Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

Player in SB other than Mahomes/Brady to come up big

Other than Brady and Mahomes what player/players do you see coming up big for their team and.making a difference  in the outcome of the game.

OFFENSE-RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE.              15 carries,  68 yds., 1 td.                                             7 receptions,  82 yds.,1 td

DEFENSE- DB TYRANN MATHIEU-                            2 INT's, 1 returned 33 yds. and 1 td.

KC-

Offense,  WR Mecole Hardman,  3 rec, 90 yds, and a 65 yd TD.  and a punt return for a TD

Defense, DT Chris Jones, 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 tfl, FF, FR

TB-

Offense, RB Leonard Fournette, 22 carries, 115 yds, 2 TDs,  2 rec, 25 yds

Defense, S Antoine Winfield Jr.  8 tackles, Int, 2 pd, FR for TD

bell could get those rb numbers.

And win the MVP.

1000 to 1, odds in Vegas.

Just saying. 🐶

10 hours ago, taco breath said:

bell could get those rb numbers.

And win the MVP.

1000 to 1, odds in Vegas.

Just saying. 🐶

I don't see it happening.  CEH is practicing in full and the other D Williams has looked better than Bell.

How about like most of the rest of the team?  Its NOT about Brady vs Mahomes.  Neither Brady, Mahomes or any QB has ever or can ever win a SB by themselves.  Can we get off that idea?  Geesh. 

Just about any KC skill player.  And you all can narrow your guesses to just KC because this will be a rout.  Possibly the most lopsided Super Bowl score in history.

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Possibly the most lopsided Super Bowl score in history.

Well let's see: The three most lopsided super bowls were: 2014 Broncos 43 Seahawks 8- 35 point margin; 1986 Bears 46 Pats 10- 36 point margin and 1990 49ers 55 Broncos 10- 45 point margin. So lets split the difference and say the Chiefs would have to win by 40 to fulfill your prediction. In the regular season 9 of the Chiefs' 14 wins were by single digits including 5 by 3pts or less. They only won two games all year by big margins and both were less than 30 and against the terrible Jets and Broncos. The spread on the Super Bowl is between 3 and 3.5, depending on where you look, and hasn't really moved, meaning both Vegas and the Sharp money thinks it will be close. Throw in the Tampa QB being the GOAT and your prediction goes against all possible logic. If you really believe half of what you said, you should be making huge wagers on the Chiefs at that number... 

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Just about any KC skill player.  And you all can narrow your guesses to just KC because this will be a rout.  Possibly the most lopsided Super Bowl score in history.

Super Bowl Contender 

6 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Neither Brady, Mahomes or any QB has ever or can ever win a SB by themselves.

I'm going to have to see the testing results on that theory, especially in regards to Mahomes.

35 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Well let's see: The three most lopsided super bowls were: 2014 Broncos 43 Seahawks 8- 35 point margin; 1986 Bears 46 Pats 10- 36 point margin and 1990 49ers 55 Broncos 10- 45 point margin. So lets split the difference and say the Chiefs would have to win by 40 to fulfill your prediction. In the regular season 9 of the Chiefs' 14 wins were by single digits including 5 by 3pts or less. They only won two games all year by big margins and both were less than 30 and against the terrible Jets and Broncos. The spread on the Super Bowl is between 3 and 3.5, depending on where you look, and hasn't really moved, meaning both Vegas and the Sharp money thinks it will be close. Throw in the Tampa QB being the GOAT and your prediction goes against all possible logic. If you really believe half of what you said, you should be making huge wagers on the Chiefs at that number... 

Agreed, in general.  The Chiefs don't win by overkill like that.  They tend to come out like it's a party in the first half, get down 17-3, then get mad and come back to win 34-20.  No, it won't be a blowout, it will just be the kind of easy victory that you get when you can pretty much do anything you want at any point in the game.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:17 AM, JagFan said:

Nice call

The refs for sure, although I guess they don't count as players, "officially"

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

The refs for sure, although I guess they don't count as players, "officially"

it may not have been the best officiated game I've seen, but the Chiefs did not lose because of  it.

The offense just didnt get it done.  Largely because the Defensive front for TB totally dominated the OL of the Chiefs.

That  poor  performance filtered down and Mahomes  couldnt throw  the deep ball the way he  wanted  to.  TB's DB's  were Jamming receivers at the line and the KC offense couldnt get into sync.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:17 AM, JagFan said:

No longer a Super Bowl Contender, now the Super Bowl Champs. 

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it may not have been the best officiated game I've seen, but the Chiefs did not lose because of  it.

The offense just didnt get it done.  Largely because the Defensive front for TB totally dominated the OL of the Chiefs.

That  poor  performance filtered down and Mahomes  couldnt throw  the deep ball the way he  wanted  to.  TB's DB's  were Jamming receivers at the line and the KC offense couldnt get into sync.

No, they didn't, but it certainly didn't help that the officiating was as bad as the 3 weeks of replacement refs in 2012.

