Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

can anyone explain what qanon is?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It started as an anonymous poster that went by Q, who started talking about a conspiracy theory that Donald Trump was waging a secret war against a cabal of celebrities and Democratic politicians who abuse children in Satanic rituals. In one lurid variation, Hollywood stars harvest the chemical adrenochrome from children’s bodies.

Wow. So the following?

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Top 10 Facts About Human Trafficking in Africa

1. There are 9.2 million Africans that are victims of modern slavery as of 2016, accounting for 23 percent of total global modern slavery. Africans are vulnerable to forced labor, sexual exploitation and forced marriages.
  2. Human trafficking in Africa is a $13.1 billion industry. Out of this number, $8.9 billion comes from sexual exploitation. Victims of sex trafficking yield $21,800 each due to high demand, so even while forced labor has three times more victims, sexual exploitation generates more than double the profits.
  3. No African country completely complies with the Trafficking Victims Protection Act’s (TVPA), minimum standards for fighting human trafficking. Twenty-two African countries fall under Tier 2 that acknowledges that significant efforts are being made towards improvement and 19 other countries fall under Tier 2’s watch list, indicating that not enough progress has been made in the country. Nine countries, eight of which are not considered free, fall under Tier 3, where significant efforts have not yet been made.
  4. Forty percent of girls are married before they turn 18, with that number being even higher in some countries, like Nigeria and Chad. Forced marriage is, unfortunately, a cultural norm, leaving girls susceptible to domestic and sexual violence as well as serious health risks. These girls are also in the risk of being trafficked. Poverty and a lack of education perpetuate its cultural acceptance, making it harder for police to identify and help victims.
  5. Armed conflict throughout the continent makes children vulnerable to be trafficked and to becoming child soldiers. In the Central African Republic, for example, 6,000 children were forced into fighting. With many African countries sharing this reality, Africa accounts for 40 percent of all child soldiers in the world. The reckless and easily influenced nature of children makes them easy targets for traffickers, who view them as expendable.
  6. Human trafficking in Africa, especially of women and children, is facilitated by the cultural climate. With child labor being widely accepted, many parents living in poverty consider it an option when they cannot afford to raise their children. Many traffickers are close family or friends, so parents view the exchange as sending their children away for a while in order to make money. Other parents may view trafficking as people who enable their children to do work in order to prepare for married life.
  7. The majority of human trafficking in Africa takes place in Libya. Migrants attempting to reach Europe through Libya in order to escape the turmoil in their home country are especially vulnerable. Elaborate trafficking networks stretch throughout Libya from sub-Saharan states and traffickers target migrants on these routes with false and misleading job offers before pushing them into forced labor or sexual exploitation.
  8. Human trafficking in Africa is able to flourish partly because of minimal interstate cooperation in response to major trafficking rings. Currently, some states do succeed in identifying individual perpetrators, but often fail to dismantle the wide networks of traffickers that cross state borders. Eradicating human trafficking requires coordinated efforts, especially that of international police.
  9. Police are usually unequipped to deal with human trafficking. To start, most law enforcement officials do not understand the full definition and scope of human trafficking, often limiting it to sexual exploitation. Forced labor and marriage, especially for children, are usually left disregarded. Some officers are also questionable in the way they treat victims, sometimes doing more harm than good.
  10. Despite all the bad things, slow progress is still being made. The amount of African countries in TVPA’s third tier has decreased since 2015. Many countries strengthened the persecution of traffickers and six countries developed better anti-human trafficking lawsP

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's only a "conspiracy theory" to Democrats when they create the argument.  I would probably be a part of those percentages who believe in "conspiracy theories", because I believe 0% of anything that comes out of a Democrats mouth.  I don't care if the QAnon person is the loudest person or not, I just don't believe Democrats.

This isn't really about Democrat or Republican though.  This is about people pushing conspiracy theories.  It started on the 4chan message boards and the anonymous person went by Q.  People thought he was posting secret clues about Trump battling the deep state.  It's evolved into something more now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know where they are hearing about it but it's the Republicans that seem to be the believing the conspiracy theories.

"A Dec 30 NPR/Ipsos poll found that “recent misinformation, including false claims related to Covid-19 and QAnon, are gaining a foothold among some Americans.”

