, why don't black women wise up and be smarter in their choices of who they let impregnate them? Or maybe, learn to use birth control? 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I would add on, why don't black women wise up and be smarter in their choices of who they let impregnate them? Or maybe, learn to use birth control? 

This has an answer, there are certain communities that don't have access to healthcare and/or birth control, or at least affordable healthcare and birth control. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

This has an answer, there are certain communities that don't have access to healthcare and/or birth control, or at least affordable healthcare and birth control. 

It's not a good one though.  That's an excuse.

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

I'm not sure I agree with you on this.  Pretty sure PP has their strongest presence in the inner city, which is why they abort so many black babies.  But, to the extent that you're correct, this is one area we should be focused on.  My concern is that I don't think black parent's give "the talk" to their children which is why there's such a high pregnancy rate.  I think they go to PP AFTER they're pregnant and not before.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm not sure I agree with you on this.  Pretty sure PP has their strongest presence in the inner city, which is why they abort so many black babies.  But, to the extent that you're correct, this is one area we should be focused on.  My concern is that I don't think black parent's give "the talk" to their children which is why there's such a high pregnancy rate.  I think they go to PP AFTER they're pregnant and not before.

I agree as well. 

I also think that the absence of a parent is where it starts. Fathers are the ones that often show the discipline, there is a reason why family units with both parents are stronger, at least in my opinion (and what I can remember from my early childhood development classes 20 years ago). You have only one parent that's busy all the time, the children are unsupervised, tend to get bored and get into trouble. Anyways, just my opinions. Peenie seems to take a lot of flack for single AA moms, but when the questions are asked she doesn't seem to want to converse about that. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I agree with you except for why do parents have to give the kids "the talk". Unless you are talking about kids screwing around when they are 12, which I know there are some but, by 14 or 15 I knew realities of having sex and the possible outcomes of "what if" she got pregnant (Then what the hell would I do?). 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I agree with you except for why do parents have to give the kids "the talk". Unless you are talking about kids screwing around when they are 12, which I know there are some but, by 14 or 15 I knew realities of having sex and the possible outcomes of "what if" she got pregnant (Then what the hell would I do?). 

Parents should give "the talk" because 15 year olds think with their crotch and not their brains.  I know when I was 16 I just wanted to get laid.  I didn't think about what if she got pregnant.  And I'm not saying parents should preach abstinence but they sure as hell should be telling their kids to use birth control.  And you know white kids are focking as much as black kids, but the black kids are getting pregnant at a much higher rate.

23 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Not that community. They have access to everything. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not that community. They have access to everything. 

There's a PP about 6 blocks from my firehouse and countless non-profits and the City Health Dept is stocked to the gills with rubbers.