Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Time to get rid of Christopher Columbus

Didn't really discover America.

Everybody knew the World was round during his time.

Really killed a lot of Native people and took many back to Spain as slaves.

Was a real nasty mofo.

Anyone disagree .. or have anything to add.

• Like 1

Columbus, Edison, Shakespeare, Lincoln, Churchill, da Vinci. Tear down Mt. Rushmore. All of them need to go.

Western Civilization died in 2020. It's just vultures and wolves fighting over the carcass now.

The world is going to sh*t, kozmiq leading the parade in a jester outfit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Was a real nasty mofo.

I wonder what would happen to you on the ship that crossed the ocean at that time in history. Oh, this should be a movie. People like you thrust back into the past and put on the ship during the crossing. In that time and place. 

:thumbsup:

A black trans woman discovered America.

21 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Was a real nasty mofo.

I liked many of his movies. 

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

A black trans woman discovered America.

L'Quesha Erikson

All time travel movies are going to be absolutely ruined.  The only plot will be how everyone is white and racist.  Instead of asking "would you go back in time and kill Hitler?"  It will be "would you go back in time and all white people since they are all Hitler?"

7 hours ago, jonmx said:

Everyone knew the world was round, but nobody was willing to prove it.  

And Columbus didn't. Magellan did.

Yeah, Columbus is largely a myth that I'm fine with seeing go. 

He was very brave and a gifted sailor. He did a lot to open up the Western Hemisphere and bring civilization to it. They didn’t even have the wheel yet. 

I don't much care, keep him, get rid of him, do whatever, I have to go make money.....

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't much care, keep him, get rid of him, do whatever, I have to go make money.....

Those fries aren't going to make themselves!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And Columbus didn't. Magellan did.

Yeah, Columbus is largely a myth that I'm fine with seeing go. 

Italian Americans revere Columbus and don’t want to give him up. 

Just now, MDC said:

Italian Americans revere Columbus and don’t want to give him up. 

My great grandparents came over from Italy on a boat and they never mentioned Columbus. Grandparents - same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My great grandparents came over from Italy on a boat and they never mentioned Columbus. Grandparents - same thing. 

Just know from having lived in South Philly they aren’t going to take retiring Columbus well. 

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Those fries aren't going to make themselves!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just know from having lived in South Philly they aren’t going to take retiring Columbus well. 

You know a lot of fake Italians then.  I grew up with literally hundreds of family members who came from Italy.  I never heard one of them ever boast about Columbus.  They do make fun of a lot of South Philly and NYC Italians who never lived there and pretend that they're hard core Italians though.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just tell them that they can keep their Rocky Balboa statue and they won't give a sh!t. 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

You know a lot of fake Italians then.  

Totally possible. I have an uncle in Queens who is first generation. I’ll ask him sometime.

12 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Was a real nasty mofo.

ADD---if he wasn't in such a damn hurry he would have seen the iceberg and Jack and Rose might have had a chance at a life together.  

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

ADD---if he wasn't in such a damn hurry he would have seen the iceberg and Jack and Rose might have had a chance at a life together.  

Yeah, she promises to never let go, and then......  😤

Wow - essentially he is white male privilege because he wore a puffy jacket and mittens.  People are focking crazy.  Far left liberal ideology is a mental disorder. 

They are canceling people from history because they are white.  Don't let anyone fool you.  

One could laugh, but it stopped being funny

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Totally possible. I have an uncle in Queens who is first generation. I’ll ask him sometime.

I'm willing to bet that his response will be similar to my family's.  Did you ever notice how much Philly Italians play up the mafia angle?  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My husband's family came from Italy as well, they never mention 

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Wow - essentially he is white male privilege because he wore a puffy jacket and mittens.  People are focking crazy.  

They are canceling people from history because they are white.  Don't let anyone fool you.  

It's not because he owns 5 houses? 

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Wow - essentially he is white male privilege because he wore a puffy jacket and mittens.  People are focking crazy.  Far left liberal ideology is a mental disorder. 

The funny part of this is, HE's ON THEIR SIDE!!  LOL

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm willing to bet that his response will be similar to my family's.  Did you ever notice how much Philly Italians play up the mafia angle?  :rolleyes:

I only see him once a year or so but I’ll try to remember to ask.

Haven’t noticed that it Philly but I went to school with some people in NY/NJ who never stopped talking about family members with mob connections.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I only see him once a year or so but I’ll try to remember to ask.

Haven’t noticed that it Philly but I went to school with some people in NY/NJ who never stopped talking about family members with mob connections.

Yeah, it's pretty big up there too.  You're probably right that it's worse up there than in Philly though... I just don't go up there anywhere as much.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, it's pretty big up there too.  You're probably right that it's worse up there than in Philly though... I just don't go up there anywhere as much.

I moved to Philly as an adult - that’s probably the only difference. I’m sure the teenagers and mental children here brag about it too. The wannabe thugs I see in Philly are too dumb to organize. Selling meth and purse snatching is more their speed.

16 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Was a real nasty mofo.

What sort of life, or lack there of do you have for something like this to bother you ? 

What sort of life, or lack there of do you have for something like this to bother you enough to respond to it

He brought them Christ. They should be grateful. 

Dont care one way or another.  

He was probably overrated.

The cancel culture is terrible these days though.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I moved to Philly as an adult - that’s probably the only difference. I’m sure the teenagers and mental children here brag about it too. The wannabe thugs I see in Philly are too dumb to organize. Selling meth and purse snatching is more their speed.

That's certainly reasonable.

36 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

What sort of life, or lack there of do you have for something like this to bother you enough to respond to it

One thing I would say on topic is that if the country just removed Columbus Day as a National Holiday, aside from Columbus' descendants maybe…. maybe, no one would really care.  I believe everyone is up to speed enough, and have been for well over 40 years, to know what Columbus did or didn't do.  The only thing people would care about is losing the paid holiday.  If Biden came out today and said we're replacing Columbus Day with Juneteenth, no one would be upset.  In fact, most of the population would be happy because they'll still get a paid day off that they don't actually care about... but it'll be in the Summer.  It's a win for everyone.  The black people can be happy because the Democrats pandered to them a little more.  Didn't really give them anything, but they'll be happy.  White guilter liberals can be happy because they'll be giving back for something they never took.  Reasonable white people (Conservatives), will just a paid day off in the Summer.  No one loses.