According to the survey, nearly a fifth of American adults, 17 percent, believe that “a group of Satan-worshiping elites who run a child sex ring are trying to control our politics.” Almost a third “believe that voter fraud helped Joe Biden win the 2020 election.” Even more, 39 percent, agree that “there is a deep state working to undermine President Trump.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/opinion/qanon-conspiracy-theories.html

Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffery Epstein have very close ties to Democrats. All the #metoo people are Hollywood elites how again have very close ties to democrats. 

So yeah I can see why people think a child sex ring that has been 100% verified and having had close ties to Democrats is a very real thing.

Do you think Epstein and Maxwell crimes are fake?

And yes there was voter fraud. 

And yes there is a deep state that worked to undermine the president. They've admitted it. Hell, there's a new Times article bragging about it.

All of the things you posted are true and have evidence to back them up.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, yeah, I'm sure.

It's amazing how obtuse and detached from reality one must be to not only not know what Qanon is but to think it's actually some kind of left-wing cult, even know likely 100 percent of its members - including this crazy-ass Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene - are Clownzilla-loving Republiturds. 

7 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Or maybe they heard about it on FOX News, which has carried dozens of Qanon stories:

https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=Qanon

Or Newsmax:

https://www.newsmax.com/search/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Qanon&gsc.sort=date

I'll take that bet.

I clicked your FoxNews link I'm not sure the stories you're suggesting they carried are actually what they carried.

POLITICS6 months ago
Marjorie Greene, controversial Georgia Republican, says she's not a QAnon candidate
Marjorie Greene, the Georgia Republican at the center of a political firestorm this week, rejected the notion she's a QAnon candidate in an interview Friday with Fox News and said her "Q"-supporting videos are in her past and don't represent her priorities for Congress.

US1 day ago
'QAnon Shaman' Anthony Chansley charged in Capitol riot to get organic food in jail
A judge on Wednesday ordered corrections authorities to provide organic food to an Arizona man who describes himself as a "QAnon Shaman" and has pleaded not guilty to charges related to his alleged participation in the U.S. Capitol riot while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns.

US4 months ago
Federal agent charged with making QAnon conspiracy-related threats against superior
An officer with U.S. Customs and Border Protection was charged in federal court in New Jersey last week after allegedly threatening the life of his superior, while also appearing to voice beliefs aligning with the QAnon conspiracy theory, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

MEDIA1 year ago
QAnon conspiracy theory enters politics: What to know
Daily Beast tech reporter Will Sommer talks to Fox News about Q and the QAnon conspiracy theory. Learn about what it is and why it has been moving from the fringes of the internet into mainstream politics, and why that could be dangerous for everyone.

POLITICS6 days ago
LIVE UPDATES: Calling 'QAnon Shaman' as impeachment witness would turn trial into 'circus,' Graham says
Follow for the latest updates on Trump's impeachment trial.

US6 months ago
QAnon hijacks #savethechildren hashtag: report
The New York Times on Wednesday accused followers of the right-wing group QAnon of hijacking the anti-human trafficking slogan "save the children," to push a political agenda on social media. 

POLITICS1 month ago
Sasse says QAnon 'destroying the GOP' in new op-ed
Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., said the QAnon conspiracy theory is "destroying the GOP from within" and called out House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and newly elected Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene in an op-ed Saturday.

POLITICS7 days ago
Lindsey Graham says calling 'QAnon Shaman' as impeachment witness would turn trial into 'circus'
The Trump impeachment trial is one clown short of a circus, according to Sen. Lindsey Graham. 

SPORTS5 months ago
Tim Tebow embraced by QAnon followers after Instagram post
Tim Tebow was accused of having some strange bedfellows Thursday after a seemingly innocuous Instagram post about sex trafficking.

POLITICS7 days ago
'QAnon Shaman' willing to testify in Trump's impeachment trial, lawyer says
A man who calls himself the "QAnon Shaman" and stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 while wearing a horned bearskin headdress, face paint and no shirt, is willing to testify in former President Trump’s upcoming impeachment trial, his lawyer said this week.

US1 month ago
‘QAnon Shaman’ Capitol rioter wants pardon from Trump
The attorney representing the so-called “QAnon Shaman” who stormed the US Capitol in a bizarre getup says President Trump should pardon his client before he leaves office next week.

