Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

can anyone explain what qanon is?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That’s some story. What’s the guys name? 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, Voltaire said:

It's a straw man that serves the MSM's purposes. "CNN viewers, do you want to know what Trump supporters believe? We found some for you, listen to these fine examples."

"The world is being secretly run by a cabal of pedophile vampires who eat children."  "The Chinavirus is a punishment from God for the sin of societal accepting homosexuality."

"Back to you, Don."

I understand why CNN does it. It serves their purposes to paint the ass end of Trump supporters as all Trump supporters. Their viewers in liberal bubbles on the coasts don't interact with Trump supporters; QAnon retards are as close as they get. What I don't understand is what worms is doing. He's been here off-and-on, mostly on, for many years. "See this thing that the MSM says that you were talking about. This is what you were talking about even though both you and I don't remember you talking about it, but it is true you did because CNN told me it's true. " 

I watched my first QAnon video in January or February. My response was maybe earlier in this thread or another like it. The only reason I bothered to do so was because I was tired of talking about what QAnon believes without actually knowing what QAnon believes. It was clearly bullsh*t. Since this is what CNN viewers are told that we think, no wonder they're hopelessly lost. They deliberately lump the hopelessly lost in with us. You'd think worms would know better that repeat that lie around here, since he's actually been here reading posts for many years. But for some reason, he thinks he can tell us that we were talking about things we never talked about and convince us we actually did.

No worms, we were making legitimate points and argued them legitimately the entire time and had no idea this bizzaro world even existed until the MSM found them.

This was the first time most of us heard about it. Right here.

• Like 1

I am being 100% honest, swear on anything....

I'm still not sure what it is.  Is it a group of people?  a reddit thread?  A person with followers?  

Even when you google it, it says its a "theory".  Huh?  People talk about it like its a group of people.....

QAnon[a] (/ˌkj.əˈnɒn/) is a discredited far-right conspiracy theory 

I've never understood.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm still not sure what it is.  Is it a group of people?  a reddit thread?  A person with followers?  

Even when you google it, it says its a "theory".  Huh?  People talk about it like its a group of people.....

I've never understood.  

“Q” was an anonymous person who started posting things on the fringe corners of the internet message boards. "They" were claiming to have Q level clearance in our government and were supposedly sharing inside information. Some people took interest in it and started to take the messages mainstream via FB, Twitter, etc. where it spread like wildfire. Where it eventually infiltrated Trump’s inner circle. 

5 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

“Q” was an anonymous person who started posting things on the fringe corners of the internet message boards. "They" were claiming to have Q level clearance in our government and were supposedly sharing inside information. Some people took interest in it and started to take the messages mainstream via FB, Twitter, etc. where it spread like wildfire. Where it eventually infiltrated Trump’s inner circle. 

You are wasting your time, anyone who didn't know who or what Qanon is LAST YEAR is willfully ignorant. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s some story. What’s the guys name? 

Beuller? 

36 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

So it’s a lie on the internet?  JFC there are thousands of those.  Digby does it twice a day just here.  CNN does it every hour.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So it’s a lie on the internet?  JFC there are thousands of those.  Digby does it twice a day just here.  CNN does it every hour.  

Yeah, here's a difference. The majority of trump supporters believe in it. Just look at a screenshot of any Trump rally and the number of qanon signs.

The moron chick that died breaking through a window at Congress? Swallowing all of Qs . 

Most of the hundreds of capital insurrectionist  are claiming Qanons delusion as their defense..

15 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, here's a difference. The majority of trump supporters believe in it. Just look at a screenshot of any Trump rally and the number of qanon signs.

The moron chick that died breaking through a window at Congress? Swallowing all of Qs . 

Most of the hundreds of capital insurrectionist  are claiming Qanons delusion as their defense..

There was no insurrection. They went in, took selfies and left. And no one cares if they went to jail. Fine.

Where is the credible documentation that 100s of people used qnon as their defense?   

And what the hell is qnon. I have only heard liberals use that term up to this point.

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

There was no insurrection. They went in, took selfies and left. And no one cares if they went to jail. Fine.

Where is the credible documentation that 100s of people used qnon as their defense?   