I said on the other thread that the Bucs looked like the better team. I just think it ruined the game as viewer. If I were a Tampa fan, I'm sure I wouldn't care.

The two biggest factors for the Chiefs, their decimated OL and the refs.

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

No, they didn't, but it certainly didn't help that the officiating was as bad as the 3 weeks of replacement refs in 2012.

I said on the other thread that the Bucs looked like the better team. I just think it ruined the game as viewer. If I were a Tampa fan, I'm sure I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't discount settling for field goals and not capitalizing in the red zone and the dumb timeout right before half.

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

No, the biggest factor for the Chiefs were all the dropped passes, including 2 potential TDs and several other 3rd-down drive-enders.  Mahomes was doing enough to win, even despite the immense pressure being applied by the Bucs--throwing 30 yard dimes from a prone position two feet off the ground when necessary.  But that one bounced off of Darrell Williams' face mask in the end zone, or it would have been replayed forever.  Hardman caught 2 of 6 targets.  Hill and Kelce combined for 17 of 25.  The OL will be better next year with its Pro Bowl members back, but Mahomes doesn't need an O-line to be competitive--he just needs his receivers to catch his passes.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No, the biggest factor for the Chiefs were all the dropped passes, including 2 potential TDs and several other 3rd-down drive-enders.  Mahomes was doing enough to win, even despite the immense pressure being applied by the Bucs--throwing 30 yard dimes from a prone position two feet off the ground when necessary.  But that one bounced off of Darrell Williams' face mask in the end zone, or it would have been replayed forever.  Hardman caught 2 of 6 targets.  Hill and Kelce combined for 17 of 25.  The OL will be better next year with its Pro Bowl members back, but Mahomes doesn't need an O-line to be competitive--he just needs his receivers to catch his passes.

Sooo.... they chocked?  Surprising.  I thought that the team who was going to have an easy win would've been a little more confident.  Guess not.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sooo.... they chocked?  Surprising.  I thought that the team who was going to have an easy win would've been a little more confident.  Guess not.

I think the word you are looking for is "choked," and yes, it's a pretty good descriptor for the Chiefs' WR corps on Sunday.  If anything, though, I think the problem was too much confidence, rather than not enough--they've never NOT been able to overcome silly early mistakes before, but this game, they just kept making them.

Hopefully it will be a lesson to the best team in the NFL that simply being the best isn't enough if you don't show it every time.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hopefully it will be a lesson to the best team in the NFL that simply being the best isn't enough if you don't show it every time.

Bucs, who were the best team in the league, didn't need a lesson. They just simply went out there and proved it in a beat down.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Bucs, who were the best team in the league...

Their record would say otherwise.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Their record would say otherwise.

Not a great way to judge a team necessarily. 

24 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not a great way to judge a team necessarily. 

Still, it's all we have.

Or at least it's all we use, when determining the "best" teams for the playoffs.

The Redskins disprove that.  

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Still, it's all we have.

Or at least it's all we use, when determining the "best" teams for the playoffs.

No it isn't... we actually have play the playoffs to determine that.  There's even a game called, the "Super Bowl", that actually gets played which determines who the best team is.  Here's a link.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No it isn't... we actually have play the playoffs to determine that.  There's even a game called, the "Super Bowl", that actually gets played which determines who the best team is.  Here's a link.

Weepawed.

22 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Still, it's all we have.

Early in the season only matters in terms of helping you get to the postseason. Can easily argue from week 14 on the Bucs were the best team.

Ok we need a discussion, so make the easy argument that the Bucs were the best team in the nfl week 14 on. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ok we need a discussion, so make the easy argument that the Bucs were the best team in the nfl week 14 on. 

8-0, average score of 31-19, including wins over the NFC 1 & 2 seeds and the AFC 1 seed.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, AxeElf said:

No, the biggest factor the Chiefs were all the dropped passes, including 2 potential TDs and several other 3rd-down drive-enders.  Mahomes was doing enough to win, even despite the immense pressure being applied by the Bucs--throwing 30 yard dimes from a prone position two feet off the ground when necessary.  But that one bounced off of Darrell Williams' face mask in the end zone, or it would have been replayed forever.  Hardman caught 2 of 6 targets.  Hill and Kelce combined for 17 of 25.  The OL will be better next year with its Pro Bowl members back, but Mahomes doesn't need an O-line to be competitive--he just needs his receivers to catch his passes.

you are right.  there were some dropped passes  that  hurt far more  than any of  those  officiating call.   I guess it all goes together in a nice tapestry.

bottom line, TB was  able to make plays  when it counts and KC  was not.

While Mahomes didnt play nearly as well as  hes capable, the WR's certainly did not help him.

and when up against  a top  team in the superbowl, you need to finish your drives unless you have a  top 3  Defense  shutting down the  opposing offense.

KC is a good team in a lot of ways,  but Their Defense is not the strength of their  team.

16 hours ago, t.j said:

8-0, average score of 31-19, including wins over the NFC 1 & 2 seeds and the AFC 1 seed.

There you go. 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:17 AM, JagFan said:

Yikes.