POLITICS4 months ago
Anti-human trafficking groups push politicians, media companies to fight QAnon conspiracy theories
More than 80 anti-human-trafficking and victims’ services groups are pressing politicians, government officials and media organizations to combat conspiracy theories about trafficking designed to influence the upcoming election, according to a letter obtained by Fox News.

POLITICS1 month ago
Twitter suspends more than 70,000 QAnon-linked accounts, resulting in 'changes in follower count' for some
Jan 11, 2021 ... Twitter suspends more than 70,000 QAnon-linked accounts, resulting in 'changes in follower count' for some. Twitter permanently suspended the ...

US13 days ago
Lawyer for 'QAnon Shaman' says Capitol rioter regrets being 'duped' by Trump
The lawyer for the so-called "QAnon Shaman" who stormed the U.S. Capitol shirtless and wearing a horned bearskin headdress said his client regrets being "duped" by former President Donald Trump, and that the former president "invited" his client and thousands of other supporters to the Capitol on Jan. 6. 

POLITICS4 months ago
RNC's Ronna McDaniel spars with ABC host over QAnon question
Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel sparred with ABC's George Stephanopoulos after he accused her of refusing to condemn the conspiracy theory QAnon.

POLITICS9 days ago
AOC says GOP caucus made up of 'White supremacist sympathizers,' suggests McCarthy 'answers' to QAnon
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. scorched her Republican colleagues on Capitol Hill Wednesday, accusing them of sympathizing with White supremacists and alleging that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is beholden to QAnon conspiracy theorists.

US1 month ago
Shirtless, horned Capitol rioter refuses to eat because jail won’t serve organic food
A QAnon activist and Trump supporter who stormed the U.S. Capitol in a bearskin headdress is refusing to eat in prison unless he is given organic food, his mother said Monday, echoing the complaints of the man's public defender to the court.

MEDIA5 months ago
Axios walks back report tying conservative ‘Cuties’ outrage to the QAnon movement
Axios walked back a report that tied outrage to the controversial Netflix film “Cuties” to the QAnon movement on Monday. 

RADIO3 days ago
Karl Rove: We've Got To Get "QAnon Nuts Out Of Our Party & Out Of Positions Of Leadership"
On Fox Across America with Jimmy Failla, Fox News Contributor Karl Rove explained why anyone who believes in QAnon and other conspiracy theories need to be out of the GOP and their leadership positions. "I believe in our leaders, whether it is Kevin McCarthy or Liz Cheney or Steve Scalise. But I

ENTERTAINMENT2 years ago
Actor Isaac Kappy dead at 42 after he 'forced himself off' a bridge, posted ominous apology to Trump, QAnon
Actor Isaac Kappy died Monday morning after he "forced himself off" of a bridge in Arizona. He posted a disturbing message about President Trump and the Q Movement before ending his life.

POLITICS1 month ago
Twitter permanently suspends Flynn, Sidney Powell, says they engaged in 'harmful activity' related to QAnon
Twitter has moved to permanently suspend former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn and his attorney Sidney Powell on Friday after determining they had been engaged in “harmful activity.”

SPORTS5 months ago
Ex-Panthers Spanish radio announcer, who tweeted on QAnon, says he was let go over Trump support
A former Carolina Panthers Spanish-language radio announcer said his openness toward supporting President Trump cost him his job prior to the start of the 2020 NFL season.

CATEGORY1 day ago
Conspiracies - plots | Fox News
Conspiracies - plots

US1 month ago
Shirtless man in horned helmet at Capitol protest identified
The FBI is looking to identify anyone who broke into the Capitol building.

VIDEO6 months ago
Georgia Republican Marjorie Greene says she's not a QAnon candidate
Greene said she didn’t make QAnon part of her campaign for Georgia’s 14th Congressional district because she found 'misinformation' with 'Q.' Greene won the GOP primary on Aug. 11, 2020.