And what the hell is qnon. I have only heard liberals use that term up to this point.

Boy, are you focking selfvdelusional. 

I guess you too are not man enough

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Boy, are you focking selfvdelusional. 

I guess you too are not man enough

Yeah. You may want to hit up your local bar and put a "straightjacket" on some little dude.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Yeah… just like that. :rolleyes:  :doh:

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I've never understood.  

Lol you’re a terrible liar

Why is it that the liberals always bring up qnon, they can never explain what it is, and can't find any conservatives here to quote or reference the qnon sect of this country?

BLM and Antifa are out there loud and proud and destructive. 

But for qnon, someone give some references to where conservatives in the news or in some articles or even on this site where they are actually talking about what they are and all the good qnon stands for. I only really hear this term from liberals with TDS. 

Then maybe there can be a conversation rather just a bunch of drunken lefties around here making accusations.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol you’re a terrible liar

100% truth. Not lying, I have no problem defending my stances on this dumbass site. 

44 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

100% truth. Not lying, I have no problem defending my stances on this dumbass site. 

Don’t believe you one bit.

33 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Don’t believe you one bit.

Why don't you post all the references that KSB has posted about qnon and what they are and all the good they are doing. And any other conservatives here for that matter. Case will be closed. 

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

The majority of Trump supporters know very little about QAnon because they don't interact with QAnon freak content. The QAnon people masturbate themselves out of sight in some murky corner of the internet and whenever they post something particularlty absurd, it catches left wing corporate media attention for a good laugh. 

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are wasting your time, anyone who didn't know who or what Qanon is LAST YEAR is willfully ignorant. 

I don't know the specifics because I don't care who they are. Fringe nut wackos was enough for me.

And you could easily write this exact same article using Antifa instead. Merely nuts with different shells. 

Liberals need things like q anon and white supremacy because they know in reality the majority of the good, hard working, law abiding tax paying Americans aren’t liberals, and all the blue haired, nose ring freaks and ghetto trash are liberals. Once again it’s fantasy vs reality, like everything they do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals need things like q anon and white supremacy because they know in reality the majority of the good, hard working, law abiding tax paying Americans aren’t liberals, and all the blue haired, nose ring freaks and ghetto trash are liberals. Once again it’s fantasy vs reality, like everything they do. 

^^^^^^ This. Exactly.

The liberals like to pretend/believe their side has less nuts and freaks. It's their side that s drowning in freaks who are in Congress, the media, corporattions and hold significant sway over their political discourse. Meanwhile the QAnon are utterly powerless and largely ignored dipsh*ts on the right.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Yah, I am with KSB and TBBOM.   I am conservative and I still don't really know and understand what the whole qanon thing is.   When I have researched it, I have quickly become bored with the topic because it's obviously just some fringe/nut thing.     And like others have stated, in my circle of conservative friends, business assoc, etc - I have never heard anyone talk about it our profess any belief in any of its supposed tenets.  

I listened to a podcast with Jordan Peterson several weeks ago and he said something that really stuck with me.   They were discussing the now famous interview he did with a reporter who kept asking him variations of questions like;  "when did you become a white supremacist?",  "why do you hate women?",  and JP was having none of it and calmly destroyed everything the reporter was throwing at him.     He was asked for his thoughts on why the reporter felt the need to go in that direction with him.   He is obviously a smart, well read, thoughtful person.   Why would someone want to hurl ridiculous insults at him like that?   He said (paraphrasing here); "she wanted to reduce me to an easily dismissible absurdity".    

That comment encapsulates all of it.    Conservatism is harder to explain.   It is easy to say something like "we must help the less fortunate".    But a conservative would say that if you eliminate the moral hazard of someone's decision making and take away their agency in their life decisions, you are doing more harm than help to them.     It is usually at about that point that libs will either check out because they can't handle that level of dialog and thought or they realize that their positions really aren't that well thought out and they are going to have a rough go of it in a debate at that level.    Thus the desire to push all conservative thought into categories that are easily dismissible rather than address directly what is actually being said/thought. 