TRANSCRIPT8 days ago
AOC links Republicans to White supremacists, QAnon believers
Guests: Miranda Devine, Charles Payne, Thomas Massie, Mark Steyn, Rob Henderson, Peter Navarro

TRANSCRIPT6 months ago
Trump praises supporters of QAnon conspiracy theory
Aug 20, 2020 ... WATERS: Thank you. BAIER: Good evening, I'm Bret Baier. Coming to you live tonight from Wilmington, Delaware. They already started the music ...

POLITICS1 day ago
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene defends herself in floor speech: 'None of us are perfect'
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., said she regretted her past statements on QAnon conspiracy theories and they do not represent her beliefs today, in a floor speech before the House was to take a vote to strip her from committee assignments.

POLITICS1 year ago
What is QAnon, the conspiracy theory group showing up to Trump rallies?
In 2018, as President Trump has traveled across the country, a number of spectators have been spotted holding up giant cutouts of the letter Q and wearing T-shirts with the hashtag, #WeAreQ. 

US4 months ago
'Anti-government' mom from Utah allegedly kidnapped son before going off the grid: police
A Utah woman, who police suspect is a believer of the QAnon conspiracy theory, is accused of kidnapping her 6-year-old son during a supervised visit over the weekend and fleeing the state.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffery Epstein have very close ties to Democrats. All the #metoo people are Hollywood elites how again have very close ties to democrats. 

So yeah I can see why people think a child sex ring that has been 100% verified and having had close ties to Democrats is a very real thing.

Do you think Epstein and Maxwell crimes are fake?

And yes there was voter fraud. 

And yes there is a deep state that worked to undermine the president. They've admitted it. Hell, there's a new Times article bragging about it.

All of the things you posted are true and have evidence to back them up.

I think there can be some truth to some of it.  I think the Epstein stuff is true but I don't how much more there is to it.  I can understand why some think there is.  I don't think there is a group of Satan-worshipping elites that controls our politics though.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

It's amazing how obtuse and detached from reality one must be to not only not know what Qanon is but to think it's actually some kind of left-wing cult, even know likely 100 percent of its members - including this crazy-ass Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene - are Clownzilla-loving Republiturds. 

You guys are the ones who keep talking about it. So yeah, it's a left-wing cult boogieman.

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

It's not just conservatives that buy into some of the Qanon stuff.  It's a variety of people.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I think there can be some truth to some of it.  I think the Epstein stuff is true but I don't how much more there is to it.  I can understand why some think there is.  I don't think there is a group of Satan-worshipping elites that controls our politics though.

Well when they do weird satan worshipping sh1t like spirit parties. 

One has to wonder

https://wearechange.org/spirit-cooking-disturbing-podesta-email-yet-warning-graphic-content/

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not just conservatives that buy into some of the Qanon stuff.  It's a variety of people.

Let's start off small and build up. Any conservatives on this site buy into it?

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

You guys are the ones who keep talking about it. So yeah, it's a left-wing cult boogieman.

So you're saying Marjorie Taylor Greene is actually a left-winger disguising herself as a Republican congresswoman.

And all those people with their Q markings and Clownzilla signs were actually left-wingers posing as Republicans.

😂

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Drobeski, if I read that correctly.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I've said from the beginning qanon is a LARP that started on 4chan

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I'm not trying to push Qanon as a conservative or liberal thing, I've just been trying to explain what it is and how it started.  There are conspiracy theorists on both sides of the political spectrum.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

So you're saying Marjorie Taylor Greene is actually a left-winger disguising herself as a Republican congresswoman.

And all those people with their Q markings and Clownzilla signs were actually left-wingers posing as Republicans.

😂

How did you get that from "You guys are the ones who keep talking about it. So yeah, it's a left-wing cult boogieman."

Talk about jumping to conclusions. You're a waste of time with your garbage links and fake conculsions. 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How did you get that from "You guys are the ones who keep talking about it. So yeah, it's a left-wing cult boogieman."

Talk about jumping to conclusions. You're a waste of time with your garbage links and fake conculsions. 

Actually, it HUGELY benefits the Democrats, because Clownzilla, Qanon and all manner of craziness has crippled and divided the Republican Party and at this point almost assured that the Democrats keep the White House in 2024.

The independents and moderate conservatives want nothing to do with it, and the alt-right fruitcakes refuse to compromise or soften their extremist beliefs and stay away from the conspiracy theories. Vote splittery at its finest!