Hence, when you hear dopes like wiff say stuff like "the majority of Trump supporters believe Q",  remember the "reduce them to easily dismissible absurdities" concept and it all makes sense.   It really explains all of it.   "All Republicans are racists",   "Trump said to inject bleach",  "Republican's want to take voting rights back to JIm Crow", etc., etc., etc.     See - all of those things, while wholly inaccurate, are "easily dismissible" hence the almost rabid desire of libs to make them the narrative.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

100%, nailed it.

Most Trump supporters have no idea wtf a qanon is. Most people, in general, don't spend their days on Twitter and reddit obsessing over this garbage, they've got too much going on in their lives. Liberals think Twitter is real life, when in truth, it's an incredibly small amount of people that are responsible for all of the content.

The left wants everyone to think they are the highly educated, extremely intelligent ones in this country (and the world) , yet they have very few victories to point to. Look a the education system they have taken over and have been running for close to half a century. We have whole cities where a minuscule amount of students are at grade level. They “reimagined” the police and crime has skyrocketed. I heard on the radio that there are 22k high schools in the United States, amd that just 2k of them are responsible for half of the high school dropouts. And you can be rest assured that the majority of the graduates at those schools are being pushed through, getting an attendance award disguised as a diploma.  They are failure  factories. Gonna blame that on Q anon? White supremacy? Probably. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The left wants everyone to think they are the highly educated, extremely intelligent ones in this country (and the world) , yet they have very few victories to point to. Look a the education system they have taken over and have been running for close to half a century. We have whole cities where a minuscule amount of students are at grade level. They “reimagined” the police and crime has skyrocketed. I heard on the radio that there are 22k high schools in the United States, amd that just 2k of them are responsible for half of the high school dropouts. And you can be rest assured that the majority of the graduates at those schools are being pushed through, getting an attendance award disguised as a diploma.  They are failure  factories. Gonna blame that on Q anon? White supremacy? Probably. 

That's part of the problem right there. Educated doesn't equal intelligence. 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

100%, nailed it.

Most Trump supporters have no idea wtf a qanon is. Most people, in general, don't spend their days on Twitter and reddit obsessing over this garbage, they've got too much going on in their lives. Liberals think Twitter is real life, when in truth, it's an incredibly small amount of people that are responsible for all of the content.

I think you're right that many don't know what qanon is but I guarantee they hear the conspiracies that were started from it, and there are a good amount that believe in them.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think you're right that many don't know what qanon is but I guarantee they hear the conspiracies that were started from it, and there are a good amount that believe in them.

So liberals are the boss of who knows what?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, it seems like liberals are the only ones plugged into it as far as I can see.

It seems millions of people are and the ones who believe the theories are a majority of Trump supporters.  Looks like they go hand in hand.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's a good article explaining it all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/53498434

That article is complete and utter trash.   You think it's "good"????    Direct quote:  "But social media and opinion polls indicate there are at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people who believe in at least some of the bizarre theories offered up by QAnon".   But it doesn't say what those "bizarre theories" are and who the hell is quantifying what "theories" out there in "social media" are "Q theories" and how they are tabulating them to come up with "thousands, if not millions" statement.   

My college political science professors would have laughed me out of the room if I presented something like this to them.    Total BS.    Do better.  

• Like 2

Is the fact that there was rampant fraud in the election considered a “bizzare theory”?  Count me in then. 

5 minutes ago, Masshole said:

That article is complete and utter trash.   You think it's "good"????    Direct quote:  "But social media and opinion polls indicate there are at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people who believe in at least some of the bizarre theories offered up by QAnon".   But it doesn't say what those "bizarre theories" are and who the hell is quantifying what "theories" out there in "social media" are "Q theories" and how they are tabulating them to come up with "thousands, if not millions" statement.   

My college political science professors would have laughed me out of the room if I presented something like this to them.    Total BS.    Do better.  

https://www.prri.org/research/qanon-conspiracy-american-politics-report/

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What's a qnon again?

QAnon is a guy with about 50M followers... 49,999,900 are Democrats complaining that the other 100 who follow him make up 75% of the Republican party.

Has anyone clicked on those links Hawkeye is providing? Why?