But just keep point your smelt-smelling finger at the Democrats!

:first:

Satanism describes itself as promoting equality, social justice, separation of church and state and rebelling against social norms.  It is about enjoyment of the physical state of being, from parties, alcohol, leisure, games, and sex.  The vast majority of people who self-identify as Satanists are young left-wing males.  It doesn't worship a god but an ideal. 

Putin has described the West as captured by a group of Satanic pedophiles.  Putin says God is now with Russia and will punish the West.  This moral viewpoint is something QAnon would ascribe to.  it goes something ike this:

Putin:  the West accepts homosexuality and that is something Satanism wants and shows the decay of the moral core of the West.
QAnon:   I agree with Putin.
MSM:  that is a conspiracy theory.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

That was certainly up there, but had a much shorter duration. It really only lasted 6 months where as the QAnon went on for 4 years.

The Russia hoax was promoted for years on MSM and given incredible air time and coverage and widely believed on the left. The Q Anon BS only proliferated on some freak weird fringe far right conspiracy group. I know I never really got a full grasp of the thing until last week when cloaca posted that link and I tortured myself, watching mind-numbing dumbness for three hours, to get a grasp of what it is they were talking about.

• Haha 1

If you want a better understanding of Q Anon, watch clocka's video on it from last week but it's a hard go as it's both insane and three hours long so it's not recommended. I took the bullet for everyone.

It had good moments of non-whackjobness as I posted in that thread. The immigration stuff seemed alright, it was mainline right wing observations and talking points I'd been familiar with for a while. The propensity for left wing politicians and media personalities to hang out with sick artists and buy disgusting works made by mentally disturbed sh*tty people that they used to set up the pedophile stuff was eye opening. Art is like a window to your soul so if you buy that stuff and hang out with those artists, what does that say about you? I think they take it a step far with the pedophilia things. You can see where all the militant pro-tranny stuff comes from in politics if nothing else. I mean the people rubbing elbows with these disturbed artists and buying their art are the same ones setting education and family policy in government. 

Accusing your political opposition of pedophilia and Satanic ritual cannibalism is a few steps too far for the evidence they have. They do have some good "guilt by association" stuff to work with. Here's sick pedophile rape art. Here's Hillary Clinton and John Podesta hanging out with the artist. Here's the perverted artist's work hanging in John Podesta's living room. These art exhibits were hosted at Cosmos (or whatever) Pizza restaurant owned by Podesta's brother. Here are leaked emails speaking about something using code words "pizza" and hotdog" where if they were really talking about the foods pizza and hotdog, the conversation would make zero sense.

I do think Q Anon can make a compelling case to take us 1/5 of the way down the road that ends with a massive global child trafficiking orphans being used for Satanic cannibalism rituals. They take compelling things that bother me: globalism, immigration, disgusting art, but then they mash them all together and go way, way crazy with it. Then, whatever good they do uncover (I can go 85-100% of the way down the road with them on immigration if I took the time to verify and check out some things) they water down by making mountains out of molehills or throwing in a bunch of whacky nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If you want a better understanding of Q Anon, watch clocka's video on it from last week but it's a hard go as it's both insane and three hours long so it's not recommended. I took the bullet for everyone.

It had good moments of non-whackjobness as I posted in that thread. The immigration stuff seemed alright, it was mainline right wing observations and talking points I'd been familiar with for a while. The propensity for left wing politicians and media personalities to hang out with sick artists and buy disgusting works made by mentally disturbed sh*tty people that they used to set up the pedophile stuff was eye opening. Art is like a window to your soul so if you buy that stuff and hang out with those artists, what does that say about you? I think they take it a step far with the pedophilia things. You can see where all the militant pro-tranny stuff comes from in politics if nothing else. I mean the people rubbing elbows with these disturbed artists and buying their art are the same ones setting education and family policy in government. 

Accusing your political opposition of pedophilia and Satanic ritual cannibalism is a few steps too far for the evidence they have. They do have some good "guilt by association" stuff to work with. Here's sick pedophile rape art. Here's Hillary Clinton and John Podesta hanging out with the artist. Here's the perverted artist's work hanging in John Podesta's living room. These art exhibits were hosted at Cosmos (or whatever) Pizza restaurant owned by Podesta's brother. Here are leaked emails speaking about something using code words "pizza" and hotdog" where if they were really talking about the foods pizza and hotdog, the conversation would make zero sense.

I do think Q Anon can make a compelling case to take us 1/5 of the way down the road that ends with a massive global child trafficiking orphans being used for Satanic cannibalism rituals. They take compelling things that bother me: globalism, immigration, disgusting art, but then they mash them all together and go way, way crazy with it. Then, whatever good they do uncover (I can go 85-100% of the way down the road with them on immigration if I took the time to verify and check out some things) they water down by making mountains out of molehills or throwing in a bunch of whacky nonsense. 

Just about every lunatic extremism thing in history has had elements of truth to it, but that doesn't mean anyone should go down any road with them. You just find an intelligent, not-crazy road to get to and address the truthful places.

Child sex trafficking exists therefore it is sane to believe Hillary eats children in a Satanic pedo pizza dungeon, some guy on 4chan said so.

:doh: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Child sex trafficking exists therefore it is sane to believe Hillary eats children in a Satanic pedo pizza dungeon, some guy on 4chan said so.

:doh: 

Isn't that crazy?

And they try to twist it into some kind of left-wing thing, never mind all the people with Q shirts and Clownzilla flags storming the Capitol and a self-admitted Qanon believer who serves as a Republiturd congresswoman.

:wacko:

4 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Does believing that worldwide child sex-trafficking occurs require you to be a delusional dipsh!t who thinks Clownzilla is the savior of it and that politicians, Hollywood stars and media personalities are focking and eating babies?

Rusty has jumped the shark.  :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The below thread, Filthy, 12th man, and Drobs for sure.

However, Reality, HT, and others condemned it right away as fake.  Most people realized it was fake.

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

This thread was started by Util99.

I’m not totally sure what it is either.  Is it a group of people like The Proud Boys?  

44 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The Russia hoax was promoted for years on MSM and given incredible air time and coverage and widely believed on the left. The Q Anon BS only proliferated on some freak weird fringe far right conspiracy group. I know I never really got a full grasp of the thing until last week when cloaca posted that link and I tortured myself, watching mind-numbing dumbness for three hours, to get a grasp of what it is they were talking about.

In the news sites I visit there was not many articles related to russia. I do visit more science and economics based sites and less sites that are "political". QAnon definitely got more play on the science based sites.

More related to the science of who believes in conspiracy theories and why it was an effective conspiracy theory, etc. But the coverage was not close between the two.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

In the news sites I visit there was not many articles related to russia. I do visit more science and economics based sites and less sites that are "political". QAnon definitely got more play on the science based sites.

More related to the science of who believes in conspiracy theories and why it was an effective conspiracy theory, etc. But the coverage was not close between the two.

Meanwhile, I couldn't have told you fock all of what Q Anon was about until a few days ago and what I found was laughable. 

37 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

This thread was started by Util99.

I only brought it up because I hear so many liberals referencing it.

I find it interesting that its perfectly OK to accuse the Catholic Church of hiding pedophiles but its a conspiracy theory to think Hollywood does it, even tho there have been plenty of pedos exposed in Hollywood.

• Confused 1

Is Time Magazine part of Q?

They ran a story about the Cabal putting things in place to change the election

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

TIME magazine has published a lengthy article lauding “an extraordinary shadow effort” of a conglomeration of entities working together to ensure that the November election would be “free and fair, credible and uncorrupted.” TIME refers to the effort as “a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it.”

So it's not a group of people, its a think tank of so called conspiracy theories?  

Is it a thread on Redditt?

Is it a real group of people like The Proud Boys?

The OP has a point, I'm not entirely sure either. 

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I find it interesting that its perfectly OK to accuse the Catholic Church of hiding pedophiles but its a conspiracy theory to think Hollywood does it, even tho there have been plenty of pedos exposed in Hollywood.

Hairy animals exist, therefore Bigfoot is real.

- JustinCharge, probably

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So it's not a group of people, its a think tank of so called conspiracy theories?  

Is it a thread on Redditt?

Is it a real group of people like The Proud Boys?

The OP has a point, I'm not entirely sure either. 

At first I thought it was just right wing trolls being jerks and going for LOLs. But it's now started to occur to me that these people are real and they actually believe these things.

I know is that the MSM will never be able to debunk these people because nobody trusts the MSM. They're right to be suspicious. So, I guess it's our responsibility but they probably don't trust us either.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Meanwhile, I couldn't have told you fock all of what Q Anon was about until a few days ago and what I found was laughable. 

Q is batshit crazy and is nothing like Russia pee tapes/conspiracy. Not that it wasn't fake, but there were strong reasons the left believed in it.The right wing equivalent to the Russian conspiracy would be the election being stolen.

Both Russia and election fraud had a president behind them:

• Obama put illegal surveillance on Trump related to Russia
  • Trump was the main person pushing election fraud,

Both had multiple respected/trusted members of congress:

• McCain(and many democrats) for Russia,
  • Cruz(and many republicans) for the election. 

You have to understand why the far left believed the Russia conspiracy theories if you have any belief in the 2020 election conspiracy. Any time you get the president and multiple members of congress behind a movement against the other side, then you will believe if you want to believe. Even if you believe that one is false and the other is correct, based on who is pushing the narrative hopefully you understand why the other side believes the way they do.

I am interested in the theory behind Q even though I fully understand that many conservatives have never even heard of it, let alone believe in it according to pew research. Pew research is a left leaning site and even they admit more democrats know about Q than republicans.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I looked it up and still don't get it. The left loves qanon but they can never explain what it is. :dunno:

Maybe you spelled it wrong.  

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Q is batshit crazy and is nothing like Russia pee tapes/conspiracy. Not that it wasn't fake, but there were strong reasons the left believed in it.

The right wing equivalent to the Russian conspiracy would be the election being stolen. Both of these had a president behind them, Obama for Russia and Trump for the election, both had multiple respected/trusted members of congress supporting them, McCain(and many democrats) for Russia, Cruz(and many republicans) for the election.  You have to understand why the far left believed the Russia conspiracy theories if you have any belief in the 2020 election conspiracy.

Q is just some random anonymous person on the internet spouting vague crap, however there were a couple posters here who believed, none of them are left though, I worry about Filthy, I have a pretty good memory and he was at the age of a heart attack, he would not have left here the way he did.

Flahawker/12th man on the other hand may have been banned/left the site. I do not think he is here as an alias, because none of the new posters that fit his profile are seattle fans.

I can see how you would make that comparison. And it's a quality observation. For myself, I was open to the notion that the Russian conspiracy thing may have been real the entire time. More than that actually, I was thinking it would turn out to be the case. But I really didn't follow it. I couldn't tell you the ins and outs,  I didn't click on the latest news, I never posted in those threads, I couldn't make a case or argue either side and that's because either way, I didn't care. Apparently the major evidence was shown to be fabricated.

In turn that kind of explains halfway your reaction to my posts in that thread about the election fraud thing. Only halfway though. I was always open to being convinced that was true and would have tuned back in had the evidence proved true. My faith in the integrity and professionalism of the media was at worst shaken at the time, it certainly wasn't shattered as it is now. While I couldn't make any case about the Russia thing as it was exhausting and I didn't bother following it, I can trace a dozen lies and falsehoods in the media about President Trump, the easiest to prove being the Charlottesville "fine people on both sides" quote. The speech is online. Anyone who looks can clearly see how that quote was edited and spun in the MSM to mean the exactly 180 degree opposite of what he'd said. Three times, in that speech he says "good people on both sides" and all three times Trump clarifies and specifically by name that he excludes neoNazis and KKK from that observation and yet the media deliberately edits that part and lie directly to us that he means the KKK and NeoNazis are good people.  

Anyway, since then, I've seen more and more the cascade of lies and misinformation in the media. It's become glaringly obvious. A media and Big Tech cooperative coverup of the Hunter Biden laptop story being the most shameful thing that pulls the veil right off. 

I don't want to go into the election fraud stuff again.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's a little more that goes into details about Q supporters.

https://www.wired.com/story/qanon-supporters-arent-quite-who-you-think-they-are/

I'm pretty impressed with that article.  Given the source (Wired) I really thought it would be a hack job. 
Also, Now I think i have a basic understanding about Qanon and the origins :thumbsup:

• Like 1